“One of the best restaurants in Nova Scotia!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 restaurants in Lunenburg
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Halifax
“One of the best restaurants in Nova Scotia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

One of the best restaurants in Nova Scotia! We sat at a table in the garden that was perfect for a summer evening dinner. Service was textbook, the same that you would find in any 5-star French restaurant, but maybe a little too pretentious for some. The In House Smoked Salmon and Tomato Pil Pil were excellent starters and, though I have been a Maritimer all my life, I have never tasted anything like the Butter Poached Lobster. My wife had the Lunenburg Scallops and savoured every bite. For desert, we enjoyed great coffee and shared a Pistachio Creme Brulee. They even had my favourite Nova Scotia wine, Domaine de Grand Pré Castel. Nearly perfect in every way!

86% Recommend
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
“Fabulous food, mediocre service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

The food is superb. It's of a very high quality. The restaurant also has a nice ambiance. This is one of Lunenburg's nicest restaurants and it was worth the visit despite certain drawbacks of our experience. The service was a bit "off". While some people might like an overly deferential waiter (who nearly genuflects when exiting the room), we found it disconcerting, though he was very nice. Mostly, however, we found the arrangement they have with the B&Bs in town to not really be much of a deal. In our experience, it would have made MUCH more sense to book them separately. In the end we realized the package actually cost more than if we had paid separately for everything. I highly recommend the paella -- nothing like I've had before.