“So sad to say "Farewell to Nova Scotia"! Make sure you eat here!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Toronto
“So sad to say "Farewell to Nova Scotia"! Make sure you eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My daughter and I made sure to go to Mahone Bay and Lunenburg, before she packed up and left from her first year at Dalhousie. We ate lunch at Magnolia's Grill on April 18 - the first day of their 2013 season!!!!!! We both had butternut squash soup to start and a pear/brie cheese/ham Panini - yummy! This is a charming place - they had undergone recent renovations (front windows, etc) so it's even more charming now!
I have gone to Lunenburg many times before (my husband and I got married here in 1990 - we live in Toronto) but this was my first visit to Magnolia's Grill. (It's very busy in the tourist season!!) Now I know why! I'll be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Annapolis Royal, Canada
“Creole Peanut Soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Seriously flavour full soup and amazing mains. Service was outstanding and the place was packed. Book in early if visiting here in the main tourism season, not a large spot but a must stop!

Visited April 2013
Lunenburg, Canada
“Good casual family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have never been disappointed with Magnolia's. Good hearty food with a good selection of seafood dishes and tasty home made soups.They do not take reservations so expect a line up at the door during the peak tourist season.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“accomodating staff; excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We visited with friends on the weekend of the relauching of the Bluenose II and every place was packed. But the staff went out of their way to squeeze us in without a reservation. The food and service were divine. This is by far not the largest restaurant in Lunenburg, but it's the place we'll always want to go back to.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, NB
“Amazing Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Service was lacking, but the food was to die for. We were seated on the deck (it was a tight fit), which had a beautiful view of the harbor. I ordered the scallops, which had so many scallops I couldn't finish. They were to die for. Other members of our party had the lobster pasta, the fish cakes, the night's special pan seared halibut (best I've ever tasted). The food was outstanding. The waitress was not attentive and very slow, but we could totally ignore this for the awesome food--absolutely the most important. The inside wasn't impressive, I highly recommend having your meal on the deck.

Visited August 2012