“Good family resort, skiing, hot pools, nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Hot Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fairmont Hot Springs
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
You added Fairmont Hot Springs Resort to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5225 Fairmont Resort Road, Box 10, Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia V0B 1L0, Canada   |
Canmore, Alberta.
“Good family resort, skiing, hot pools, nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

It's a bit dated but in a good way--flashbacks to old-time family vacations. Don't get the stay/breakfast deal, not worth it, better to just off the menu. Some decent restaurants at the bottom of the hill away from the resort--better breakfast for less $. That's my only "complaint," I thought the food was over-priced for what you got, and not stellar. But a great family vacation, decent enough food, nice rooms. The gym needs to get rid of most of the junk in it and just put in a good bench, pullup bar and free weights, done.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
FHSR, Director of Sales at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thanks for your feedback; we're really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We use all comments (positive and not so positive) to drive improvement and have made a couple of changes since you were here. We recognize that fitness facilities are important to many, so now offer lodge guests free use of the Tracking Studio. We also continue to focus on food and drink; we’ve launched new menus, have renovated Dapper’s Landing at Riverside, and will soon start work on a very popular venue in the resort lodge. Spring is here – we hope we’ll see you back at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort soon.
Marke - Fairmont Hot Springs Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

There was a small group doing a mini convention there, and with that the level of service we received was lousy at best. We have been coming here for about 12 years now and think it is our last.
The hotel is in desperate need of updating, an example of that is the tattered and torn seats that fill the dining room and lounge... Lack of facilities for guests that stay in Jasper lodge with regard to pool access.
Filthy womens washroom across from the restaurant.
Short staffed restaurant,( there was only one waitress for the entire evening crowd )
Not a place to get pampered especially when you factor in how far it is to drive from Calgary and the level of service that they are capable of delivering.
I fear that this resort is being run into the ground on account of management afraid to spend a little money in upkeep.....
I don't mind spending a wad of cash, money isn't an issue for me, but I do like to see a certain level of service for my money.
The staff that is there is pleasant but the facilities are becoming second rate......

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I am a head coach of a boys hockey team ages 15-18. We chose this hotel as it was a short distance from the rink for our tournament as well as we thought it would offer many options to do things together as a team.
Upon arriving to our 3 bed room, it was littlerally the size of a regular room with a queen bed and 2 single beds crammed into it. Our kitchenette was basic with a small fridge that looked to be 20 years old and it also kept us up at night everytime it turned on.
Our maid only maid the beds, and gave us new towels... she did not clean anything else.

The games room was nothing more than a broken air hockey table and foosball table.

Probably the worst thing and most suprising thing of the whole experience was when we were kicked out of the on location restaurant.... for litterally no reason. I'm sure most people reading this would think it had something to do with alcohol or something but this is exactly how it happened.

After one of our hockey games, a few of the families decided that they would go back to the hotel and get lunch together. When my assistant and I went back to get changed, we then headed to the restaurant. Upon entering the restaurant... litterally steping inside, one of the waitresses yelled "you two have to leave!". We asked why and they responded with "we're behind and we can't serve anyone new right now". We saw that over half of the restaurant was empty and it was mostly occupied by about 12 people from our team.
We asked if we could just grab a drink or bottle of beer. "We don't even have glasses to serve you with. You have to leave now." they said. And so we did.
We then went to reception to ask if there was an establishment anywhere in the area. They mentioned that there was a restaurant at the bottom of the hill. When we explained that we may have a drink and therefore did not want to drive, they asked us why we didn't just head to the hotel restaurant. When we mentioned that we were kicked out as they couldn't serve us for whatever reason that they were behind, they replied with "oh, sorry, I guess you're outta luck".
Now I'm not entrepenur, but I believe that you should never refuse a paying customer.

