“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bromont
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel this very weekend with my husband, son and daughter. We had a hockey tournament in Cowansville. Chateau Bromont was a 30 min drive back and forth from the arena, which we thought would be worth it because online the hotel looked really nice.
We were so fooled!!!
As soon as I walked into my hotel room my mouth dropped, this is not what it looks like online. This looks like a cheap motel. The room is teeny tiny! The top bread spread obviously never gets changed it looked yucky. Our room was very dark even with lights on. I called front desk and asked if there was nicer rooms, we would like to change and are will to pay more, we are already paying $150. a night! The hotel said that the next night there rooms were totally booked so there was no point in changing. They also informed me that the third floor has newly renovated rooms that is probably the pictures on the website. We are on the first floor and our rooms would be renovated later this year. What a scam!
Ok, fine lets make the best of this.
Our hockey team decided to eat in one of the hotel restaurants, it was kinda pub style, good for kids. There was 25 of us and no one else was in the restaurant. WHAT A MISTAKE! The service was atrocious! Our waiter was rude. Was almost impossible to get a drink, to 30 min. Then the food was. Our food was coming out sporadically. Adults were getting food before kids which is just so bad, some kids were done there meal while others were still asking, more like begging for there dinners. At one point I had to go up to the waiter to ask for a drink and he gave me a nasty look. What?!
I had requested my club sandwich have mayo added and my server said, "I don't know if the chef will do that, he'll probably say know". As if! Thes isn't fine dining , I told him to make sure my sandwich was as requested!
I had hit my limit, I went to the hotel front desk to complain, there was a really nice girl named Jessica who said she was actually working under cover to deal with restaurant issues and she would take care of us. Really she did nothing. And under cover? What is she inspector gadget? How ridiculous! She had asked what she could do to make us happy? I said it need to be done for our group, when she came into the restaurant and saw us she could plainly see what a disaster it was. My husband returned his food to the bar, which he will normally eat anything, I have never seen him that mad with a restaurant and food. I thought the club was ok, and my salad with it was good, but nothing to rush back for.
One of the children with us is diabetic and had taken his insulin shot for when he thought he would be eating only to be waiting 2 hours, how aweful is that!
"Jessica" was supposed to get back in touch with me the next day after talking to the manager. She didn't.
I went and spoke to her and she informed me the manager wanted to set up a buffet style dinner for us and pay for it. Hahaha, as if we were going to eat here again.
List of negatives- 4 of us only enough towels for 2 people. Towels were like sand paper. 2 house coats but they were child size, fit my kids perfectly. Beds are like rock. When we arrived we had four glasses in our room, when they made up the room for us they only left us 2. None of us had used the shower, I went to have a shower and someone else's hair was stuck on the wall. Misplaced my bookmark, looked under the bed for it it and there was a beer cap, we had no beer with us. Room is so small if you open the cabinet to get to the fridge you can't get past. View from our window, there is a terrace but there are trees in front of our window blocking view and outdoor light, our room was so dark and lighting was insufficient. When our team returned from dinner on the Saturday evening the hotel parking lot was completely full, they had a wedding or something on the go. We had to park really, really far away, parking lot was sheer us, we couldn't even make it up the hill back to our hotel entrance had to find a back door!!!!
If you want the breakfast buffet its $20. A person!
End result hotel has done nothing for us or our team to make up for our bad experiences, I'll always give them a chance to redeem themselves but the have not. In the restaurant, it's a shame for the server, I am a big tipper, happily always give 30% after taxes for good service even if food is bad! Not the servers fault if food is bad, but wow he was just about the worst server I've ever experienced. Unfortunate for him, my husband was still nice enough to leave 15% when he should not have tipped at all.
I really like trying new hotels, and I'm happy to pay extra for a good experience, but I'm so disappointed with this hotel. I will not recommend this to envy one or ever return.
Please don't make the same mistake we did!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
admin-chateaubromont, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Janet J,

We're very sorry to read the details of your recent stay with us at the Château Bromont. This is certainly not in keeping with our very high standards of hospitality and customer care, and please rest assured your comments have already been shared with our team for timely action.

We hope you will choose to stay with us on another occasion.

Best regards,

Ambassadeure de l'accueil / Lobby Ambassador
Domaine Château Bromont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hingham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Room was plain but very spacious and clean. Expect some noise from kids running about in the hallways.
Hotel is about a 2-minute shuttle to slopes (shuttle very good, timely). Bromont Ski Resort is a GREAT, well-groomed mountain and lots of fun at night.
The restaurants/pub need more and bigger TVs and decor. The scrambled eggs which were part of the breakfast buffet were an inedible dismal, liquid mess. Friendly omelet lady available though.
The hotel accommodates children well with an indoor pool just outside the lobby with adjacent arcade and a craft room for the non-video crown…that was impressive. Nice indoor fireplace nearby for parents to lounge around while kids playing. Only drawback is the chlorine smell that pervades the entire first floor, which (for me) is depressing.
Front desk is courteous and friendly. However, I was truly annoyed when the shuttle driver ORDERED me (not pleasantly asked) to return the rolling luggage carrier after I finished with it. I had just arrived and this got the stay off on the wrong foot.
Overall, this seems like an affordable, clean, kid-friendly place, but I would not recommend for adults looking for any atmosphere or lux.

