“Good Value Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nottawasaga Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alliston
Nottawasaga Inn Resort
You added Nottawasaga Inn Resort to your Saves list
6015 Highway 89, Alliston, Ontario L9R 1A4, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Waterloo, Canada
“Good Value Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I just returned from an overnight stay and gathering at the Nottawasaga Inn, and we certainly enjoyed the experience. Overall, it is clean, well organized and run and has quality amenities. We did not partake in any of the pools or sports programs, but from my vantage point, they were all in good condition and well attended with quite a few adolescents.

For what we were able to sample;
The Room: It was clean, and spacious for a basic room. The wallpaper was dated and the carpet a little worn, but the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Water pressure in the shower was a little weak, although I don't know if that was due to the time I took a shower or a general problem. In room amenities were basic but fit the needs. It would be nice if they included a bar fridge, but the everything was in good shape.
The Food: We attended a Christmas party and the buffet was great, above your average "office party" fare. In particular, the roast beef was excellent. The desert section was diverse, and good. In the morning, we ate in the Riverview Dining Room and had the $10.99 breakfast buffet. Food was decent and the price was super.
The Staff: Very friendly staff, in particular the woman attending us for breakfast. She made us feel at home.

All in all, a good resort, still in good shape and of good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit to the resort. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your stay and that the Christmas party was a success!

We appreciate your comments and wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that we are progressing with many upgrades to the resort including continuous updates and renovations to our bedrooms as well as the completion of a redesign of our Riverview Dining Room. We have an active environmental program in place throughout the resort and we do use low-flush toilets, showerhead and faucet aerators as part of our water conservation efforts. Our rooms do not come standard with a mini-fridge but for your next stay please do not hesitate to request one at the time of reservation.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and I will be sure to share your kind words about the dining and customer service with our team. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so that you can experience the full line-up of amenities and services offered at the resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Durham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was very disappointed with a recent family meal at the nottawasaga inn. It all began a few weeks a go when we called to make a reservation for sunday brunch for my moms birthday. Apparently they don't take reservations. We decided to try and go anyways upon arriving early to try and get a table for 14 we were told that conventions and guests take priority. Obviously I have never felt more unwelcome in my life.
So after a few minutes we were given two separate tables beside each other which was ok I guess. Then came the meal, for the cost the selection and quality was average at best. And I have never seen any place more stingy giving out food. Spoon size roast beef serving, and for potatoes I was given two little ones which amount to a baby potatoe cut in half.
My poor nephew nearly burned his hands on the heated plates....he used his sleeve to carry it back to the table.
I could go on and on about the over priced under serviced meal but I wont.
My opinion would be to stay away, this place has not changed in years but the prices keep climbing.

A funny thing I noticed that a stair rail that leads to the basement is the same one fro when I went there to my prom 30 years ago.

Room Tip: Pick a different motel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. Guest feedback is important to us, as it helps us to continuously improve both our services and offerings.

We are honoured that you chose to celebrate your Mom’s birthday at the resort and we’re sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the service that you received during your meal. At this time we do not take reservations for Sunday Brunch however we will always accommodate guests no matter the size of the group. We are pleased to hear that you were able to be seated within a few minutes of your arrival and that our staff was able to appropriately set-up a seating arrangement.

Our Sunday Brunch Buffet features a fresh selection and a multitude of options to choose from and our culinary team uses only the finest selection of quality of meats and ingredients within their dishes. We certainly apologize that you felt that the serving size was inadequate and we wish that you had brought your concerns to our attention during your meal so that we could have corrected it to your liking.

We do closely monitor and regulate the temperature of the hot plates on the buffet to ensure that they are is at a comfortable handheld level for our guests. We did not receive any other complaints about the temperature of the plates; however we do apologize that your nephew found the temperature to be uncomfortable.

Most recently the resort has undergone many updates and improvements including a lobby and bedrooms renovation as part of our continuous improvements at the resort. As you may have noticed during your visit we are also in the process of a redesign and renovation to the Riverview Dining Room which will be completed this winter.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future so that you can experience all the changes that are occurring.
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were there for our daughter's hockey tournament. We were able to get an early check-in, which was nice but our room was a disappointment from the very beginning. It's very old looking in the room, our nice big window opened to a brick wall. Yes, no view whatsoever. The room was very stuffy, turned the temp down to 16 and still felt like we were in a sauna. Other parents had rooms with the balcony, so they could at least open a sliding door and get some fresh air. Hotel advertises free Wifi throughout the hotel. NOT! We had absolutely no wifi in our room due to being on the bottom floor and at the very end of the hall. We were told to walk towards the front and see if it came on, which it did but very sporadically. And as soon as we went back to the room, it was gone again.

Beds were very very uncomfortable. My couch is more comfortable than these beds. We were told by the staff that they could move us at 10pm at night with a 5 yr old, not acceptable. When we checked out, they said that they would have their techs check things out regarding the wifi. That's great and all but didn't accommodate us.

The amenities were decent. Kids enjoyed the pool and arcade room. Change room was freezing. I understand it has to accommodate people in the exercise room as well but coming from a heated balmy pool into a freezing changeroom isn't nice. They really need another easier access from the rooms to the amenities area.

All in all, I was not happy with our weekend. The only thing that was great was that the arena is next too the hotel. That is about it. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Staff were not very helpful.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 283 - ground floor end of hall. No view, very stuff and no wifi.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our services on this occasion and would like to address your concerns.

