“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort

You added Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400, rue du Mont Plaisant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1L2, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Kingston, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights last year. Great location with great view of mountain from the patio. The chek in desk staff was great. Beautiful and clean condo with great big kitchen with all essential pots, plates and cutlery etc etc . very clean bathrooms and very comfortable beds. Overall very good. 3-4 miles from the center of Mont Tremblant which is not bad. Great trip to Mont Tremblant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for such a nice review. We wish to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights during the August Ironman. About 3 miles from Mont Tremblant village center.

The good: beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. Large spacious 3-bedroom condo. Clean bathrooms and comfortable beds. Large kitchen with essential pots, plates, glassware, and cutlery. Nice kid-friendly pool with fun water slide.

The bad: no A/C, broken washer/dryer that was never fixed despite numerous calls, sofas were very worn and dingy and need replacing, shaky dining room table.

A little walk-around by management would reveal that some updating is needed. Not too bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Not bas is not good enough. Thank you for the head's up. Everthing was repaired after your departure.
Ottawa, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in ground floor condo (602 I think). On arrival I was delighted with the appearance of the place and the great view from our patio .
But then a bunch of teens showed up in 601 directly above us and the relaxing holiday went down the toilet
It began with me hearing the sound of air rifles going off. I looked up to find them firing shots off their balcony at various objects.
I asked them to stop.
Then the foul language began as the alcohol flowed. I was unable to sit on the patio with my kids to enjoy a BBQ. Instead we had to close the doors and windows and crank the radio up to drown them out.
At night we were unable to open any windows due to the noise, and since there is no A/c this made sleeping uncomfortable.
In the second day they resumed firing their air rifles. I complained at reception but was informed that the unit was privately owned so there was nothing they could do.
It was left to me, on my vacation, to threaten these louts with the police. The shooting stopped but the partying got worse.
I reported all this in the survey the resort asks you to fill out, and listed my email on the form requesting they contact me.
Sorry to say that I've heard nothing 10 days later, so here I am warning people on trip advisor
So much for a relaxing retreat

• Stayed August 2013
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, your comment card never made it to our Reception Manager nor to my desk. We take these situations seriously and even if the party-goers are not our clients, it is important that we do everything to ensure that our clients can enjoy their stay. I feel sorry for you since our guidelines are clear on that subject. We will remind our staff how to proceed in such situation. We cannot always prevent bad behaviors from clients but we can definitively cure it.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Booked two condos for two nights stay from Aug. 8~9 back in mid July. Upon arrival I was told the booking was for Aug. 9~10 and therefore they don't have rooms I asked for (side by side). End up taking two condos in two different buildings. On Friday after using the pool, I called and asked for more towels, was told they ran out of towels and I can wash them myself using the laundry machine. Finally after the towels were washed and ready to take a shower, I noticed the toilet paper ran out, so called and ask for more (around 6:30PM). Had to call three times and finally they delivered the toilet paper around 10:30PM. Paid $170/night for a condo on a weekday stay, I was expecting a much better service than what I received.

Room Tip: Tried to avoid them if you can. Their price might look great at first, but after they add all the ad...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Obviously, not getting the right reservation dates is not the best way to start a vacation. Any single details becomes rapidly more annoying. We sincerely apologize for this mistake.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We rented a condo with 3 bedrooms. Very comfortable beds and fully equipped kitchen. As long as you are okay with very spotty wifi connection, then it's fine. We had issues connecting to the wifi. There are three pools, 2 adults and 1 for family with a slide. Depending on where you are located, the views are magnificent. We can hear go carts from our rooms. This is because the Jim russel go carts are located close by.
It's a 10 minute or less drive to the resort village. It's about 4 km to the casino. Ask for casino vouchers when checking in at the front desk. Overall, other than the wifi issue, there are no complaints!

Room Tip: There is no air condition in this resort. they provide fans.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this instructive review.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I took my wife there for our anniversary. I called the resort the same day and asked them if they could give me a good room and they said no problem. When we got to the reception, the guy remembered that I had called and said he was giving us one of the best suited with view of the lake. Once we opened the condo door and pulled up the curtains, it was like heaven. Beautiful lake with the view of sunset, unbelievable! Room was absolutely spotless, nice bathroom, good bedroom and kitchen with more than necessary appliances. We did enjoy our trip at this resort and I would definitely go back there. Thanks to the receptionist for the short notice adjustment of the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice review.
Port Colborne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had a wonderful stay in a condo we rented with family. It was rented through vrbo and it was in unit 205 complex. We had a great stay with our family, nine of us in total. (4 adults and 5 kids) We had a 5 bedroom unit on the second floor. It had 3 bedrooms upstairs (2 had queen beds and the other had 2 sets of bunks). The lower bedrooms had 2 queens. It was tastefully decorated and had a modern kitchen with all of the amenities. There was a pool across the road as well as tennis courts. It was about a 5 to 10 minute drive to the base of the mountain. It had a great view of Lac Mercier. It had wifi and cable. We had an excellent stay. Groceries are expensive at the local stores. Many cyclists and joggers on the streets. Many activities to squeeze in at the base of the mountain. We bought activity cards for the adults and unlimited passes for the younger kids.

Room Tip: Book through vrbo if possible for a lower rate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this review.

Been to Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!