Long time guests will notice vast differences to the no longer family owned resort from the reduction in staffing, the failure to maintain the formerly beautiful gardens, the lack of organization in the dining room (now a restaurant) resulting from ever changing policies ,the dirty public rest rooms (they seem like they're never cleaned), a corporate mentality that pervades the property and the feeling one gets that returning guests just aren't as important as they once were. Having said that, the staff was incredibly friendly and tried very hard to make our vacation a good one (we've been going there every year for 19 years) despite the efforts of corporate managers who have no sense of the feel and atmosphere of a once terrific facility and who have truly mangled what used to be the jewel of the Muskoka resorts. I feel very sorry for Jesse, the on-site manager, who has to deal with what must be tremendous pressure to generate more and more revenue from his bosses who look at this resort as just another part of their portfolio. However, to be totally honest, we still had a good time and we would consider returning. Gary, the new tennis pro is amazing, Duke's, the waterfront bar and restaurant, is a pleasure to visit, the resort remains rustic and somewhat tranquil and the kid's camp, despite the cutbacks, appears to be thriving. Changes can be good if they're handled and communicated properly,and resort policies and procedures are made clear to new and returning guests. I have a feeling that, unless they use what they learned this summer to tweak their product for next summer so guests feel welcome and respected, many of their new guests will be "one and done", never to return and they'll loose a lot of the long time guests who return from year to year. Changes should enhance one's experience about the property. Short sighted ownership may see its ship sailing away on Lake Rosseau, along with most of its guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muskoka's most memorable experience! Clevelands House Resort is the perfect place for your summer getaway with 408-acres of family fun! With 3,000 ft. of prime waterfront, this Muskoka resort has something for every age! Clevelands House Resort has many different types of accommodation from standard rooms, suites and cottages. The cottages offer one to three bedrooms - space enough for the whole family! The onsite nine-hole golf course, 16 tennis courts, sandy beach and picturesque veranda are just a few places to relax. They offer many different dining options from the newly renovated C.J. Minett's Kitchen and Tavern to Duke's Refresher, serving gourmet burgers and shakes! Send the kids to their one-acre Cleve's Kids Club for hours of learning and fun, the largest of its kind. For the grown-ups, the Adult Social Program puts on over 120 events weekly! From bocce ball tournaments, welcome parties and beach volleyball, Clevelands House has every activity covered! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Clevelands House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clevelands House Hotel Minett
- Clevelands Hotel Minett
- Clevelands House Ontario/Minett, Canada