This is the first time that I've been compelled to write a review for a vacation.
My family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children ages 7, 4 and 2) just return from Clevelands House in early July. We live in Toronto and this was our first visit.
Overall, this was an amazing trip and we have already decided to return next year. We went to Delawana last year and feel that Clevelands House was far superior.
1. Great kids' program. Our two older children couldn't wait to go back every day. Programs included daily swimming, crafts and included visits to the beach, "waterpark", and water-skiing. Great counsellors - enthusiastic. We tend to be very careful with these types of programs and we felt very safe with this one.
2. Tennis - 16 tennis courts! I took a lesson with the resort pro that was fun and had a chance to play a few times.
3. 9-hole golf course - nothing fancy and not great for the avid golfer, but was perfect for me to play for 1.5 hours while my kids were in camp
4. Beach area and waterpark were very good.
5. Healthy options for food - very good selection for adults and children
6. Pontoon boat ride - nice to see the multimillion dollar cottages and was a good break for me and my wife while the kids were in camp.
1. Rooms in the North Lodge were dated, but clean. We had 2 adjoining rooms with a poor view. This did little to dampen our experience as we spent little time in them
2. Food service could be a little slow if all families arrived at the same time. However, servers worked hard and were quite courteous. One suggestion would be for less-busy servers to help out more readily when one is overloaded.
3. Waterpark - cost 15$ per person per day - expensive. Would suggest a cheaper children's price or to have the $15 be good for one 24 hour period. For example, if you go at 4pm in the afternoon, this costs $15 and then if yo want to go back at 10am the next morning for 1 hour, you need to re-pay. For a family with 3 children, this can add up.
Overall, this place is not fancy but was a perfect summer vacation for a young family. Created instant memories of a classic Muskoka vacation. We do not own a cottage and at this point, having something like Clevelands House make one seem unnecessary.
The price may seem expensive, but I think we got excellent value for what was provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muskoka's most memorable experience! Clevelands House Resort is the perfect place for your summer getaway with 408-acres of family fun! With 3,000 ft. of prime waterfront, this Muskoka resort has something for every age! Clevelands House Resort has many different types of accommodation from standard rooms, suites and cottages. The cottages offer one to three bedrooms - space enough for the whole family! The onsite nine-hole golf course, 16 tennis courts, sandy beach and picturesque veranda are just a few places to relax. They offer many different dining options from the newly renovated C.J. Minett's Kitchen and Tavern to Duke's Refresher, serving gourmet burgers and shakes! Send the kids to their one-acre Cleve's Kids Club for hours of learning and fun, the largest of its kind. For the grown-ups, the Adult Social Program puts on over 120 events weekly! From bocce ball tournaments, welcome parties and beach volleyball, Clevelands House has every activity covered! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Clevelands House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clevelands House Hotel Minett
- Clevelands Hotel Minett
- Clevelands House Ontario/Minett, Canada