“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woodlands Inn & Suites

You added Woodlands Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Woodlands Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3995-50th Avenue South, Fort Nelson, British Columbia V0C1R0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Fort Nelson
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Restaurant is very good, wasn't open for lunch though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
woodlandsinnsuites, Manager at Woodlands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Thank you for you compliments about One Restaurant which is currently open daily for breakfast and dinner. The Woodlands Inn & Suites also offers a variety of snacks, sandwiches and confectionary items in the lobby convenience shop open 24 hours per day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

The personnel are very friendly, helpful and professional. My stays at the Woodlands have been like never leaving home. I would reccomend my friends and business associates to stay at the Woodlands for business or pleasure.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I stay at the Woodlands every business trip, and am always greeted by friendly, professional and helpful staff. Rooms are always clean, beds and linens are extremely comfortable and staff go out of their way to ensure I have a terrific stay. The fitness centre also has decent equipment, and is always clean. The Woodlands has become my home away from home, and I wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

This hotel is a gem in Fort Nelson! It is not only pleasing to the eye but the staff are friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are modern, clean, and very comfortable. and you don't have to leave the hotel to enjoy a great meal or to unwind in the lounge. David, Michelle and all the employees make the stay an enjoyable one. I spend alot ot time in Fort Nelson and this is the only place I stay. Would recommend this hotel without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Fort St. John (Northern BC)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

The entry to the hotel was beautiful and I was looking forward to my stay and seeing the rooms, however when I entered the room I found subway wappers and bags on the floor. Ok not a great start but managable. Then I wanted to take a shower. But the shower was broken and I also dicovered the bathroom fan was broken, ugh. To top the night off our heater was broke and stuck on high the whole night leaving me a hot sweaty mess for my next day's presentation. I asked to have a new room to shower in but was denied. They wouldn't even give me a discount for all my grief. I was promised the hotel manager would call me about the situation but I never heard from them. I was polite the whole time and very accomodating, perhaps I should have raised more of a fuse and some noise, who knows. But I will never stay here again.

PS, The food at their reastraunt is not that great either.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Really liked this hotel. Hotels in this town are WAY overpriced. $120.00 per night average in the summer, but at 1am you've got to stay somewhere. We had driven about 1000 miles and were really tired so it didn't take much to impress us.
The rooms were large and comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. They don't offer a free breakfast, but should.
I'd consider staying here on my next Alaska trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed here on our Harley ride to Alaska. We were greeted by a very friendly lady - who we thought worked for the hotel...later we found out she was overseeing the construction of the expansion...but without her - our stay would have been short-lived.

Our room was not set up for the right number of guests (short on towels). Ice machines only on the business-guest floor and the smoking floor...and guess which one wasn't working - yep the one on the business floor. It would have been nice to know that instead of discovering it. WIFI didn't work. Elevator only worked part of the time.

We decided we would move to a different hotel...and since we couldn't use our laptops in our room to check out other hotels in Ft. Nelson...we went to use the ones in the lobby. As we are checking on these - the friendly lady who had greeted us (again - she was there supervising the expansion) walked by and asked how we were doing. So - we let her know of the troubles and that we were checking on other places to stay. She talked to the on-site manager and things took a turn for the better. The staff at the front desk apologizes, towels are provided, a sign goes on broken ice machine, we get an explanation of the WIFI problem (down because of lightning) and they meet the rate that we were going to get if we moved hotels.

Next morning - we attempted to get some of the muffins that are supposed to be available from 5:00 to 7:00 a.m. - none were available...when I asked the front desk - she said the tour group must have taken all of them. When I asked if they would be getting more - the answer was "no". Amazingly - our "friendly lady" saw us as we were packing up and asked if things had gone better - we said "yes - but wish we could have had a muffin this a.m."....magically - she produced four of them (they were right under the counter...not certain why the front desk lady couldn't have done that!!!)

We had reserved rooms here for our return trip and since they had re-negotiated the rate - we did stay again. Things were better - but it shouldn't be this hard to stay at a hotel.

I would stay here again...but would TALK to them when I make the reservation or send an e-mail to confirm that the room will be set up correctly and that everything is in working order.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Woodlands Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!