“Nice place - great vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort

You added Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400, rue du Mont Plaisant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1L2, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Crystal Beach, Ontario
“Nice place - great vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

This wasn't our first time in Mont Tremblant. We are cross country skiers and we come to Mont Tremblant every year.
We booked this resort and than red the reviews. We came here with mixed feelings and we were nicely suprise. We stayed 6 nights.
We loved the location - equal distance to ski village and "ski de fond" place. There is shuttle bus in every hour going to ski village.
We found the condo nice, specious and clean with amaziing, breath taking view of the mountain. Everything was in good working order. A lot of closet space, two TVs, internet working well.
The kitchen was equiped well enough for two people. There was dishwasher, washer and dryer, iron and ironing board as well.
We are not restaurant lovers and most of the time we cooked. We shopped in St Jovite after skiing.
The condo has nice wood burning fireplace and jaccuzi great to relax after day of skiing.
We went few times to hot and steam tubs. They were located short distance from our place.
We loved the hot tub but people from Ontario shoked us. The party was on, they were drinking beer, wine etc and their little kids were turning place up side down. Man jumped over the fence instead of opening gate with the key.
We had Ontarian neighbours who groomed their big white dog and throwed the hair through the balcony. We were on main floor and the tones the hair landed on our patio.

There was one resort related problem - nobody cleans the parking lot and on second day of our stay, after snow storm we couldn't leave the place. I called reception to send somebody with the sand/salt but she told me that this is city responsibility and they'll clean in few hours.
We had to clean the parking lot and than we went to buy showel and few bags of salt. Nobody cleaned the parking lot to last day of our stay and we learned to keep salt and showel in our car.
Over all this stay was very comfortable, we felt like home, we would recommended this place to our friends and we would go back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

My husband and I booked a night at the Wyndham Cap Tremblant this past weekend, based on a review of the hotel's website. The hotel's website indicated that the hotel was a 4 star establishment with many attractive amenities, including outdoor jacuzzi, indoor sauna and steam room and a restaurant. My husband and I were looking for a luxurious, relaxing escape and were extremely disappointed when we finally found our way to the hotel. First off, this place is not a hotel. It is a series of buildings that house condos that are far from luxurious. They are nicely appointed but by no means a 4 star establishment. Secondly, you have to drive everywhere once you are in the resort. This means that if you want to go to the spa to enjoy some time in the outdoor jacuzzi after a day of skiing, you have to drive there from your condo and then change there and then drive back. If you want to go to the restaurant, because there is literally nowhere else to eat in the resort, you also have to drive from your condo to the restaurant. After a long day of skiing, the last thing we wanted to do is have to drive from our condo to the spa and then drive back to change and then to get in the car again to drive to the restaurant. Also, the roads are not lighted in the resort so it is extremely difficult to find your condo, reception, the spa, etc... It is a big resort, and at a minimum, they could have invested in road lights or at least spotlights on the signs that they do have. Also, the signs are one-sided only, so you can only read them when you are coming into the resort and not when you are driving from reception to your condo. Also, you are assigned a parking spot outside your condo, however if you car is any bigger than a Smart Car and if there are any other cars parked in the lot, you will have trouble fitting your car in the spot. Finally, we figured that at least if we were in a condo we could make a fire in the fireplace - no such luck though because you have to go into town to buy fire wood 10 minutes away. For what you get at the Cap Tremblant, a condo that is mediocrely appointed, you are better off going on craigslist and finding a condo within the ski station village at Tremblant. You will almost certainly pay less by renting a condo/chalet in the village and you will have the great advantage of being in the village, not a 10 minute drive away, and will have access to all the amenities in the village, including a variet of restaurants, bars, activities. The Wyndham Cap Tremblant was a huge disappointment for us.

ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a weekend at the Wyndham Cap Tremblent and were very pleased. I read some questionable reviews and when I saw a deal for this resort I almost didn't book it! I'm glad to say I did book it and was had a great stay.

The condo:

Was super clean and modern (stainless appliances, jet tub, washer/dryer). It had a nice fireplace and a very cozy feel to it. The hot tubs were right behind our condo and were awesome after a day on the slopes. Lot of towels in the unit as well as iron, ironing board, soap etc............ Even dishwasher and laundry soap.

The location:

The drive to the resort village was very short and we actually didn't mind being "out of the action" so to speak. Our minivan made it up the hill no problem, just drive slow the road is winding. The views from our condo were amazing.

This place was clean, quiet and reasonably priced. We ate in the village so I can't comment on the restaurant and as for the service, we really didn't need it the condo had everything we needed. If you want housekeeping you just have to book it with reception.

