“Wonderful Muskoka Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days at the Lake B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gravenhurst
Days at the Lake B & B
Save Saved
You added Days at the Lake B & B to your Saves list
1401 169 Hwy | Gravenhurst, Ont P1P1R2, Gravenhurst, Ontario P1P 1R2, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Gravenhurst B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Muskoka Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a great family stay here that gave us a small taste of the Muskoka cottage experience. The property was amazing with beautiful gardens and beach area. You can tell the hosts take pride in their property by the way it's maintained.
Breakfast was a work of art complete with edible flowers.
Our rooms were very comfy and all the details were taken care of for a peaceful nights sleep.
Despite less than stellar weather, we did make use of the kayak & canoe. I recommend getting out on the water around the lake.
The only thing that could have made our stay better, would be to stay longer!

Room Tip: We chose the 2 rooms that shared a bathroom & that was ideal for our family of 4.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hot Springs, Ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I am rating 5 stars only because I do not have the option to rate it 10 stars. There is no better place than Days at the Lake. Our weekend at Days at the lake was far beyond perfection. What better way to relieve the stress of the work week than to spend it in the warm hot tub with the most amazing views in all of Muskoka. Days at the Lake was built straight from the hearts of the most gracious owners, Wendy and Stephen. This was our 2nd trip to Days at the Lake and rest assured, there will be many more weekends spent there. Thank you Wendy for making us feel so special.

Stayed August 2014
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We chose Days at the Lake B&B because of the excellent reviews posted on Trip Advisor, and I can certainly see what everyone is raving about. The location is stunning, right on the water with a private beach, dock, floating dock... not to mention free use of kayaks, canoes and a paddle boat. It really cannot be beat for this alone, you are getting a place to stay, breakfast and tons of activities. Wendy and Stephen were gracious hosts, making you feel at home the second you got there. Breakfast was absolutely delicious, beautifully plated, expertly cooked, best french toast we have ever had. Wendy and Stephen also hosted nightly activities that the guests had the option of attending, the camp fire was very fun! The guest rooms are all placed off of the kitchen so you can hear the activity in the common areas when you are in your rooms. However, this was good for us as it got us out of bed in the morning and ready for the day.
thank you to Wendy and Stephen, you made our honeymoon romantic and memorable. If we don't get a chance to return before you move good luck in BC!

Room Tip: we definitely wanted an en suite bathroom for the privacy so consider this when booking!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paderborn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I also want to share my experiences at "Days at the Lake B & B".
I spent my birthday at this wonderful place. I went on great excursions and Wendy made my birthday very special.
I don´t want to repeat the previous authors and that is why I want to make it short. IT WAS PERFECT spending our few days there.
Thank you Wendy.

Britta (Paderborn, Germany)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
169WendyE, Owner at Days at the Lake B & B, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are both blessed to have you come to our special place and so very happy you loved your stay with us. Hope to see you again back to our No Stress Zone again soon Wendy & Stephen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We've seen all the pixs and kept in touch with owner. The owner have big heart to welcome all visitors from around world. The best part going out for boat ride and bon fire in the evening.
Gord & Susan DaDalt

• Stayed July 2014
Hi and many thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us such a wonderful review! We are so blessed to have wonderful Guests like you both, to come to our Special Place, hope to see you again soon :) Wendy & Stephen
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I read about this B&B on Trip Advisor and the comments were so good that my husband and I had to stay here when we had a weekend off from work. The reviews were right. Everything about this place was perfect. The gardens were so beautiful and fragrant. It was so nice to watch the birds from the windows while eating breakfast. We saw goldfinches, humming birds, hairy woodpeckers, red breasted nuthatches, chickadees, sparrows and lots of chipmunks sneaking the seeds. Wendy is a nature lover and told us all about the birds and funny stories about the chipmunks. The weather co-operated with us and we had a hot and perfect Saturday. We spent the morning after breakfast down by the lake. The water was clear and warm and we noticed minnows in the shallow water swimming amongst the water lilies. We brought along a picnic lunch with us and Wendy helped us set up a table and chairs on the patio. After lunch we sat in the hot tub and then Wendy made us pina coladas to sip on. After our dinner out and watching T.V. we slept peacefully in our room on the comfy bed and didn't wake up till the next morning for breakfast. Wendy is a marvellous cook and treated us to 2 lovely breakfasts, one day egg wrapped in ham and the 2nd day caramelized french toast along with fruits and edible flowers. She was readily replenishing our coffees and teas.
As an added treat she brought us her 2 sweet kitties to play with since I told her I was a cat lover. The cats are not allowed to be with the guests and stay in her room on the other side of the residence but she made an exception for me and my husband.
Wendy is the perfect host and let us use her fridge to store our lunch, champagne and cold soft drinks. We were free to sip water and crushed ice from her fridge and use her glasses.
Too bad she and Steve have decided to sell and relocate in B.C. but she has extended an invitation to stay with them when they get set up in the Okanagan Valley.
If you are looking for an exceptional B&B with friendly hosts Days at the Lake is the spot for you!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are tastefully decorated and the beds are very comfortable. We stayed in Suite Dreams...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi thanks so much for letting us know you were Stress Free when you were staying here with us. We loved having you come stay here at our special place and feel free to call or email me anytime you need once again to de stress. Your review means so much to me. Kindly Wendy & Stephen
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Beautiful and Amazing!!! Two words that would have to describe my experience at Days at the Lake B&B. I had broken down outside of Bracebridge headed back to North Bay. Wendy took me in last minute and took great care of me and we had great conversations of the many birds found around the house and her amazing cooking and baking!!! The house and atmosphere is homely and no would could regret staying here. Wendy is an angel with a heart of gold and Steve has made one of the most amazing homes I ever seen with help from Wendy of course!! My breakfast in the morning consisted of baked french toast with brown sugar and cinammon melting on, sliced yams and potatoes fried with great smelling herbs and spices and peameal bacon like my mom would make!! Thank you so much for welcoming me into your home Wendy and Steve. God Bless :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful just watch Wendy's virtual tour
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful Review for us here at Days at the Lake B & B! We were so happy to have meet you and glad you enjoyed yourselves so much. We looked most forward in seeing you again. Kindly Wendy & Stephen

Been to Days at the Lake B & B? Share your experiences!