Room Tip: Might want to bring a fan or something to make white noise to drown out kids running about in hallwa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I really enjoyed going to the Chateau Bromont. The smallish swimming pool was quite beautiful and was in the center of the hotel. My mother loved the spa treatment they had to offer at the luxurious attached spa. A great plus is that it is very near to the Bromont ski area, they have a shuttle going from the Chateau to the ski area when needed. The dinner meal there was OK. But I loved the buffet, the food was excellent. And the restaurant where we had both meals had an excellent view.

Room Tip: If you have kids with you, ask for the duplex suite (but note that there is no door between the leve...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
admin-chateaubromont, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chateau-Bromont, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Durga S,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Château Bromont, we really appreciate it. We're glad you enjoyed the spa and the fact that we provide the free shuttle to go to the the ski resort; those features are all to make our guests comfortable and happy during their stay.
We hope to see you again!

Best regards,

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We found a deal on Groupon for a one night stay at the hotel and decided to celebrate our 2 year anniversary there. It included Dinner, breakfast and access to Amerispa. Arrived on Sat, checked in early and had mountain view with fireplace (extra) but we were aware of that. The dinner food and service was fantastic. The breakfast buffet was delicious especially the chocolate fondue.
Called to get the fireplace going and was someone came up quickly and started the fireplace for us.
They are investing in the hotel and the decor and amenities were very nice both in the hotel and rooms. I can't really find anything to complain about except for the temperature of the hot tubs at Amerispa. It was more like a warm bath.
All in all a fantastic stay and would recommend this hotel based on our experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear StefTinMTL,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel for your anniversary. We're glad you had a great time and that the room & service stood up to your expectations. We hope to see you again soon and wish you all the best for 2014.

Warm regards,

SE Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Admittedly, my stay was only for a night, and I did not have time to properly experience all the hotel has to offer. However, my impressions were of an older property whose owners have invested in first-rate amenities, updated rooms and common areas, and pay attention to details.

The restaurant - at which I ate both dinner and breakfast - is superb. Dinner was one of the best meals I have experienced in a long time and the breakfast buffet was terrific.

The hotel setting, in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, is a picture-perfect example of why French Canadians are justifiably proud of the beauty that is La Belle Province. I will absolutely be returning.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear MI_TravelFreq,

we were delighted to read your comments on your stay at the Chateau Bromont, we hope you can come back soon to enjoy the cuisine and take in the views.
We're glad your business trip went well and that you took the time to write a review, thank you for encouraging us to work with dedication so more customers can enjoy their stay in the Eastern Townships as much as you did.

Warm regards,

L'Ile-Perrot, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Not a great weekend. I was happy to try out this hotel with a Groupon that I thought was a great deal. Warning, NEVER take an interior room. Instead of an outside room with view of the mountain I received inside room with view of the pool and a fireplace and thought, well, OK. BUT, view of the pool is of the indoor pool in the mezzanine, therefore no outside view and the echoes of kids playing in the pool at 7am. On top of that, there was a problem with the ventilation system that caused this rumble every second all night, so try to sleep through that. We also had booked a tandem message at the Amerispa, again, WHAT???? Very nice place, nice atmosphere, but WAY overpriced. 80 minute massage was less than adequate with over 10 minutes of the 2 ladies talking to each other, as if we couldn't hear! Massage means doing something, not just holding my foot for 5 minutes, what is that?
The one positive note was the food at the restaurant, "Quatre Canard", although even there was a screw up in that there were 2 Angus beef entrees, and I didn't realize that so of course I got the wrong one and couldn't figure out why I hadn't seen the goat cheese mentioned in the menu (doesn't agree with me) and the sauce was more wine sauce than pepper sauce until we were leaving and I decided to look at the menu again and saw the second option (which was of course more $). Again, it was still good, but not what I was expecting. Overall, almost $700 for one night with dinner, breakfast and a massage, not getting any sleep was not the idea of a romantic getaway I was hoping for.

Room Tip: Get an outside room or else you'll have loud noise from atrium and indoor pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bougeman,

we were saddened by your comments, and they were well noted. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it's the best way for us to find out how our guests are treated and how much they enjoy/ dislike their stay with us.

We hope you will stay with us on another occasion and that your stay will be much more enjoyable.

Kind regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to Quebec City - lovely hotel, restaurant had quality food for dinner and breakfast was adequate. Rooms where well appointed, beds were comfortable and had a view of the surrounding mountains. Would like to come back and visit in winter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Narp35,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, it is helpful to read your comments and we'll make sure we continue getting better as time goes on.

Looking forward to seeing you again during the winter,

Jessica

Been to Hotel Chateau-Bromont? Share your experiences!