“You can do Better in Tremblant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant

You added Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant to your Saves list
Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6385 Montee Ryan, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1S5, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Gatineau, Quebec
“You can do Better in Tremblant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

»We rented a 3 BR suite with 2 other couples in February 2013.
I found the room nicely appointed, but untidy, with stained carpets, an old sock from a prior
guest and a chocolate covered candy on the floor. Some of the light fixtures in the bedrooms didn't work as well.
The entertainment system for music could only play iPods, so no local radio nor CD's.
We were given a token for the bar upon arrival but were never told it was for that, as it resembled a chip from the Casino ( which was closed all 3 days we were there, BTW).
I found overall there was a lack of attention to detail overall here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
chateaubeauvallon, General Manager at Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest, I was very surprised to read your comments. We take great pride in the quality of our suites. I only wished you would have called the front desk to give us a chance to address the housekeeping and maintenance issues for you. Our in room entertainment system looks like a ipod dock but actually allows to play the radio too. I spoke to our front desk manager to ensure that we clearly explain that we give a $5 bar chip to be used at the bar of the hotel. I am sorry that the Tremblant Casino was closed during your stay, their schedule varies according to the season.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.
Sincerely, Françoise Reynier, Genereal Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I just spent a night there and while I am generally quite satisfied, I have to admit that there were some great things about our stay and some aspects where there is room for improvement.
Starting with the positive, the room was very spacious and very comfortable. The hotel in general is in very good condition and the outdoor spa is quite nice and there are 2 pools: one inside and one outside (only opened in the summer). The service at the bar was really good and the shared area (sort of library) is very cosy. Finally, the dinner at the restaurant was very good.
On the less positive, I would note 3 things: first, there is no breakfast served. Secondly, the service at the reception desk was uneven. Finally, the restaurant was very good but very expensive for what was served and the steaks did not live up to the expectation (given the price, again). Don’t get me wrong, the food is very good but at that price, only superb is acceptable.
Overall though, this hotel deserves a solid 4* rating in my view but not a 5*.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our two bedroom suite was great. Nice king size beds. Awesome living space.i just wish they had an oven although the staff cooked our homemade pizza in the resto located downstairs. Hotel is very clean...friendly staff...would go back for sure!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that our restaurant helps you with your pizza! As for the service you received, we strive to offer continuous service and I am very pleased with the level of service you received.
Sincerely, Françoise Reynier – General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed there with some family for a long weekend. We loved the hotel, we enjoyed the premises’ and all it has to offer. Very clean, very friendly and all around a great time. The bedrooms were very large and beds were very comfortable. Although this is not in the village, they offer a free shuttle to and from the village, so you can enjoy as you please but also you don’t have to be around the madness all the time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
chateaubeauvallon, General Manager at Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear guest,thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are are glad you enjoyed the tranquility of the Chateau and the flexbility of our great VIP shuttle service to take you to the resort.

Once again many thanks, we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Francoise Reynier- General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We would not stay here again.

Check in was straight forward and we always found the people at the front desk to be courteous and professional. Surprisingly so, since there was always a lineup of complaining guests at the front desk.

Our 2 bedroom suite was okay. Not cozy and luxurious by any means. A previous guest had scibbled all over the leather couch, and there were obvious signs of wear and tear elsewhere. There was not nearly enough light in our windowless bedroom. The bedoom was so hot we had to have the air conditionner on all night. We were often disturbed by the noise made by people in the next unit, and above us. I don't think they were being unusually noisy, it's just the way noise carries in that building. We probably disturbed them, too.

The fellows who clean the rooms were very noisy, banging and crashing their equipment around and laughing and joking with each other - very early in the morning. They didn't clean our room at all on the first day. We specifically asked them to service it the second day, and they emptied the garbage and made the beds. But they didn't vacuum, didn't replace the towels they took, and didn't wipe down the bathrooms or any other surfaces. But they did carefully leave an envelope asking for a tip.

Our keys often didn't work.

The dishwasher, mini-fridge, microwave, TV and gas fireplace were fine. You can borrow a dvd player from the front desk. Bring your own dvd's.

Every time I tried to use the wifi I received an error that too many people were logged in. Every time.

Room service food on our first night was delicious and on time, but expensive. $190 for 3 adults and a child, without alchohol.

