“Comfortable Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nottawasaga Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alliston
Nottawasaga Inn Resort
You added Nottawasaga Inn Resort to your Saves list
6015 Highway 89, Alliston, Ontario L9R 1A4, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Toronto, Canada
“Comfortable Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is my second time visiting the resort and it is situated on a beautiful property with a golf course.They've renovated the dining area since last year and it is beautiful and modern. The lobby is well decorated as well with lots of seating.

There was an adequate gym (minus barbell), and other fitness facilities including a pool.
The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms had extra towels and complimentary toiletries.

The food was good, not great (my personal taste). There was a wide variety of meats (lamb, ham, chicken, fish, beef, etc) cooked in various ways which was nice.

Staff are awesome, and very helpful!

Cons: Their halal option was only chicken, so it was unfortunate for some of my coworkers to watch us eat the variety of meats and they had chicken for 4 days straight.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the dining rooms are closer to the meeting rooms (and food, obviously) in case y...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent business trip and for the kind words about our staff, accommodations, facilities and our recent renovations!

As a conference facility, we strive to accommodate all special dietary needs. With the halal request, we offered a variety of chicken and fish dishes as well as hot vegetarian options and assorted salads. We did not receive any complaints about the options available; however in the future please do not hesitate to bring any concerns with the food variety or preparation to our attention as we would have most certainly prepared a special dish as required.

Thank you again for your positive review and we’ll be sure to share your kind words with our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Was there for a recent work conference and I must say I wasn't overly impressed. The main lobby has modern feel to it and the main dining room has a high ceiling, huge windows and a fantastic view of the golf course. Unfortunately this doesn't carry over to the food or the rooms which were both bland.

The room I stayed in was on the second floor and had a great view of the golf course, unfortunately a picnic table was placed just below my room's patio doors which attracted the smokers who congregated at all hours (I was waken at 2:30am and 3am). I had to keep the curtains closed if I wanted any level of privacy. I was able to appreciate the view for the amount of time it took to walk from the entrance to the patio door in order to close the curtains.I could also smell smoke in my room each morning.

The fact that the room is dated is not a big deal if the bed is comfortable and I can get a good night's sleep. That didn't happen the bed was hard and not very comfortable at all.

The inside pool is nice and well maintained. The gym equipment is old but functional. I get that the mini golf is supposed to be a jungle theme and the jungle can be dark place but it would nice to turn on a couple lights on so you can see the course. It's not a glow in the dark course.

Didn't golf but the course looked nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed and would like to address your concerns.

With respect to accommodations, we do have a noise restriction policy in place that we enforce in order to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a restful and relaxing stay. We apologize about the noise that you experienced and certainly would have quickly addressed this issue if it had been reported to the Front Desk.

All of our guestrooms feature the plush Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress, specially designed with advance comfort quilt technology, as well as your choice of both soft and firm pillows. The feedback that we have received so far has been quite positive and it is unfortunate that you did not find the bedding to your liking.

We are pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy many of our indoor recreational amenities. Both the mini-putt and arcade areas are equipped with motion sensor lighting as part of our ongoing efforts to conserve energy and reduce our carbon footprint. The lights are activated once you begin the course and have been set-up so that they enhance feature areas and add to the Jungle experience.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We do hope that your recent stay will not deter you from future visits to the Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are able to return to the area again.
White Plains, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Based on the website, I was excited to experience this "resort". Unfortunately, the decor was outdated and the internet barely functioned (including inside the conference room!). At night, when I called the front desk to inquire about the poor/non-existent wi-fi in my room, the attendant generously offered to reset the system (thank you), but also suggested that I might want to step into the hallway for a signal (seriously?). My ground level room was noisy, depressing and overlooked the parking lot. There were no outlets near the bed or bottled water in the room. It felt like a mediocre hotel from the 70's. The food was gross. One of my colleagues ended up with a expired yogurt. The glasses in the conference room were dirty and I had to go through 2-3 to find one without old lipstick on it. There were ants by the elevator on the conference room level. I couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, but if you must stay, absolutely don't stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us and we sincerely apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. Guest feedback is vital as it helps us to identify both our successes and challenges so that we can better serve our guests in the future.

We are currently in the process of many updates to the property including the recent completion of our lobby renovation, the second phase of our bedroom updates, a redesign of the Riverview Room, as well as our meeting rooms. With 36 meeting rooms we have to spread out our renovation timelines and have completed some of our smaller meeting rooms this year with plans to continue with our larger spaces and common areas over the next 2 years.

I’m sorry to hear that you did not find your room to your liking and about your difficulties accessing the Wi-Fi in your guestroom. We are currently in the process of adding more hotspots to the guestroom floors to provide better coverage. Our conference rooms offer secured unshared internet access and we wish that you would have brought your concerns to our attention so that we could have attended to your needs accordingly.

Our culinary team works diligently to provide all of our guests with delicious and innovative dining experiences. We only have the opportunity to address concerns and rectify an unsatisfactory meal if it is voiced to our staff. We would have been pleased to prepare a culinary dish to your specific discretion. All other feedback from our corporate guests was very positive.

