“great” 5 of 5 stars

117 Victoria St, Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: 902-660-3090 - must add this to the list, a choice for people who do not want fast food nor pub food nor ok chinese. Huge surprise to find this delightful restaurant in this town. Lovely watercolors by local artist, guitar player - excellent food - went back twice in 24 hours - supper was beautiful haddock, rice and veg $12. Went back for lunch - yummy panini $8 , chowder $6 and salads $8. Very reasonable
nb
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

good food, good service, good value. probably in the top 3 places to eat in Amherst, Duncans being number one, I would rate this place number two.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NS
“Overall pleasant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

For a family member’s reunion, we all went to Bella’s Café for lunch. There were several types of sandwiches available- but because of my picky taste buds, I settled on the simple grilled cheese sandwich.
There was a choice of either whole wheat bread or multi grain bread, which showed a restaurant putting out healthy food. Still, I would have preferred white bread. I chose whole wheat, and it was fine.
The Grilled Cheese was delicious! It had a lot of cheese on it, which resulted in a yummy taste! It was grilled perfectly too.
One thing I did find annoying however was the slice of dill pickle on the other side of the plate. I really don’t like dill pickles, and the awful smell kept nagging at me as I ate. I kept thinking I was tasting dill pickle, but I was really just smelling it.
The restaurant was fully packed, which showed its popularity. However I think the room had an echo effect, for it was really loud. There was also this weird bass music playing that really annoyed me.
Overall, it was a fun lunch to meet up with people again. The waitress who greeted us was quite nice and pretty. I give Bella’s 3.5 stars.

Visited July 2012
Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada
“The food is better than moms...sorry mom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great spot for a business lunch on a weekday. Food is great, the staff are friendly, everything looks to be prepared fresh.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amherst, Canada
“Excellent little place to eat !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I've had the seafood chowder (around 10 bucks) and it was very very good ! Comes with a roll. I also had the greek salad and the ham and swiss sandwich. Both were very good. You can't get white bread at this place, but the whole wheat is fresh, moist and light. The coffee is great too. The staff is friendly and the decor is nice. You know a restaurant is popular when you may need to reserve a table for lunch in Amherst !

I haven't had the opportunity to try their dinner menu yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amherst
“Excellent Lunch Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Really enjoy Bella's lunch menu. Varied and good portions. The dinner menu is limited and I have not enjoyed it as much