“DELUXE? - I think not.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Gravenhurst B&B and Inns
Toronto
“DELUXE? - I think not.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This B&B is WAY overpriced and not worth the money. DELUXE? - I think not. For starters, the hostess told me that I had to pay a $5.00 "administration fee" if I wanted to pay with VISA, even though the ad says nothing about it. The "Deluxe" Double Room is in an attic with slanted ceilings, and is cluttered with way too many of the owner's personal items. There is very little space to put your own personal effects. The Deluxe "ensuite" has a tiny sink and a "shower" that is merely a bathtub with a flexible hose attached to the faucet. The curtain for the "shower" comes up only to waist level and you are advised that if you have difficulty with her instructions, you should shower downstairs. The toilet is under the slanted ceiling, so you bang your head as you approach it. The door to the room does not have a lock, and not even a doorknob or latch. You need to put a stump of wood (provided) behind the door, or it will slide open on its own. DELUXE?" - I think not. The "full breakfast" is MUCH less than continental - there was no cereal, no muffins, no croissants, no bagels, no pancakes, no apples, no bananas, no cheese, no eggs, no bacon, no sausage, no home fries, no yogurt.The hostess is vegan. Breakfast consisted of: a small glass bowl of cut up (?) fresh fruit, some parts of which had been frozen (and still were); stale tasting cold toast with jam; orange drink (not juice); flavourless weak coffee; a tiny serving fit for a child of a barely edible vegan concoction with a small amount of canned beans, perhaps three fried slices of mushroom and two tiny items of indeterminate origin. (My wife wouldn't eat this.) Breakfast concluded with a bland tasting, thin slice of "gateau" that you were encouraged to smother with maple syrup. DELUXE? - I think not. I have stayed in numerous B&B's in several countries, and was embarrassed that another couple from China might think this was a typical Canadian B&B breakfast. I would never stay at this B&B again, and cannot recommend it. DELUXE? - I think not.

Room Tip: Don't choose to stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
BRAMPTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked this hotel for one day stay through booking.com. Unfortunately, I did not add details of my 2 children who are below 12 year old. I sent a request through booking.com to request this addition. Unfortunately, the hotel refused this request and asked us to book one more room. Such a greedy creation. I never heard in my life about a hotel asking to book another room for small children. If this is their attitude, imagine if we go and stayed in this dirty place. This hotel should be removed from all booking sites. Luckily we got another good hotel in same area with a good price.

Room Tip: Never go to this place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Eden Place Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!