Anyways, the hot springs were nice and that's pretty much all this hotel relies on to attract business... business that they well never get from me again...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
FHSR, Director of Sales at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to tell to post your review. Each season we host thousands of guests who stay with us whilst participating in hockey tournaments at Canal Flats and Invermere, and we've enjoyed positive feedback from them. Naturally, we are really disappointed to learn of your experience and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to talk with you further. Please call 1.800.663.4979 and ask for Marke Dickson. I sincerely hope we chat soon.
Best regards,
Marke - Fairmont Hot Springs Resort.
Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I have been to this resort twice now - both times in November for a wine festival that is hosted there. My first experience was better as my room was in the main lodge. The second stay had us in a separate building that is older, but both times the rooms were very clean. The hot springs pools are fantastic and we ended up in them twice a day. The resort has a lounge and a dining room with a fantastic Sunday Brunch. Seasonally there is an outdoor cafe near the pools. Great walks around the property too. A very scenic part of the province.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Overall we were very disappointed. The room itself was average. Nothing special in anyway. It was actually very out dated. For a hotel with pools it is important to have proper ventalation in the rooms. With our swim suits hanging in the bathroom and no bathroom fan the room was very humid. It only had an extremly small coffee maker in the room made enough for one person. There was only one package of coffee so we could only make the one pot. To purchase a coffee from the resort costed $3.75 for a small cup. A bowl of ceral from the resturant was $7.
We went to the little pub for supper where we could order off either the pub or the resturant menu. The food was some of the worse we have ever had. The cost was through the roof. The chicken/shrimp/sausage quasdilla was unbelievable. for $13 dollars it had one shrimp cut up on it, and about 1 inch piece of sausage, i did not find any chicken on it, there was a pinch of cheese. i might as well of ordered a dry tortilla shell. The chicken panini was served on a dry sub bun and had NO flavor at all. I dont know why it was called a panini?
I was unable to get any sort of a wi-fi signal.
The little store/liquor store/post office in the town was VERY expensive too,My advice would be to Pick up snacks, food , drinks BEFORE heading to Fairmont.
The one positive this place has going for them is the pools. Very relaxing and enjoyable. They also provided lots of towls and 2 house coats in the room.
Free coffee and muffins ect. would have been a nice touch in the mornings. Instead you pay a fortune for something that most other hotels inclued!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Polson, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Okay, first we arrive and we are expecting a nice newly remodeled room with a flat screen like the website showed but guess what, NOT! After getting over that then come to find out that the phone didn't work and that the internet was so slow you could hardly do any work what-so-ever. I go to school online and it was a must to have internet. The front desk clerk told us well you can come into the lobby. I have a nine month old so this wouldn't work to well. Then we turn on the t.v. and we get about 6 or 7 channels and there is movies that you can order for, oh, $16 a piece. After all this the room keys would constantly not work and of course the front desk clerk blamed us for putting the keys next to the cell phones. Well, come on who doesn't have a cell phone these days. Anyway, one other thing is I am unfortunately a smoker and there is no smoking unless you are thirty feet from the building. I can understand that this is a family establishment but when you are on the third floor and you have a baby it would be nice just to go out on the balcony and have a smoke. Well, nope you have to go down to the TWO smoking areas for this big building. Another thing is the ice machine didn't work on our floor so we had to go to the next floor. Again, inconvenient. Nothing is affordable!!! $1.25 for a candy bar. The room service is over priced and arrived cold! The pools had so much chlorine in them that my face will be chapped for a week. Take my advice, go to a hilton and you will be way better off. The room and services are definitely not worth the price. One other thing, we arrive and we have tons of baggage and the front desk clerk didn't even offer help with our bags or a cart to carry our bags. This place is a joke!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
FHSR, Director of Sales at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Thanks for posting your review. I wonder if you refer to Fairmont Hot Springs in Montana, USA, rather than our resort in British Columbia, Canada? The Canadian hot springs (four hours north of Polson) are renowned for their natural warmth and the purity of the water. If it was British Columbia that you visited, please email your contact to info@fhsr.com - we'd appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience. If not, come north this summer, we'd love to see in Canada!

Marke - Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
Delaware, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I was a little unsure about reserving a week at this resort after reading several bad reviews, but we had a great time and loved the resort. The villas are clean and well equipped, and we found the staff to be very helpful. The grounds are beautifully maintained as well.. There are plenty of structured activities for children, teens, and adults provided by the resort staff every day if you desire After hours of hiking I enjoyed the jetted tub in our room. The resort is also less then a 2hr drive from Lake Louise where we also enjoyed a hike.

The complaints I have read about the resort being in the middle of nowhere are true, but isn't this place an outdoor lovers paradise? We went there to hike and bike and use the natural hot spring pools. Golf in the summer months and skiing in the winter months is available fir those who enjoy these outdoor sports.There is a natural pool a short distance from the heated pools, or you may take a 20 minute drive to Lussier Hot Springs in Canal Flats and use the natural springs near the river. The small town of Invemere is only a 20 minute drive north, if you choose to venture away from the resort for meals, ice cream or shopping. If you are looking for a city vacation or a lot of nightlife this is not the place for you!

The only complaint I have is that the walls of our Riverside villa were paper thin and you could here people talking next door. The resort enforces peace and quiet after 11pm, but I just took a fan that was in the closet and turned it on low. It provided back ground noise if I wanted to go to bed before 11pm and I had a great night sleep every day. I would definitely go back to this resort if we were in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!