The tiny, tiny lobby bar only opens at 3pm, and the single waitress.bartender is overworked. There is a fireplace room near the bar which could use some serious updating. I tried to get a late lunch there, but it was more like dinner because it took so long to arrive. They have a very limited and expensive menu. Don't ask for a hamburger: you won't get it and they will be offended.

The indoor swimming pool is uselessly tiny, suitable only for about 4 kids to bob up and down. The "gym" only has a couple of pieces of equipment and was always fully in use except late in the evenings.

The restaurant looked nice, but stuffy, and we could never get a reservation.

Being a short drive from the hill makes this a nice, quiet place. The shuttle driver was very nice, but it seems to take so long to board everyone, wait for stragglers, drive, drop off the first group, drive.... we got to the ticket office at the hill an hour after we left our room.

In the evening we drove to the hill or to the village (they are 2 different places) and shopping, parking, ambiance and dining options abound there.

There are so many better places to stay in the Mont Tremblant area.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, we thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are very sensitive to the elements you described. We are extremly surprised with the elements you noted. We have reviewed every single one element with our team, We care tremendously at provding great guest exeperience to every single one of our guests and we are so sorry to read we failed at providing you the perfect stay. Chateau Beauvallon is an award winning hotel with a great reputation and we are deeply sorry you did not get to fuly enjoy our stay with us. We were named one of the top 500 hotel on planet earth by Expedia insider select , the only Tremblant hotel to receive such a prestigious distinction. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon so that we can fully enjoy the Chateau on your next stay. Francoise Reynier - General Manager
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

For my boyfriend's birthday, I decided to surprise him with a fun 4 day ski trip to Tremblant. We had been a couple years before when we first started dating so were familiar with the area. I booked the flights / hotel through Porter Escapes. While going through the options, I called every hotel to check how far they were from the village (where all the action is). The lady from Beauvallon told me that it was a short walk away and that they provided shuttle service to the base of the mountain if we had ski gear. The price was reasonable so I booked it. It quickly went downhill once we actually got to the hotel...

1) Location/Shuttle: Beauvallon is NOT within walking distance to the village. It is a 5-10 minute DRIVE and you have to adhere to a strict shuttle schedule on weekends and/or call the shuttle service (which sometimes took 20-30 minutes to show up) on weekdays to get between the hotel and the village. On Sunday morning, the shuttle was full before the scheduled departure time (9:35am) and we had to wait for the next shuttle 30 minutes later. In rush hour/busy season, they really should have back up or pay for a cab so people don't miss out on 30 minutes of skiing. Also, did I mention there is no shuttle between 12 and 1pm? They need to publish an official schedule in everyone’s room.

2) Check in: They couldn't find my reservation and asked me to call Porter Escapes to verify (who were also not helpful). Turns out it was under my boyfriends name (for some reason). When I tried to explain to them that I really wanted to stay at the village and that I had booked this hotel because, well, someone effectively lied to me about the location, they said it was probably because "the lady was referencing the condos (not a part of the hotel, but also ran by the same people)" or made a mistake. I asked them then to check availability in the condos and they had a 2 bedroom condo available for 2 of the 3 nights. However, they couldn't book it for us because we had booked in a package through Porter Escapes even though I was willing to pay more for the room. This entire check in process took about 2 hours and at the end I was tired of arguing so I just took the room.

3) Room: Room was fine - clean, neat. The shampoo/conditioner/cream was in these weird containers that you have to squeeze really hard. When they're not completely full nothing comes out even if I put my whole body into it. The bedroom didn't have a window - it was just a small room with a king bed and a bathroom attached to it. The shower also doesn't have a lot of pressure. The TVs are really small and they don't have a lot of channels. They do, however, have a kitchenette for those that are interested in cooking.

4) Wifi: It's free but this was a nightmare. 80% of the time I couldn't log on because it had "reached capacity."

5) Ski tickets: We got "free first tracks (ski earlier at 7:45am), night activity (tubing nearby), free skating" since we purchased a 3 day ski pass. The guy at the front desk told me it was "on the hotel" but later I found out it was a Tremblant promotion that everyone would get with the purchase of 2 or more days. Sigh.

