“Beautiful grounds, no central A/C, poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant

You added Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant to your Saves list
Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6385 Montee Ryan, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1S5, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa
“Beautiful grounds, no central A/C, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our first trip to Mont Tremblant, and thus our first stay at the hotel. We had the two bedroom suite (room 202). The hotel is great, the grounds are beautiful, and the room was very spacious and well-appointed (other than the tiny first generation LCD TVs...). Wi-Fi worked well. Great view of the lake and pool, the pool was great, as was the hot tub. Good location. Those are the pros.

It was hot when we arrived (35+ with the humidity), so upon arriving in the room the first thing we wanted to do was cool off. Only problem was the A/C remote was nowhere to be found. We called the front desk, they assured us we had a remote in the room. After tearing the room apart we finally found it tucked behind the cushion of the arm chair - so obvious... So we set it to max and started to cool off. Next issue - the A/C is located in the main living area, which is fine during the day, but we discovered that we had to leave both bedroom doors open all night and set the A/C on max if we wanted to remain even marginally cool. Given that we paid extra to have a 2 bedroom suite so that we could stay up after putting our toddler to bed this was clearly not ideal. Not the kind of issue I anticipated in this day and age in a part of the country that clearly has heat/humidity issues in the summer. Obviously, they need to either install central A/C or put individual units in the bedrooms. The hallways outside the room were like a sauna.

Despite the A/C issue, the room was pretty good, very spacious and well-appointed. We did appear to be missing our smoke detector, but I guess I can let that slide. The biggest issue apart from the A/C was the overall level of service and communication. There is no information in the room about the hotel itself. No room service menu, hours of the restaurant, facilities information, local information, etc., etc., all the standard stuff you normally get in a hotel room. So, we relied on their website, which proved to be a mistake. The website says a la carte and buffet breakfast is available - not true. We went down on the first morning, then some young guy wanders up to our table and stands there. We were like "yes, who are you and what do you want?". He was not wearing anything that remotely resembled a uniform or appropriate clothing for a server, he seriously looked like some teenager walked in off the street. After figuring out he worked there, we asked for a menu and were told it was buffet only that day. Turns out this was the case every day. They were so disorganized they neglected to ask for our room number or give us a bill, so we ended up not paying for what was a very poor breakfast, so that was the best part of the whole thing :)

Given the breakfast issues we chose to eat in town the rest of the time (at Le Coq Chantant, which was excellent) until our last morning. That day I refused to pay the $16 for a buffet I didn't want (sloppy rubbery eggs anyone?), so they reluctantly cooked me some over easy eggs and charged me $12 for a standard breakfast, as advertised on the website (though I think that actually says $10, but whatever...). So I guess if you make a fuss they will prepare a "normal" breakfast for you, but they try to force the buffet on you, which was fairly gross and over-priced at $16, especially given that our son just had cereal and juice.

As for dinner, we planned on eating there one night only to go down and after finally locating a staff member to help us we were told the restaurant was not open that night - thanks for posting a sign or something to let us know earlier! There is a chalkboard right there where they could post this information, but they choose not to. The one night it was randomly open we realized the menu did not match the online menu, which we later learned was the bar menu. Eventually we were allowed to order from the bar menu, but it was a hassle. The food was OK and the service was very slow despite us being the only people there the entire time.

The next night I wanted room service, and was told I could not get it as the restaurant was closed that night, again, totally randomly. That afternoon (4:00) I also went in to get a drink from the bar, but was told that was also randomly closed. No signs, no standard hours, nothing. The whole food/drink thing is just totally haphazard at this place.

On multiple occasions there were not clean towels available at the pool which was also a pain.

I would consider staying there again at a cooler time of year given that we really did like the hotel grounds, facilities, and location, but if we go again we will plan on eating out the entire time to avoid the bulk of the issues we experienced. The staff were just so-so, not particularly friendly, but not outright rude.

Room Tip: We requested, and received, a lake view (room 202). This room was at the very end of the floor and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
chateaubeauvallon, General Manager at Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear guest, Thank you for posting such a detailed review. I have shared your comments with my staff. The AC system does work properly and is adequate for our normal weather conditions. You did stay at a very hot and humid time which is actually very unusual. I have noted your comment about the Information Book in each room and we are reviewing its content to include more information. For the breakfast, we have improved the food quality and choice so that the buffet is more attractive and we now have special price for families with children. We look forward to welcoming you again soon, Francoise Reynier - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Chateau Beauvallon is a luxury hotel near village Mont-Tremblant. Although not located in the heart of the village, the hotel is minutes away by car and by bike. Rooms are very spacious and totally sealed from outside (you won´t hear a noise). Bathrooms are clean. Staff are friendly. It has a good restaurant and a bar. Breakfast is payed, so I would recommend going to the village instead.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I am pleased to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Many clients think that we offer very nice suite in an enchanting and quiet environment close to the pedestrian vllage. We look forward to greeting you again in the future. Sincerely Françoise Reynier – General Manager
Pincourt, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed one night but was very relaxing. Room was spectacular! 2 bathrooms, Full kitchen, next time we will stay longer. The hot tub and pool was a great bonus as well.
Restaurant was very good and the atmosphere was truly relaxing.
Will absolutely go again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, We are delighted to hear that your overall experience in Tremblant was great and that you truly had a chance to enjoy our facility and our wonderful region. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Françoise Reynier – General Manager
Whitburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 lovely days in Mont Tremblant and we were very pleased with this lovely hotel. Stayed in a beautiful suite with a cosy, luxury bedroom and pristine ensuite bathroom. Lovely and quiet and nice to chillout on the private balcony after an energetic day walking the trails. Special mention and big thank you to the valet staff who were very professional, courteous and nothing a problem, this was despite the stress of ferrying guests to and from the village whilst the superb Iron Man triatholon event took place on 17/8 to 19/8.

