“BEAUTIFUL” 5 of 5 stars

Guelph, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“BEAUTIFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Lake Muskoka is beautiful. If you like to fish, you can catch bass (large and small
mouth) pickerel, perch, rock bass, trout, etc depending on where you are fishing. There are lots of beaches and also boardwalks to walk on. Gravenhurst is a good place to enjoy this scenic lake

Toronto, Canada
“Very scenic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Very wonderful setting by the Wharf can't wait to come back

Visited February 2012
Toronto
12 attraction reviews
“Sunsets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have a cottage on a smaller lake just 5km from Gravenhurst. I am in or around town frequently. This is a beautiful area. They town itself needs a little rejuvenation, but the people are friendly. It is facing the challenge many small towns and even suburbs are. That is big new stores built on the edge of town pulling business off main street, and a very nice development at the Muskoka Wharf doing the same. I have to admit the bigger stores and their longer hours are a huge convenience for me. This beautiful little town just needs to figure out how to reinvent itself and capitalize on its terrific location.

Muskoka Wharf is a beautiful spot with nice locations to eat most providing amazing views of Muskoka Bay. A tour on the steamships is a great way to get a look at this huge lake. I sometimes think we bought a view of sunsets and my cottage came along as a nice extra. My wife and I love sunsets and on our little lake they are stunning in the summer. Late Augest my wife and I were heading back to the city on a Sunday night (our usual drive home). As we passed the Wharf I had to pull in and stop. The sunset was breathtaking. I guess we technically missed the sun going down, but the twilight created a range of pinks that night that was amazing. The photos I have attached did not have any filtering, colour adjustment or other doctoring. You see what I saw that night.

Even though we had a 170km drive ahead to get home and ready for work on Monday we just had to stop, get out of the car and take in the natural, magically beauty of the end of the day in Muskoka. I am lucky enough to have experienced some beautiful sunsets in the Rockies, Maui, and Key West. They are all beautiful, but there is something sublime about a Muskoka sunset.

TJV

Visited August 2011
Ayr, Canada
31 attraction reviews
“Beautiful view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We watched the sun set on Lake Muskoka. With the fall colours what a beautiful place!

Visited October 2011
Denver, Colorado
37 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, serene... Muskoka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

What a beautiful place, with its lakes, friendly people and awesome scenery. Wish we had come earlier to swim in these crystal clear lakes, and avoided some of the rain. Very friendly people. Try the bakery in Huntsville ... Schatt or something, on the upper end of town for the freshest and delictable sandwiches, and cakes etc ... TIP, come hungry (closed on Sundays)

Visited October 2011