Thank you for your comments regarding the glassware in the conference room; this has been addressed with our housekeeping department. Due to our rural countryside location, there is the odd occasion when some of nature’s outdoor visitors that make their way into the hotel; especially when exterior meeting room doors are being used more often in the spring and summer months.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We do take necessary action with all comments received and hope that we have the chance to better accommodate you in the future.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We went there with my GF during Family Day weekend, so the resort was packed with families with kids. We thought the resort would feel more cozy but it is a really big resort tailored for conferences, etc.
It is not so good for couples if you want a romantic escape, but it is really good for families. There are sport facilities, a pool, 2-3 restaurants, a nice mini golf, arcade video games, etc.

We had booked a room with a jacuzzi in it which was really nice ! The bed was massive and extremely comfortable.
They also offer massages, and my GF said it was really good.
The prices aren't cheap though, you have to pay for mini golf for instance, and the restaurants are fairly expensive.

The area offers a lot of snowshoeing and cross country skiiing trails, and the resort actually rents snowshoes and has a trail (quite small I think).

To sum up: a big resort with a lot of services and infrastructures, excellent for families and kids. And if you travel as a couple, just pick your weekend (i.e. not family day, which was also valentine's day weekend this year!)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Hi onizuka000,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent Valentine’s getaway. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay despite some concerns. We’re pleased to hear that you found the room to your liking and that your girlfriend was able to enjoy a massage with one of our registered therapists.

We feel that our pricing is competitive with other resorts and that we have many value added services including 45 holes of golf, gourmet dining, indoor pool and waterslide, 18 holes of mini-golf, spa services, a fitness facility and 6km of nature trails all which make us a popular choice for both couples and families throughout the year.

Please know that if you and your girlfriend would like to return for a getaway we do offer many affordable package options, which include meals and mini-golf, that we’re sure will suit your budget. As well, throughout the year you can also access value-conscious and last-minute specials directly on our website, for both mid-week and weekend stays

We hope that you’ll visit again soon!
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My family of 4 and our friends (4 adults, 3 children) checked into the Nottawasaga Inn on March 10th. I had made the reservations the day prior to check in and was pleased the resort was able to accommodate my family last minute over March Break. When we booked, we were told that there were March Break activities for the children to enjoy. I had already reviewed with my children the website for details on the activities scheduled. The kids were very excited especially for the Zoo Tek show. The same day as I made the reservation, I was told to speak to the Activities dept. to book our children into the fun. MUCH to our disappointment I was told the activities were fully booked, and we could be placed on a wait list when we arrived at the resort. This information was communicated only after our reservation was complete, and after the reservation agent had made mention of all the fun ready for the children when we arrived. It is good that the reservation agent can talk up the resort activities, but not when they are not available. Immediately upon check in, we did proceed to the Activities desk and requested to have the 3 children placed on the wait list. Of course, we did not ever receive any spot, and the children were very disappointed. Great fun activities, but we could not enjoy a single one!!!!

We ate our dinner meal in the Inn Café, and waited a very long time to be served our meals. The portion sizes were disappointing, as well the food was unappetizing. I was also surprised to have a "house fly" join us for most of our meal even though it was only the beginning of March. What a turn off. I could understand the slow service if the Café had been at max capacity however at 7:00 p.m., it was not very busy at all.

We did enjoy the pool and hot tub. It was crowded but never overcrowded. The lifeguards were attentive and professional. We did find the walk to and from the main hotel to the pool area a bit long for young children....and there is an offensive odour in the corridor attaching the two buildings.

Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a room overlooking a back patio area. We did pay more for a room with a balcony and we were glad we did because we could keep bottles of water and soda on the balcony to stay cold. There is no mini fridge in the room unfortunately.

The most unfortunate part of our stay was the inconvenience and disruption we had a result of the neighbours toilet being broken. The toilet made a flushing sound from approximately 5 p.m. until we left for dinner at about 7 p.m. When we did return to our room, the noise had stopped and I assume a maintenance worker was up to repair it. However, it started again later in the evening. It became very disruptive and annoying after we turned off the television to retire for the night. At approximately midnight I did call to advise the front desk staff. We were told that a worker would be coming up to turn off our neighbours water. What a relief. I met the worker in the hall, and was told the water had been turned off, and the neighbours would be offered another room. Overnight we could hear each time our neighbours made the walk from their room to their new room, we heard talking and the doors closing. VERY DISTURBING!!!!! We were not offered to relocate our room.

The next morning we were too tired to enjoy any activities, and unfortunately checked out much earlier than planned.

Overall a very disappointing overnight stay at your resort!!!!

Upon check out, I did speak to the front desk manager, Arlene, and voiced our frustrations about our stay......specifically the lack of opportunity for our children to enjoy the planned activities and the disruption by our neighbours broken toilet. I had to ask for some means of compensation, and was offered brunch tickets upon a future visit. This did not make up for the disappointment we felt upon check out, and if we do not ever return we will not have the opportunity to use them. I feel some compensation in the form of a partial refund would have been nice, or even an offer to stay at the property in the future for a reduced rate.

