“Disappointed this time” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Fabulous Restaurant, pretty snazzy for such a sleeper of a town
Mississauga
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I come to Bromont each summer and this restaurant was always on the list of places to eat. After last night's experience, I can't say I will return. I usually order the filet but decided to try the roast beef, cooked medium (don't hate me for that, I like it pink through!) When it arrived, it looked like a poor cut and it was cold. They took it back to the kitchen and even though it was "heated", I found it to be inedible. Our server took my meal away and I asked if it was going to be thrown out anyway, could I take it home for my dog. He returned with a take-out container but no offer of complimentary dessert, glass of wine, my meal taken off the bill- I assumed it would be. Imagine my surprise when I saw it there!! Our server said that Manager thought the problem was fixed so there shouldn't be any issue. I asked to speak with her, who missed the memo on Customer Service. She begrudgingly comped my meal and removed the take home container in a visible huff!! Barely offered little more than insincere apology has prompted this review. The server did his best, and I happen to get a bad meal, but the way in which it was handled demonstrated a real lack of finesse.
On a side note, it would be nice if the back patio had the same, more comfortable, furniture as the front patio...

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Reasonable food but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I went to the Macpherson Bistro Steakhouse (Le) on the recommendation of the owner of the accommodation i had booked for the weekend. She advised that if i wanted the best steak in town this was the place to go. Being in town for a weekend of bike riding i didn't have a great collection of clothes. I arrived at Macpherson wearing an Anthrax T-shirt and shorts. while this probably isn't the most appropriate clothing for the restaurant i was ushered out of the main restaurant and taken to the lounge bar where I was told i would be more comfortable. The main restaurant has an English menu. The lounge bar does not. I was also, the only guest in the bar. It was just me, the chef sitting at the bar and the waitress. I had no idea what i was ordering (i can't speak or read french) but the food was nice and the service was quick. i wound up with a smoked meat sandwich rather than the steak i was hoping for. My most disappointing experience in 6 weeks in Quebec.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“No Question One of the best local restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Friday night -24 Celsius and at 8:30 PM no one there! Probably the best Caesar salad I have had in a long time, very tasty, you have to LOVE garlic and very ample. Ribs were melt in your mouth, excellent sauce and more than a man size portion in the full rack. Very nice choice of wines. Wide choice of very tasty appetizers. Definitely worth another visit.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am French speaking and visited the Bromont area with my parents. It was a quick overnight stop, on a lazy Sunday and we were looking for a nice place to eat. Although Bromont has a few main stream restaurants (St-Hubert, Sushi Shop etc) right off Highway 10, it was well worth our while to stroll down to the "Vieux-Village" area (Old Town) and chose to eat on the beautiful outdoor terrasse at Place MacPherson's Steakhouse. (Cool fact :If it gets too cold, they bring out blankets!!...)

My mom took a glance at some of the reviews on here (but never told me, of course...haha) and was secretly quite suspicious about how good our experience would be. I don't blame her after checking it out myself!

Anyways, our server, Pierre, was absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable about his menu, very fun and polite. We had a succulent diner (see attached pictures) which we were served in a timely manner, and we wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cowansville, Quebec, Canada
“Pricey But good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great classy place, but pricey and clientele is a little too snobby for me. Food and drinks are good, service is ok

Visited June 2013