“Good deal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riverside

You added Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riverside to your Saves list
Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riverside
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5129 Riverview Gate Road | Highways 93 & 95, Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia V0B 1L0, Canada (Formerly Fairmont Vacation Villas)   |
Fort Lewis, Washington
“Good deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

As I had arrived the front desk staff were very courteous. They gave me everything I needed and loads of information. So far, so good. As I schlepped up to my room ready for rest and relaxation, our neighbor across the way had a alcoholic argument with seemingly himself. Then we heard the rumbling of an overactive child upstairs. My wife called the front desk and asked for a different room. No problem said the staff. They gave us a choice of two rooms. We picked room 2016B. This was a very quiet building, on the top so no noise from above, and had a great view. I was pleased as was my wife with the whole vacation with this resort. Thank you for your help in us getting a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seminole, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a nice view of the mountains and the golf course. Lots of room for spreading out. The villas are very nicely maintained but they are getting old. Our fireplace was not working properly and they came right away when we told them about it but were unable to fix it while we were there. There were tiles in our kitchen floor that were not grouted and every time you walked on them you rocked.
I think it is still a good deal for the price, especially if you like to golf. Lots of activities are provided to the guests, something for everyone to do everyday. Lots of good kid activities as well. The front desk was very helpful in giving us ideas on places to visit.

Room Tip: If you want to have a view make sure you get the A suites. the B suites have no view other than the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed in the newly renovated Riverside Vacation Villas in early April. The renovation was well done and we really enjoyed the new, fresh look. Our two bed, three bath villa was extremely spacious and well laid out for privacy. Family and friends who came to visit were very impressed. Service was wonderful. I was booked in an upstairs unit but when the registration staff saw that I had my 88 year old Mom with me they went out of their way to find us a bottom floor unit.

I found the gym great and used it every morning. The pool was also quiet in the mornings so was able to do laps there in privacy.

Also the resort sponsored activities each day and I found the hikes very good. Pauline was a wonderful, friendly and informative guide.

The only reason I did not give a five star rating was that the sound proofing between the bottom floor and the one above is almost non-existant so you can hear EVERYTHING. Luckily no one was up there most of the time.

Good job Sunchasers!

Room Tip: Get a renovated unit and top floor unit.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My daughter & I spent a week in a one bedroom suite at Sunchases Villas. The king size bed was nice. The unit was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The small store in the clubhouse was convenient for a few things we forgot.

The Fairmont Hot Springs were fabulous across the road. We had dinner at the restaurant at the golf course and it was a pleasant place to eat. Lots to do in the area but also lots of time to relax.

A perfect getaway! We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a great place to stay for families!

We booked two side by side suites in the 8000 building across the river, backing onto the golf course. At first I was disappointed not to be closer to the clubhouse but this location was very quiet and the view was magnificent. Each one bedroom king suite was very large and more than enough space for 2 adults and two small children (each suite also had a pull out couch). The kitchen was very well appointed, providing filters for coffee maker, dish soap, dishwasher tabs, paper towels, and even salt and pepper. I recommend bringing your own cooking oil as the pots/pans are not "non stick".

The two suites also shared a washer and dryer - laundry soap was provided. I found the suites to be quite modern with granite and stainless steel appliances. Gas fireplace and deep jetted tubs were fantastic. The carpets were looking worn but everything else was in great condition.

The clubhouse was great: small indoor pool with shallow toddler area, indoor hot tub, outdoor hot tub. There is an outdoor pool open in the summer. Two small playgrounds are onsite and four tennis courts (they provide tennis rackets but you have to buy your own tennis balls - I managed to convince them to lend me one). There is also a games room with free shuffleboard, fooze ball and pool table for $1-2, books, puzzles and board games to sign out. The resort also has a selection of movies to rent for $5.

The resort also offers daily activities for all ages such as crafts, nature walks, and rock climbing. The best deal in town was $5 per person for 3 hours of rockclimbing located in an Invermere elementary school gym - offered 3 nights per week from 5-8pm. This floor to ceiling climbing wall was very impressive, build by a retired teacher and avid rock climber. My kids got to learn how to rock climb - instruction and equipment included. If your kids are tired of climbing, they can play floor hockey or basketball, or swing from their harnesses on a giant rope!

The resort staff were all very friendly - especially Damien from France at the front desk. He was super helpful and recommended places to eat and things to do in the area.

Fairmont ski hill is a 5 min drive - excellent learning hill. Free entry to Hot Springs with your lift ticket. Panorama is a 30-40 min drive - great hill for intermediate/advanced (not many green runs). Buy your Panorama passes at Costco - $99 for 2 days (which includes another free lift ticket and 50% off lessons - certain dates apply). Kids 5 and under are free at both hills.

I found a beautiful scenic running trail by pure luck right out the front door of our building - email me if you want details.

We will be back next Spring break as this is a wonderful place to ski and play tennis in the same day!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room. Ground floor units in 8000 building are nice as they have grassy...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had two side by side suites at a very convenient location right between the club house and the golf course which was still closed but looked beautiful. We used the pool, hot tubs, tennis courts, trails, golf course pathways, and of course the hot springs. We hope to be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Located just across the road from the Fairmont Hotsprings, this beautiful development looks out onto a lake and a golf course! We had two units - A & B, so had lots of space. The units are very clean and well maintained & staff were very pleasant & professional!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Riverside? Share your experiences!