“great 4 bedroom condo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort

Save Saved
You added Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400, rue du Mont Plaisant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1L2, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 32 hotels in Mont Tremblant
“great 4 bedroom condo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

my stay at cap tremblant was wonderful ,well equipped .comfortable beds.Very disappointed fireplace not working .I would of appreciated being warned in advance.But the company was great so we made the best of it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My partner and I went found a deal on Deal Find for 299$ for three nights so we were quite happy with it. When we booked the receptionist informed us that there was a 50$ charge for that period of the year which we understood and accepted. We got there and the lady at reception charged us 94.80$ for charges and the difference. However, when we finally arrived at our room we were quite shocked. The hotel boasted a four star rating but what we found was not up to the four star standard whatsoever. First off, our room smelled like smoke; we could tell that the previews tenants had smoked indoors. Second off, someone peed on our balcony and it had been missed by the cleaning crew. Third off, the bed and pillows were so hard that we opted to sleep on the pull-out couch to avoid being sore for our days of skiing. Finally, although the website said the hotel would be equipped with a kitchen, it forgot to mention that you should still bring all the cooking utilities such as thongs, flippers etc. Other than pots and pans we didn't have much. There were also holes, dents and such on the walls and our dish washer was literally hot glued together. We are in our 20's so we didn't really care about this since we had gotten a deal but then when checkout time came around- the reception wanted to charge another 149.89$. I was confused as to why I had had to pay a charge of 94$ on arrival PLUS this charge and the lady named Violette could not explain. I requested to see a supervisor but since he was not in she said she would hold the payment and he would call me by the Thursday which he never did. So the next week I checked my credit card statement and the 149.89$ charge was actually charged two days after we checked out. So instead of the supervisor calling me back and explaining why I had been charged twice, they simply charged my card without my knowledge.

Safe to say, we will not be going back to this hotel. Good thing there are many more 'four star' hotels to try in Mont Tremblant.

Room Tip: Definitely don't get room 195-7.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding. The extra charge to be paid was 50$ per night plus taxes and resort fee on the full amount of the stay. At check-in, the Agent only took a partial payment. At check-out, another Agent told this guest that there was a balance on the account but she said that everything had already been paid. The agent tried to explain the situation but she did not want to get the explanation only to repeat that she owed nothing. The Agent was unable to proceed with the chek-out properly without taking the full payment.
Brantford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We rented unit 270-5 a 3 bedroom unit. Spacious enough to sleep 8 with the pullout- but that is all I will say for the place. The kitchen was stocked with pots/pans that I think the Salvation army would reject. Not many other supplies, so bring your own stuff if you plan on cooking. The beds are a whole other matter. I think a hammock would have been better. I tried to fix the frame for the people. All the wheels were bent under, plus no mattress pad on the beds, linens were poor. Now I know the owners of the condos dont clean them- the staff does. We found, a ladies used razor in the tub/shower, a Oxycontin lying by the baseboard, beer caps, cereal ground into the carpet, dust...OMG. The carpets are fraying, the fingerprints and damage on the walls. Also when we got there we were greeted with the previous renters garbage and dirty linens. Not removed until I called the front desk. Cable didnt work, no fireplaces. They best clean up there act or people will start going elsewhere. But I will say this- it is cheap so it is what you get. A lot of teens- the hot tub in crowded on the weekends. We found a number of small homes for the same price we think we will rent next time.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We (me, wife, 5 year old daughter) stayed for 4 nights in Feb 2013.

Pretty disappointed at the start as I was looking forward to immediately using the fireplace, which did not work. We called and asked for another unit, they informed us that ALL fireplaces are shut down due to permit issues, and should be set by July. Thanks, that is exactly when I want to use the fireplace.

The WiFi was also not working when we got there. We called, they said their guy was very busy with similar issues throughout the resort... but that he will be there within 1/2 hour. Pleasantly surprised by this. He actually took closer to 2 hours, but he did get it back up, BUT, connecting was a major issue the entire stay. Since we are American, and our phones charge us a lot to use (talk and data) in Canada, we really counted on the internet for Skype and email (we do need to email for our work every day). This one issue alone would probably keep us from coming back to this place, as it seemed like ours was not just a bad week for internet but it was more of a normal problem. I suggested ethernet cords would solve the problem, but the router is shared for the entire building (probably why there are connectivity problems, and we were not there during a overly busy time).