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulties accessing the Wi-Fi in your guestroom and we are currently adding more hotspots to the guestroom floors to provide better coverage. We currently offer free high speed internet in all of our guest rooms, the Starlight Lounge and the main lobby.

All of our guestrooms feature the plush Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress, specially designed with advance comfort quilt technology, as well as your choice of both soft and firm pillows, and the feedback that we have received so far has been quite positive. Our front desk staff would have certainly gone to all appropriate lengths to reassign you to a room that better suited your liking; however the weekend in question was quite busy due to the hockey tournament that you were participating in. Should you return in the future for a hockey tournament we encourage you to book as early as possible so that you can secure a room that is more to your liking.

We’re pleased to hear that your children had opportunity to enjoy many of our onsite amenities and that they enjoyed their time at the resort stay both on and off the ice.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We have noted your concerns on your guest and team profile and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.
Barrie Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

we had a wonderful time, and the day could not have been more perfect, we had a outdoor wedding in the garden, and for this time of year we could not have expected sun and temp in the 20's the staff were very accomadating, and handled all of our requests, thank you to our bartender, the meal was wonderful squash soup, ceaser salad, chicken, apple blossom dessert, we were not left hungry..the rooms were perfect, and the housekeeping had patience, we had the room a little longer after ck out time, and they waited and did not rush us...this is the perfect spot for a wedding, the price is just right you have a 4 course meal, with wine and the bride and groom have a comp room the night of the wedding...and comp breakfast, they supply candles for the ven, and linens, and very accomdating to outside vendors...thankyou to alll the staff and the wedding planners, Chris you were great guiding us and making sure everything was okay...if you are planning a wedding this is the spot,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear that your daughter’s wedding was a perfect occasion and we are honoured that you chose to celebrate this happy union at our resort. Our entire team goes the extra mile for all of our guests, and we’re pleased to hear that both our staff and service met your needs throughout the wedding planning process and during your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and I will be sure to share your kind words about the facilities, dining, and customer service with our team. Please pass along our congratulations again to your daughter and her husband on their recent nuptials.
Ancaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I could not believe how unaccommodating the staff at this resort are. I was there for a wedding on the long weekend and was extremely disappointed. They wouldn't allow an early check-in to my room... or provide me with a room to get ready in in the meantime. Luckily my in-laws allowed me to share their room before the wedding which was at 3 (and check-in isn't until 4). When my room was finally ready they wouldn't tell me the room number until I gave them my credit card info (which I wanted to know so I would know where my bags had to be moved to) and then once given my room number I had to return to the front desk two additional times until I had a set of room keys that actually worked!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. We’re sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the service that you received during your stay and we have reviewed your comments with our team.

We do apologize that we were unable to fulfill your request for an early check-in upon your arrival; however we do have a 4pm check-in time in place as this allows us to ensure that we have adequate time to prepare our hotel rooms for arriving guests. We did review our reservation history and noted that there was not an early check-in request on your file. Our reservations department would have communicated our policies to you at the time of booking and should you have made arrangements prior to arriving we would have most certainly tried to accommodate you. We do offer our registered guests full access to shower and change room facilities within our fitness facility, which our Front Desk staff would have offered you access to upon your arrival.

A credit card is required to guarantee a room and it is standard practice to request the card at the time of check-in. We do request this information, as well as have you complete a guest registry card, prior to issuing a room number and key card so as to guarantee payment of any incidental charges. I have personally spoken with the front desk staff regarding your issue with your key cards and we extend to you our sincerest apologies for the disruption in service.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend in October for a work conference. I wasn't expecting much but the resort exceeded my expectations.

The Lobby is impressive and the front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
The room I had was basic but nice and clean. Our room did not have a balcony. I would recommend getting a balcony room.

All of the food we had was excellent. Lots of activities and recreation to keep you as busy as you would like to be.

Nice Resort - Exceptional Staff

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay the Nottawasaga Resort! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us during your conference and that our service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Thank you also for your kind compliments about our Front Desk, Kitchen and Housekeeping staff. We are certainly fortunate to have a great team here at the resort and I will be sure to share your comments with them. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.
Alliston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We attended our nephew's wedding Sept. 21, a perfect venue for a indoor or outdoor wedding. It was to be in the beautiful garden with the fall colors changing but the weather not cooperating,
the wedding ceremony was moved indoors.
All guests attending where from out of town. It was great to park your car Friday & not move it until Sunday. Everything was in one place accommodations, food, golf, swimming, wedding and the reception.
I can't say enough how good the food was for both the rehearsal dinner Friday night in the Inn Cafe and our served dinner for the wedding on Saturday. Thanks to the chef & his team. Our waitress on Friday, Gillian was great , she attended to our every need. Thank you Gillian.
Frankie Emerson the F&B manager went above & beyond, he participated in a joke the MC had prepared for the couples special day. People are still laughing & talking about it. Thank you Frankie.
The banquet staff did amazing job, thank you.
Would I highly recommend the Nottawasaga Resort, YES

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nottawasaga, Manager at Nottawasaga Inn Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your nephew’s wedding was a success despite the uncooperative weather. Fortunately we are able to offer our wedding couples a back-up ceremony room for situations such as these so that there are no disruptions during their special day.

It's great to hear that you were able to enjoy many of our onsite amenities as well as culinary experience during your stay! Our Food & Beverage Manger Frankie really does go above and beyond to assist our guests and we’re pleased to hear that he made such a great impression on the wedding guests! Thank you again for taking the time to write and I will be sure to share your kind words about the facilities, dining, and customer service with the appropriate departments.

Been to Nottawasaga Inn Resort? Share your experiences!