Room Tip: We stopped in room 118, ground level and easy access to hot tub and pool by stepping straight off th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future guests. It was a pleasure to welcome you at our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sincerely, - Françoise Reynier – General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time my company has booked this hotel for a two day management event. I have stayed in the two bedroom suite twice and they are very large. You do not feel like you are sharing a room with some one else. The staff is always very helpfull and the view around this hotel is great. Went for walks around the grounds in between meetings.

I am planning to come up with just my family in the near future.

Great location and rooms.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I am tremendously pleased to hear that your business stay was un success and that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you with your family ! - Françoise Reynier – General Manager
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just got back from a weekend at chateau beauvallon. This hotel is a perfect spot to go and relax! Its about a 5 minute drive from the resort village but the hotel offers a valet service that will drp you off/pick you up on demand (even to the casino).

My wife and I go to tremblant every year and have always stayed at other hotels on the resort itself. This time we wanted something a little different. We picked Beauvallon and it lived up up to all the good reviews! The pool is large and relaxing with a large hot tub. The pool is open until 8:00 but the hot tub is open until 11:00.

The staff is fantastic and very friendly. I can't say enough good things about them. Everyone tried to help to ensure we had the best vacation possible.
The breakfast is $16 but they offer the basics you'd expect from a hot and cold buffet. It gets crowded and we had to wait for a clean table as the staff seems to have issues keeping up. Not that big of a deal but I'd suggest going early.

The only downside at beauvallon was the main restaurant. The food is way over priced and low quality. I would definitely suggest going into the resort or into town.
We were fortunate enough to get a room on the 1St floor. This allowed us to walk it or door directly to the pool. The small patio was perfect for relaxing on.

We will definitely return next year as we have now find our favorite hotel at tremblant!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at the Château Beauvallon and for sharing your experience. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests have the chance to take advantage of all the different services we offer. We are delighted that your stay was a success and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Sincerely, rançoise Reynier – General Manager
Laval, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have a 7month old baby and the reason we have chosen a hotel, versus a chalet, was the service.

Room
We arrived to the hotel one hour prior the check-in and luckily our room was ready. +
However, upon checking in, we noticed a few things : dishwasher full of dirty dishes, garbage can not emptied under the sink and the floor was not vacuumed recently... -

On the hallway, there was a vacuum cleaner and a cleaning tools for the entire afternoon. Clearly, short staff or non trained staff. Either way, not 4 star... -

The room ( 117) was very nice, big. With nice wood, nice furniture, 2 TVs, nice linen, 2 bathrooms and full equipped kitchen. +

Hotel

We really wanted to enjoy the hot tub with our baby, but it was out of order. Nobody warned us...-
The pool is not heated.-

Overall, nice amenities, lake, etc. +

Staff
Biggest disappointment ! We have been to several hotels in the area, including Westin and Fairmont. Compared to Chateau Beauvallon, they have trained personnel...

Upon arrival, despite the fact that we had a a stroller and some bags, nobody helped with the luggage...
The guy ( about 50 year old, white hair), was too busy doing some sort of balance sheet to even talk to u s. He had sent us to room 217 ( written on the paper, instead of 117 ). Imagine carrying all luggage upstairs and then to be told to come downstairs... No apologies, nothing.

Later in the day, I asked a young lady at the check in for a menu. She was so confused... The hotel does not even include brochures with the menu in their room.

When we ordered the food, they called us back to make sure it was the right room number, as they were not sure.

When a dark haired lady came in with the food, she clearly had no idea that she has to block the door, come in, let the food on the cart, serve water ( she did not even have it), etc.

After eating, I called the reception and asked them to pick up the dishes - nobody came.
At the check out, nobody even asked how our stay was. I would have told them!!!

FOOD
I ordered veal with polenta. Polenta was not there :))) Less carbs for me :)
The meat was laid on a bed of edamame and leak ( sandy sandy, as not rinsed).

Luckily the desert and the appetizers were ok, or I would have been hungry after a 39$ table d'hote.

What a rip-off!
4 stars - no way.

At Fairmont, when they bring in food, it was warm, tasty, the waiter explains the menu, pours water and you feel as if you are in a fancy restaurant.

What a pitty. There is clearly a lot of investment in the hotel and this is shadowed by lack of trained personel. They are so close to being great, and yet - terrible.

Please do not bother sending me <thank you< for your comments letter. Focus instead on improving your guests experience.
C.

Room Tip: Ask for a cleaned room and if their hot tub works :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant? Share your experiences!