6) Breakfast: When we made the booking, they had a breakfast plan but scrapped it by the time we got there. They now only serve juice, coffee, tea, fruits and muffins (quite good actually). The value of the breakfast plan was $32 and Porter Escapes had called me to tell me that I would receive a $32 voucher that I could use at the restaurant for dinner. Since we had a crazy check in, I called the next day and asked the lady at the front desk about it. She said she had never heard of such a thing and that they couldn't give us the credit. I asked to speak to her manager. The manager said they could give me a credit on my bill when I checked out. I said thanks and hung up. We had several reservations already but we didn’t have one the day we were leaving (Monday). When we were coming back to the hotel on Sunday, I stopped by the front desk and asked if they could do a gift certificate or something since we would’ve already checked out by Monday. This lady accused me of lying about the voucher and she said it would not be possible since we would’ve already checked out. She demanded to know the name of the manager I spoke to the night before to “verify my story” and I just got so angry. I asked her to go check with her “higher authorities” because I didn’t ask for a name and it’s not my fault that the staff at the hotel didn’t take good notes in customers’ files. She finally gave me $32 in cash for my trouble. When I got back to my room, I called down and made a reservation at the restaurant (Bon Vivant) for Monday night at 6pm (when they opened). Since our shuttle for the airport left at 6:55pm, my boyfriend and I looked at the menu so we could order quickly and get out in time the next day.

7) Late check out: We got a 1pm check out but kept getting housecleaning knocking on our doors (3 times) from 11am until 12:30pm even though I told them we had a late check out AND the privacy sign was on.

8) Restaurant: Monday at 6pm rolled around and the restaurant wasn’t open for business yet. I asked the bartender and she said the restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays (even though it was a holiday Monday). How come no one told me until then?! We couldn’t leave the hotel (since they are far from everything and shuttles take forever) so I had a salad for dinner.

This was by far the worst vacation I have ever had. The staff at the hotel are rude and completely unhelpful (with the exception of one of our valets and the sweetheart at the bar on the last day). I think I got more stressed vs. relaxed after the weekend. I did, however, speak to someone that was helpful from Porter Escapes the day after I got back and she said she will look into the hotel and hopefully improve the experience for the next set of travelers that come through…

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, we thank you for posting a review on trip advisor. We care tremedously about our guests experience and to we are so sorry your stay with us was not up to your expectation. You have raised several elements in your review. It seems you book on line via Porter Escape but there was confusion with regards to the hotel location. We had your reservation it was under the name of your conjoint. We are located a short 4 minute drive to the resort and we do provide free ski and Vip shuttle service. Upon your arrival, realizing you were not happy with the hotel location our front desk agent offered to transfer you to a condo at the resort but you declined our offer and elected to stay at the hotel. The Wi Fi connection issue has been resolved, although we wish it would have not been a isssue , technical situation do arise and we are so sorry. Our formal dining restaurant is open Wednesday to Sunday and our bar menu is avaialble daily and the bar opens at 3: 00pm.

Once again we are deeply sorry you did not enjoy your Tremblant getaway. We were named one of the top 500 hotel on planet earth by Expedia insider select , the only Tremblant hotel to receive such a prestigious distinction. Reading your review was suprising but we thank you for taking the time to write is as it will help us moving forward Francoise Reynier - General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived to the hotel around 4PM, after day of skiing, tired and sweaty. Had to wait for the room for more than 2 hours because they had guests previous night (!!?). Not a smile, not even 'sorry' from the staff. They could only give 'cheap drink' (their words) at the bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guests, thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are so sorry you had to wait for your suite upon your arrival. Check in is at 4:00 pm and we have a proven track record of making the room available on time every day. Maintenance had to be done to your suite following the previous guest departure, once again we apologize for the delay as this is not acceptable. We were happy to offer complimentary drinks at the bar while your suite was getting ready. As you noticed we offer $5.00 poker chips for drink at the bar so given the french accent of our agent you heard cheap drink but in fact the agent meant Chip drink in refenrence to poker chips given to you for the bar. We have met with our housekeeping team to ensure none of our guests have to wait for their suite beyond 4: 00 pm. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon so that you can enjoy a perfect stay with us. Francoise Reynier- General Manager.

Been to Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant? Share your experiences!