I am afraid the resort has lost our family as return guests as a result. It is very unfortunate that I cannot speak highly of our stay. We live in the area, and prior to our stay had discussed other opportunities to stay in the future including our children's birthday's and other long weekend stays. The resort should be concerned about negative reviews and aim to achieve customer satisfaction upon check out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. We’re sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay and we have reviewed your comments with our team. Guest feedback is important to us, as it helps us to continuously improve both our services and offerings.

We received an overwhelmingly positive response to our March Break programs and as a result a few select activities booked up quickly. As a result, we continually added additional program times throughout the week in order to ensure that all guests had an opportunity to participate in the activities. We sincerely apologize that we weren’t able to accommodate your program requests.

Our culinary team strives to provide our guests with their meals in a timely manner and we apologize that services seemed to take longer than preferred. In the future please do not hesitate to voice your concerns at the time of dining so that we can correct it your liking.

We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our indoor tropical themed pool and that our team was attentive to your needs. Please know that our housekeeping department undertakes a regimented and thorough cleaning schedule of the hallways and public areas on a daily basis; however there may be times in between this regular cleaning schedule, where based on occupancy and/or outside weather conditions, that certain public areas may not be up to our high standards at a given time.

We are also pleased to hear that you found your room to your liking and that the balcony came in handy! Our rooms do not come standard with a mini-fridge, but one can be requested at time of booking and added to your room for a small fee.

We certainly apologize that you found your neighbours to be disruptive as we hope that all of our guests enjoy a restful and relaxing stay. Our staff did address your call about the water noise coming from the neighbouring room and we certainly wish that you would have notified us of the further disruption so that our front desk staff could have gone to all appropriate lengths to reassign you to a room that better suited your liking. Upon receiving your comments in the morning, complimentary brunch was extended.

We certainly appreciate your comments. We strive to ensure our guests have an overall positive experience and we wish that you had brought your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could have remedied the situation. Please know that we are always available to address guest inquiries prior to, during and after a stay with us. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Never heard of the place prior to attending a workshop there. Words cannot do justice. Wonderful staff from checking in to departing. Couldn't do enough for you. Rooms are great (had a room with balcony overlooking the river). The food is great. Breakfast and lunch were buffet while dinner was sit down and be waited on. Food tasty and well prepared. I know that I will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms to rear have balcony and overlook the river. Front overlooks the scenic parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent workshop and for the kind words about our staff, accommodations and dining options.

Should you have the opportunity to join us again in the future we hope that you will have more leisure time to enjoy the amenities and services that the Nottawasaga Resort has to offer, including 45 holes of golf, our 70,000 sq ft health and fitness centre as well as a line-up of outdoor leisure activities.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we’ll be sure to share your kind words with our team. We hope to see you again soon!
Collingwood, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have been going to this resort each March Break for many many years. This has always been our first choice of resorts. The pool is the greatest we have ever seen and the water slide is such great fun. The new Riverview Dining room upgrade is lovely, although it seems there is more walking now over to the buffet area. The arcade offered there is fun but has its frustrations. That big game particularly with the claw that you try and grab a stuffed toy, is totally a rip off. It is so loose that it would not grab anything. A lot of money is wasted by kids playing this game sadly. you are guaranteed a small stuffed toy, however it sure isn't a fair game. I suggest they take it right out of there. I love Skee ball and it was broken down when we were there as well as other games not working in that area. I believe the hotel does not own the arcade and others manage it but it really needs changed. The food in the Riverview dining room is good, but not near as good as it has been for many years, not sure what has changed, the quality perhaps. It used to be excellent before. We enjoyed skating right next door to the hotel that was great, and the girls tried out the archery, but really enjoyed the basketball court instead. The theme dining is always fun, we love dressing up and for the very first time our family won a lovely themed gift basket. thanks! Overall this resort is still excellent, but I just wish the food would go back to being the way it was years ago. Room was very clean and comfy...slept well. They offer packages but some you still need to pay for meals for kids or adults. I really wish they offered more all inclusive packages, one price pays all. That is what I really like when going away.

Room Tip: we have stayed in many rooms, all very nice, if you want closest to the Riverview Dining room then p...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your March Break stay with us and that we have been a choice resort for you and your family for many years. It’s wonderful to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy many of the onsite amenities offered at the resort including our 100ft waterslide and line-up of special March Break activities.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the arcade during this visit and we have passed along your comments onto our team for further review.

Thank you for your kind words about our recent renovation to the Riverview Room and congratulations to your family on winning best dressed on one of the special themed dining nights! We apologize that you did not find the food to your liking and in the future please do not hesitate to voice any concerns about your meal, at the time of dining, to our staff so that they can correct it your liking. We do have several restaurant options to choose from ranging from casual to fine dining. With a focus on gourmet dining the Mahogany Room may be more to your liking and has a multitude of options that will certainly satisfy your culinary desires.

We have several value added packages that you may want to consider for your next stay including the It’s On Us package which includes breakfast and dinner as well as a food and activity voucher. Our reservation department would be happy to discuss the options that are available to you for your next getaway.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Nottawasaga Inn Resort? Share your experiences!