Problems we experienced with a suite with spa bath were:-
1. Room wasn't ready at 2pm - we were given the keys, (no mention of it not being ready) and drove to our unit only to be told by the housekeeping staff that they hadn't started on cleaning the unit.
2. There was a terrible odour of sewage (or similar) from the basin. We had to fill the basin to stop this permeating the room. You certainly couldn't use the basin - unless you had no sense of smell.
3. Tried the spa bath - couldn't get this to fill - plug was useless and the pump wouldn't start - we were later told we hadn't switched it on, but the location of the switch 'on the wall' certainly wasn't obvious.
When we checked out the odour problem was noted,( will ring the plumber), but no apology or reduction in price offered. Rang the manager the next day - wasn't the slightest bit interested in the problems we had experienced.
Overall an appalling experience - this would have been bad value if it was free. Management not in the least bit concerned - maybe they deal with these sort of problems everyday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top quality beachside accommodation for corporate and leisure travellers. 39 superbly appointed suites and motel units with kitchen facilities nestled amongst sub tropical gardens. Wireless internet, BBQ area, guest laundry, swimming pool and spa. Breakfasts available Mon-Fri. Takapuna, on Auckland's North Shore, is only 10 minutes from the CBD via the Harbour Bridge. The beach is recognized as one of Auckland's finest with safe swimming, sail boat hire and miles of glorious sand for walking or jogging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Emerald Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Hotel Takapuna
- Emerald Hotel Auckland
- Emerald Inn Takapuna, Auckland, North Island