“Great Food, good family atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 37 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Vancouver Island
“Great Food, good family atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Wigwam serves, Vietnamese, Chinese and N. American food and on the weekends Thur, through Sunday they serve a lovely buffet. We find that their Wonton Soup is the best, most flavorful we have ever eaten. The very best is the Wonton with Noodles and vegetables. Yum.
The buffet can be hit or miss, but we've found the food fresh, and hot and always being refreshed. I guess it depends on volume as to how many people in the restaurant. This is a great place for families as you can order off the menu or you can choose the buffet.They also have great lunch specials and of course take out. We live in Ladysmith and don't eat here as often as we should.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancover Island
“Spotless”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This place was sooooo clean...we decided to try the buffet. Although not an overly large selection, the quality of the food was very good. Being a buffet ( and not busy), the food was not as fresh & hot as i would have liked. I will be back, but next time we'll use the menu. The buffet is $13.99. I'm sure we could do better off the menu for that price.

Visited August 2013
Nanaimo BC
“little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant while visiting Ladysmith for the annual Christmas light-up. When we arrived there were families already seated, waiting for the buffet to put out. The hostess was very welcoming and we decided to try the buffet. The freshness and quality of the food was superb and my daughter and granddaughter and I enjoyed every bite, raving about everything. We liked it so much we stayed too long and missed the ferry we were heading for! But it was worth it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Good Pho”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find this little place. We have tons of Vietnamese restaurants back home in DC. The food here was good basic Vietnamese. I had the Pho Ga - basically chicken soup with rice noodles. It was tasty and with the addition of some chili sauce very satisfying. My husband had the chicken/fried rice special. He said it was nothing special, but was good basic Chinese food.

Ladysmith, Canada
“best wonton soup for miles!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm fortunate enough to live just down the street from the best wonton soup in several miles. The servings are large enough for two really, but seeing as you can't stop eating it once you've started, I don't always share. I'm not a great fan of their buffet, but I do go there for wonton soup frequently. The owners are lovely, the lady entertains at times with her singing. I don't think she realizes sometimes we can all hear her. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2012