“Idyllic setting ruined by rowdy neighbours” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort

Save Saved
You added Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400, rue du Mont Plaisant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1L2, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 32 hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa, Ontario
“Idyllic setting ruined by rowdy neighbours”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in ground floor condo (602 I think). On arrival I was delighted with the appearance of the place and the great view from our patio .
But then a bunch of teens showed up in 601 directly above us and the relaxing holiday went down the toilet
It began with me hearing the sound of air rifles going off. I looked up to find them firing shots off their balcony at various objects.
I asked them to stop.
Then the foul language began as the alcohol flowed. I was unable to sit on the patio with my kids to enjoy a BBQ. Instead we had to close the doors and windows and crank the radio up to drown them out.
At night we were unable to open any windows due to the noise, and since there is no A/c this made sleeping uncomfortable.
In the second day they resumed firing their air rifles. I complained at reception but was informed that the unit was privately owned so there was nothing they could do.
It was left to me, on my vacation, to threaten these louts with the police. The shooting stopped but the partying got worse.
I reported all this in the survey the resort asks you to fill out, and listed my email on the form requesting they contact me.
Sorry to say that I've heard nothing 10 days later, so here I am warning people on trip advisor
So much for a relaxing retreat

• Stayed August 2013
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, your comment card never made it to our Reception Manager nor to my desk. We take these situations seriously and even if the party-goers are not our clients, it is important that we do everything to ensure that our clients can enjoy their stay. I feel sorry for you since our guidelines are clear on that subject. We will remind our staff how to proceed in such situation. We cannot always prevent bad behaviors from clients but we can definitively cure it.

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Booked two condos for two nights stay from Aug. 8~9 back in mid July. Upon arrival I was told the booking was for Aug. 9~10 and therefore they don't have rooms I asked for (side by side). End up taking two condos in two different buildings. On Friday after using the pool, I called and asked for more towels, was told they ran out of towels and I can wash them myself using the laundry machine. Finally after the towels were washed and ready to take a shower, I noticed the toilet paper ran out, so called and ask for more (around 6:30PM). Had to call three times and finally they delivered the toilet paper around 10:30PM. Paid $170/night for a condo on a weekday stay, I was expecting a much better service than what I received.

Room Tip: Tried to avoid them if you can. Their price might look great at first, but after they add all the ad...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We rented a condo with 3 bedrooms. Very comfortable beds and fully equipped kitchen. As long as you are okay with very spotty wifi connection, then it's fine. We had issues connecting to the wifi. There are three pools, 2 adults and 1 for family with a slide. Depending on where you are located, the views are magnificent. We can hear go carts from our rooms. This is because the Jim russel go carts are located close by.
It's a 10 minute or less drive to the resort village. It's about 4 km to the casino. Ask for casino vouchers when checking in at the front desk. Overall, other than the wifi issue, there are no complaints!

Room Tip: There is no air condition in this resort. they provide fans.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I took my wife there for our anniversary. I called the resort the same day and asked them if they could give me a good room and they said no problem. When we got to the reception, the guy remembered that I had called and said he was giving us one of the best suited with view of the lake. Once we opened the condo door and pulled up the curtains, it was like heaven. Beautiful lake with the view of sunset, unbelievable! Room was absolutely spotless, nice bathroom, good bedroom and kitchen with more than necessary appliances. We did enjoy our trip at this resort and I would definitely go back there. Thanks to the receptionist for the short notice adjustment of the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Colborne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had a wonderful stay in a condo we rented with family. It was rented through vrbo and it was in unit 205 complex. We had a great stay with our family, nine of us in total. (4 adults and 5 kids) We had a 5 bedroom unit on the second floor. It had 3 bedrooms upstairs (2 had queen beds and the other had 2 sets of bunks). The lower bedrooms had 2 queens. It was tastefully decorated and had a modern kitchen with all of the amenities. There was a pool across the road as well as tennis courts. It was about a 5 to 10 minute drive to the base of the mountain. It had a great view of Lac Mercier. It had wifi and cable. We had an excellent stay. Groceries are expensive at the local stores. Many cyclists and joggers on the streets. Many activities to squeeze in at the base of the mountain. We bought activity cards for the adults and unlimited passes for the younger kids.

Room Tip: Book through vrbo if possible for a lower rate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

First class summer activity resort holiday, Cap Tremblant Hotel Chalets, large, spacious, average cleanliness, magnificent views overall functional and has everything needed for a family holiday. Poor Wi Fi reception but 3 reasonable sized pools with children water slides.
Mount Tremblant resort, good summer activity set, reasonably priced if booked before day of use.
Quebec, area shopkeepers and restaurant owners, on the whole, will not speak English and appear cool towards English speaking people, supermarket not particularly helpful, road signs in French no (or very few) English signs.
Private beach at Lake Tremblant extortionate day pass price with very few facilities and poor cafe food choices, not allowed to take own picnic on the beach. Good selection of water sport activities enough to satisfy all tastes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miamisburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This condo is considerably run down and the funishings in no way resemble the professional pictures. When I tried to call reception regarding some missing items I had to hold for 20 minutes before the phone was answered. Then I had issues with the internet which has an extremely weak signal. Someone finally came after an hour and my second phone call to reception. He supposedly reset the router, but internet still did not work. He finally left and internet started working again, probably because he finally did reset the router. Part of the road within the resort is not even paved. If you do come here make sure you are able to walk steps to the condo because apparently every condo has at least some steps. Also, bring your own comforter (which I did) because who knows when the comforters on the bed were washed last? This is not a very relaxing vacation. I am certain that there are better choices in this area. Wish I had stayed somewhere else, like the Residence Inn Marriott. At least they would answer the phone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!