If you don't mind a short drive to the hot spots this resort has everything you need.

Mt Tremblant is a great spot to ski, people watch and fine dine! Eat at the Avalanche in Place St Bernard. You won't be dissappointed!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

This was my fourth stay at Wyndham Cap Tremblant and I will be returning in a couple of weeks. This has been our skiing destination for a couple of years. Overall, we receive good service, which is why we are returning customers.

Our trip was on January 28-31. We were a big group (15 people) of adults (20s-60s) staying in a five room condo. The condo is clean and well maintained. However, there is no room cleaning/service during a 3 night stay, so you need to keep things organised. The kitchen is well equiped and they include enough towels to go around for the bathrooms and the exterior (common) hot tub. Not all beds are as comfortable. Sofa beds can be a bit uncomfortable after a long day of skiing. Televisions vary from condo to condo. Some have flat screens, while others have older models. Nice wood burning fireplace.

The resort offers a shuttle service that takes you to the mountain. It runs regularly. They have updated their buses this year, offering guests a larger coach bus on peak times. Parking is sometimes tough to find. There is only one (or 2) assigned to each condo and they are sometimes covered with snow. Limited visitors parking. The common pool and hot tub areas are clean and accessible. They were suprisingly not too crowded during our last stay.

Not all condos are the same. In the past, our 5 bedroom condo included 4 rooms with queen beds and 1 room with bunk beds. This time, it had 3 bedrooms with queen beds and 2 rooms with bunk beds. You need to be flexible since it seems that, while they guarantee to accomodate the number of guests in your condo, the beds might not be set up the way you originally planned. This gets more complicated when you are a bigger group.

Overall, great experience. Will be returning for years to come probably.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
constable
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We have stayed many times at various locations in Mont Tremblant, this is in the old section far from everything. The unit is plaisant but there are no services. Fireplace with $5 per log. We wanted a restaurent close by for breakfeast, before making our reservation we ask about food etc... but on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday the restaurent is close. The pools are close. The hot tubs are open but very difficult to access, someone stole my sucks that I had place in my shoes and left under a bench and left there socks on the bench (yerk) ... There was 4 kids screeming with 2 adults when we entered the spa area and 12 kids running and screeming when we left,... if you go to rest and relax that is not the place to stay. This was the worst location, service and experience we have encountered at Mount Tremblant. Go somewhere else you can't do worst then this place and your location will be much better with many more conviniences close by.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at Cap Tremblant for a ski weekend with a number of friends. The condo was very spacious and allowed for a lot of room to spread out after a day of skiing. The Kitchen was equipped with everything - however the glasses are very small - may wish you take your own if you want a larger beverage (very very minor detail). Being further from the hill was not a problem at all - the shuttle was on time and was great. The condo we had was very clean and set up nicely. We were very pleased. The pool/hottub is very nic - yet it for the entire resort - which means it was very busy after skiing.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Stayed at the Wyndham Cap Tremblant from December 12 -15 for 3 nights. After reading the mixed reviews, I was a little bit skeptical but I found an excellent price and decided to go for it! I am very pleased with my decision, Wyndham was everything I hoped it would be.

I read that the place can be difficult to find in the dark so I made sure to arrive during daylight. Probably a good idea, I can’t imagine being able to find the place in the dark or without my GPS. There is a very long windy road that will take you uphill to reception but thank god there was no snow on the road and we made it up ok. We were greeted with a friendly smile and check in took a total of 2 min. only to explain their policies with the hot tub.

We found the room just fine-just have to read the signs. I was very pleased with the room. It was very spacious, open and cozy. Everything was clean and in good working order. We really appreciated the kitchen as we were not keen on eating out for 3 nights in a row. We bought our own groceries and cooked for ourselves – a much more affordable solution for Mont Tremblant.

I read about people who were very upset that there was no daily room service. People need to stop whining. If you don’t mind keeping the place tidy and using the same towel for a couple days (which we did) then you’ll be just fine. We weren’t looking for a place to wait on us hand and foot. We just wanted a nice place to unwind and relax after a day of snowboarding and Wyndham was perfect for that. The fireplace and the jetted tub are really nice after a day on the hill. We didn’t even feel the need to go to the hot tub because we were so comfortable in our room (that and it was really cold outside).

My only concern would be getting up the windy hill when there is snow. It started snowing on the second day and we had a little bit of trouble getting to our room. Thankfully there wasn’t too much snow and no one else was on the road. I can only imagine how difficult and dangerous it would be to drive up with their regular amount of snow.

Overall, Wyndham was exactly what I was looking for and I was very pleased with my stay. I didn’t want to leave! I would definitely go back and recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!