“More than a pub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bradenton, Florida
“More than a pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had lunch at the pub. We were pleasantly surprised with the many choices on the menu. Not typically all fried food but a nice selection of salads, wraps, seafood, pasta, steak.........
We has a nice hot meal, our seafood was excellent.
A nice place to go for couples or families. The staff are super friendly and offer excellent service.
The owners are a nice friendly hardworking couple who strive to make their guests feel welcome.
We would definitely dine here there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Moncton, Canada
“Who Wants a Greasy Quesadilla For Lunch?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very small pub with lounge/couch type chairs so if you have a baby with you, which we did, plan on holding your little bundle on your lap during your meal because there's no spot for them.
I wasn't overly hungry so I went with the Appetizer section of the menu and got a Chicken Quesadilla. Nothing fancy, I know, but I wasn't looking for a big meal. I've ordered quesadillas before in other establishments and I know for a fact, they're not difficult to make - It's a tortilla, grilled chicken, veggies and a bit of cheese. WELL, as soon as the plate arrived, I could see the grease all over my plate. When I say grease, I mean A LOT OF GREASE. It took two napkins to soak up the oil on my plate. Then, as I picked up one slice, the grease was dripping from my quesadilla! There was nothing but the 4 slices of quesadilla on my plate so nothing else was causing the pool of oil!
My husband had the Seafood Chowder. Wasn't much seafood in it and it tasted like cream - nothing else…not enough fish broth to make it taste like a real chowder.
No one ever came to check on us to see how our meal was and no one offered us more water which we had sank within 15 minutes.
The bathroom soap was the highlight of our visit. It smelled delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia
“More of a gastropub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is quite a small pub - we ate here on a Tuesday evening and we had to sit at the bar. The food was good and the servers very friendly, and extremely busy. The menu seems more like that of a gastro pub than a typical pub. The mussel chowder was hearty but somewhat low on mussels; overall the food was tasty.

Visited August 2013
Richmond
“Fair to Middlin'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We weren't all that impressed with Duncan's Pub, but it was definitely "OK". In fact, it may be one of the best options for dinner in Amherst. We were directed there by a local who didn't hesitate to recommend it. On the way there I'm not sure if we saw any other restaurants except fast food. Maybe that's why so many other reviews are more positive - it's all in what you compare it to?

Seating is low; comfortable, but feels like you're sitting in someone's living room furniture. Decor is dark brown. Ok, I get it, it's a "pub", but is still felt a bit depressing.

Food was good, but not outstanding. Service was spotty for us. A forgotten item, another waiter helping out who could not find us to give us our food. It also felt like they were doing us a favor to let us pay our bill. Not all that friendly.

If I find myself in Amherst again, I think I'll opt for the fast food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Great atmosphere for business dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a great spot to take colleagues in the Amherst area, they have a great assortment of wine, beer and what ever else, the food is great too, it's the kind of place you like to spend a few hours in.

Hint: Better parking is around back, there is a rear entrance also.

• Visited May 2013