“Breathtaking Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn By Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf

You added Residence Inn By Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf to your Saves list
Residence Inn By Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   285 Steamship Bay Road, Gravenhurst, Ontario P1P 1Z9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Gravenhurst
Varadero, Cuba
“Breathtaking Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was my first time staying in Gravenhurst, so I decided to book the Marriott. I only booked for one night, excellent price. When we arrived, I went up to the room and WOW, more then what I expected. Full kitchen, beautiful bathroom and clean living area with a breathtaking view of the lake, from the balcony. This hotel offered a continental breakfast buffet. What a buffet, everything you would want for breakfast, they had a hot table, all sorts of bread, bagel to toast, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, 24 hr coffee or tea and juice. I was impressed. The staff at the front counter, always greeted you with a smile weather you were going out or coming into the hotel. All the staff at the Marriott, never pasted you by without giving you a smile or saying hello. Wonderful, wonderful place. Well kept and spotless. Because of this, we decided to stay a second night. There are so many trails you can walk, that are close the the hotel, excellent restaurants close by or you can even drive to Bracebridge which is only 7 minutes from Gravenhurst. I recommend this hotel to families who want to get away, and because of the full kitchen, you can even enjoy dinner in a night or two.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Richmond Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Me and my gf stayed here for one night during thanksgiving weekend. The hotel is excellent. It's pretty new and the staff treated us very nice as well. There's a swimming pool and a hot tub area indoor. The breakfast included was amazing you wouldn't want to miss. Overall I would recommend to everyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Like all the other reviews, this place is really good. Amazing location, right at the lake, very beautiful too look at when you park your car (we didn't get the lakeview room). The rooms are spectacularly well designed. I loved it! I loved the kitchen and how many thoughtful items it comes with (all the sets of utensils you will need, two nice useful pots, plates and even a measuring cup!) We made our own dinner so all of these were useful, we didn't need to use our paper plates we brought!

We stayed at the king studio with 4 people, 2 of us slept on the sofa bed. The mattress of the king bed was average not too bad but nothing super. The sofa bed mattress was very flimsy however you cannot expect too much, we were able to fall asleep but not too comfortable. The breakfast wasn't too bad either. Had everything you expect from free continental buffet. However everything that was cooked does not taste good two out of the four had stomach aches after.

Now I must write the biggest problem, the one big BUT. Which is the walls. One other review here says the walls are very good, which could be true as I cannot hear anything in the hall way. However, when we were sleeping all we could here is the the water usage from upstairs (we were first floor). This annoyed me to no end. I do not want to hear everytime someone upstairs uses a bathroom. Expect this from a motel not a 230 bucks per night studio room which the developers hope that you will one day purchase as a cottage!

Overall everything was great would be 5/5 but the thin walls just killed it for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Residence Inn is walking distance to all of the restaurants and shops on Muskoka Wharf as well as to the boats that offer tours on the Lake.

We had booked a studio lakeview but were upgraded to a I bdrm. It was very nice to have the extra room but we wondered if our view might have been better from one of the studio suites. I would have called our location - Partial view". However the suite was very comfortable and nicely decorated. I also appreciated and used the very clean laundry room.
This is quite a new property - about I year old I believe- and is generally well kept. \However, the elevators need more thorough and regular cleaning and we noticed quite a bit of dirt around the carpeting in front of the elevators. This really needs attention if the property is to continue to look fresh and clean.
As others have mentioned, the price is quite high. In fact we paid a few dollars more here than we did for a full service Marriott in Toronto later that same week.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed 2 nights on a business trip with my husband. We had a studio room which was beyond spacious for the 2 of us. It was immaculate. The showerhead provided the most relaxing shower either of us had experienced in any hotel. The walls were soundproof. The breakfast area was well appointed and served fresh items. We would definately go back and will look for Residence Inn brand when we travel in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay. All you could ask for in a hotel...except maybe a lower price. TV could have had better reception. Overall very comfortable and clean. Impressed. Actually made me want to become a Marriott awards member, lol. I really liked the full fridge and kitchen.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
shan_wickremasinghe, General Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your visit to the Residence Inn by Marriott Muskoka Wharf.

Best regards,
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed at this property on more than one occasion, and shame on me for taking so long to write a review. Each time I have visited this property, the room has been beatiful, clean, and the staff are great! Be sure to take a walk while you are here, the view is stunning!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn By Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf? Share your experiences!