“Great pizza, ribs, and ice cream” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Pizza and Ice Cream Parlour

Fairmont Pizza and Ice Cream Parlour
1 4992 Fairmont Frontage Rd, Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia V0B 1L1, Canada
250-345-6233
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Pizza, Ice Cream
Monteverde, Costa Rica
“Great pizza, ribs, and ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was one of only two restaurants we found open when there in January. Fortunately their pizza was delicious and one could buy it by the piece enabling one to try a number of kinds without having to buy a whole pizza. We bought four different slices to share one evening and all were very good. We also had their ribs which were delicious, and their ice cream was a bonus. They have other foods which we didn't try but the owners peanut brittle is delicious; she had samples at the cash but we were off sweets so didn't buy more and enjoyed the samples. All of the people working there were very nice and told us some things about the different ski hills near by. They have several tables in the store so you can also eat in. We were very grateful that they have remained open during the winter so that we didn't have to cook every evening after skiing.

Visited January 2013

Calgary
“2nd time and even more awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just got back from Fairmont Hot Springs and while there we visited the pizza and ice cream parlor again. Was there in Sept of last year and I gotta tell ya...this place never ceases to amaze. Had the same all meat pizza for the 2nd time and it was as good, if not better, than the 1st time. All ingredients and the crusts are fresh...this as you may know, adds to the flavor.

But...SURPRISE...also tried the Caesar salad and it was to die for. Lots of bacon pieces, a great dressing, croutons and plenty of fresh grated Parmesan on top of the fresh Romaine...sooooo delicious. To top off the salad, we tried the peanut butter/chocolate squares for dessert. If you like Reeses, these are even better!!! Lots of peanut butter with a thick layer of dark chocolate on top...OMG. We ate a dozen of them while in Fairmont for 5 days and "everyone" loved them.

You can eat in, sit outside and enjoy the view while chowin' down or take out. Also, lots of ice cream flavors to choose from and candy for the kiddies.

Sorry, I don't remember the names of the owners but they're a joy to deal with and make your meal of choice their priority. IF they only had a place in Calgary!!! They'd put the competition to shame. Another bonus, the prices are extremely reasonable so you can't lose by trying it. They take pride in their business and it shows...ENJOY PEOPLE...

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ordered a Hawaiian pizza from here. It was fantastic and the owners are super friendly! Would definitely hit them up again.

Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“The MILKSHAKES are the bomb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

On a pretty cold day (-12) we drove through town on our way from Fernie to Banff and we stopped for a quick fuel stop.
Traveling with our 2 year old son we required some free time and a cosy lunch break, whilst stretching the legs.
On arrival we were very kindly treated and welcomed. We then enjoyed some very nice freshly made pizza at reasonable rices for the their relative quality. There was also some good toys and games for our son to play with which does help with sanity on long drives...
However, the reason for this note is to tell visitors to drop in and ensure they order one of the awesome MILKSHAKES, as they were the best I've had in as long as I remember. You won't be disappointed....!
Nice place to break the trip up during the winter on that stretch of road etc.
Cheers...G

“Great Pizza and Lasagna :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We just finished eating dinner (take out) from Fairmont Pizza and Ice Cream...it was fantastic! We spend a week in Fairmont this time every year, and have yet to try this place until tonight. I had originally thought it was more of a candy/ice cream store, and not for 'good quality' pizza...I was so wrong!

We ordered the large special (double pepperoni and pineapple), lasagna, and chicken dippers. The pizza was excellent! Their homemade dough was prefect; not too thin or too thick, and it was generously (and evenly) covered with cheese and toppings. The dough smelled and tasted so fresh! The lasagna was also homemade and excellent. The portion on the lasagna is definitely an individual portion, but the price reflects the size. If it had been $15 for the lasagna I would not order it again, but at $7 I will be adding it to our order next time. The lasagna also came with 1 piece of garlic toast which I also enjoyed. I think next time we'll pass on the chicken dippers...they were just average run of the mill chicken dippers, but I did appreciate that they were baked and not fried. (My 3 year old daughter raved about the chicken!)

The lady we paid for our order was super friendly...I'm assuming she was one of the owners. She seemed genuinely thankful for our business, and made small talk with my two little girls (which they love)

Overall, I'm glad we tried Fairmont Pizza...I know we'll be back again next time we're in town :)

PS- this place would be GREAT for families in the summer looking for ice cream/candy. The ice cram menu was huge and well priced, but being winter, we didn't try any.