The Rosseau is in a really great location and must be pretty much perfect in the Summer (although the locals all say that *late* Summer is the best time to avoid any annoying midges/bugs etc). In Winter however it hasn't quite sorted itself out. The Spa is lovely, but closes at 5pm so there's no popping in for a Sauna after a day hiking etc. The food is very good but when we were there (midweek and lowest of low season) only half the restaurants were open.
The staff were all very friendly but really had little idea about what to do. So for example, there are really excellent hiking trails nearby (OK, 30km away but that's nearby by Ontario standards) but we really had to prompt them to go and find the excellent hotel trail guides etc. We asked about local restaurants but got pretty vague answers despite there actually being some really nice places like the Crossroads in Rosseau itself (we'll be reviewing that too).
I suspect it's probably much better at weekends and high(er) season but for now they just haven't quite nailed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa welcomes guests to luxurious surroundings overlooking Lake Rosseau. Year-round, experience the beauty and renewal of nature on your terms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rosseau, a Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- The Rosseau, a Jw Marriott Hotel Minett
- Jw Marriott Rosseau
- Jw Marriott Minett
- JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa Ontario/Minett, Canada