“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Creston
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Contemporary, British, Healthy
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Down to Earth Wholesome Goodness Hearty Portions, friendly staff non-smoking outdoor patio with wheelchair access. Exciting dishes using locally sourced ingredients, almost everything made from scratch, Gluten Free and Vegetarian friendly.Real British Fish and Chips and the best homemade desserts including Sticky Toffee Pudding and Bread Pudding with local cherries, white chocolate and whiskey sauce.
Vancouver, Canada
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Based on the reviews on tripadvisor I thought I'd check out this restaurant while I was in Creston on business. I was not disappointed. The valley salad and the BBQ wild salmon were excellent and just when I thought it could not get any better, the sticky toffee pudding was the best I have ever had. The restaurant atmosphere was pleasant and the service was great. The prices were also quite reasonable for the high quality of the food. The next day when I had to head back to Vancouver, I was able to order the sticky toffee pudding to go and it was excellent again!

• Visited June 2012

Nanaimo
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were passing through Creston and looking for an early dinner. A local shop keeper suggested Real Food Cafe and we were very happy with the recommendation. The food was excellent (Valley Salad, Fish Pie, Vegetarian Curry), the service was attentive but not overly so. If you are in Creston and looking for out of the ordinary fare at reasonable prices, then go looking for the Real Food Cafe.

• Visited June 2012
Calgary
“Amazingly good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here on the May long weekend. The inside of the restaurant is much larger than you are led to believe from the outside. Wooden tables with fresh flowers make for a relaxed setting. The servers are exceptionally attentive and the food is to die for...all local, organic food. I had the vegetarian coconut-curry with naan bread & basmati rice, and my husband had the fish and chips. Both dishes were spiced & cooked to perfection. Mike's fish was a foot long, lightly battered, served with mashed peas, coleslaw and hand cut fries. For dessert, Mike had the nightly special of a cherry sundae with fresh whipped cream, and small cakes with nuts both on top & in the bottom of the dish. I went for the warm carrot cake with the buttermilk caramel glaze & fresh whipped cream. All this, along with an appetizer of foccacia bread with local cheese and two softdrinks for $50. We would have went the next night if they hadn't been closed!

• Visited May 2012
Creston, BC
“A welcoming atmosphere and wonderful food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We go to Real Food Cafe often and have always found a warm, friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The food is always a winner. The flavors are wonderful and the variety of dishes means there's always something on the menu to fit the mood of the day. It's like home cooking with a flair. They pride themselves on sourcing as many ingredients locally as they can. I don't think there was ever a time we were there when we didn't see friends dining there too. You won't find a better place for lunch or dinner in Creston.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Creston, Canada
“Hands Down the Best Restaurant in Creston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

No doubt in our minds Real Food Cafe should be #1 the best restaurant in Creston. Quality of the food is outstanding, the price of the food is amazing, servers are wonderful, atmosphere is amazing. I usually have trouble with restaurant food, but no doubt because of the quality of the ingredients I do not find that here what so ever. You will want to try everything on the menu. I am also in a wheelchair and Real Food Cafe has the best access in town (around the back of the restaurant).

• Visited March 2012