We settled in to the unit and came to like it. Nice open layout - kitchen to the LR and dining room, separate nook for work, and a small deck with a gas grill. Which was out of propane. We called for that, they said they don't monitor the grills in winter as people tend not to use them, but we are big grillers. To their credit, they came by in 1/2 hour with a spare tank and even offered to hook it up for us. The kitchen was important to us, as we like to cook breakfast and dinner (so much better than eating out with a 5 year old for every meal). It was stocked well enough for us.

The W/D was frankly unexpected, but it was great to have! Both bedrooms had TVs (old tube TVs) with cable. Don't know how the picture quality is as we never turned them on. There is a new flat screen TV in the LR, we put that on a few times and it had the basic channels (some VT networks and a bunch of french language shows, it is Quebec after all), but not much more. Not a problem.

Our unit was very close to the hot tub(s) and the pool, which were great! Its the middle of winter and we thought we would try it, last 15 minutes or so, and be done. But the pool is heated, you can get into the pool inside the changing room and swim to the outside! Very cool! The hot tubs, right next to the pool, were large and hot but comfortably hot. My daughter made friends with another young girl and the two of them played for two hours.

Now, on the area. Mont Tremblant is amazing! If we do the area again, which we will, we will stay right in the pedestrian village, as it is so cool.

Some trip highlights, for any age, are of course the skiing, but also the tubing just outside of town (near the Quality Inn I recall) where there is a lift to take you back to the top! We also went dogsledding one day, highly recommend even if it is pricy.

Room Tip: If the hot tub is important as for something close to it as there is no parking there.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

There were only a few disappointments. We were not allowed to use the fireplace, and the condo lacked quality cookware and utensils. We had no salt/pepper, or cleaning items such as sponge or brush. They did provide a small container of dish-washer powder, and some liquid detergent. The only viable pan to roast a small piece of meat was a glass baking pan; the other roasting pan was way too big. The measuring cup had no markings on it so there was no way to know what you were measuring. If you like to cook, bring your own stuff. Otherwise, the condo was clean and comfortable except for the sleep sofa. The sleeper sofa was so uncomfortable that we had to pull the mattress out and use it on the floor. Internet went out twice, and staff promptly got it back on. The shuttle bus system to and from the mountain was prompt and efficient. I would ask that management clearly inform the guests on the bus schedule sheet exactly where the bus drops off and picks up, and which bus numbers to look for. We missed the bus on our first day because we did not know where it picked up from. There is no sign saying "Cap Tremblant" on the bus. We realized it was the #501 bus that came consistently, but then it changed to a #570 bus days later, and that particular driver did not come out and look around, and once he split three minutes early on us, causing us to wait another half hour... I'd consider Cap Tremblant again. However, given the choice, and if I had small children with me, staying in the new pedestrian village would be a better option.

Napanee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family stayed at the Cap for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay, we ate at the cap restaurant our first evening, the waitress was pleasant and helpful, the food was terrible! We had the French onion soup which was incredibly sweet and inedible, a cardboard pizza would have been better than the child's pizza, the dessert was a strawberry chocolate torte, which was bland and tasteless! My husband had the fillet minion which was ok, it came with noodles which had nothing on them, not very appealing and all for $114.00 tip included. Price would not have been an issue if the food would have been good, and the food was left on the plate, a clear indication that it was not good! Had the food been good, we would have been back.

Room Tip: Could have been brighter lighting in the unit and walkways could have been sanded so guests could wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will pass your comments to our Chef to make sure that he oversees the quality of the food leaving its kitchen. Usually, the steaks are served with vegetables. In this particular case, the noodles were a special order and they were not properly prepared. Our apologies.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights during the new year period and we had a great time. I was worried after I saw some negative reviews after I booked this resort, but it turned out everything worked out very well. I got email greeting and replies from their front desk staff and manager on my questions and request. I can tell they tried hard to accommodate the request. the kitchen and bathroom were well stocked and equipped. It is a big resort and it is a condo-style, so there was no maid service during the stay. I think the guests need to be a little bit self-sufficient...sometime reminds me camping in the summer where we cooked ourselves and cleaned up ourselves. Take-in and take out. We tried to leave less impact on the condo for next guests there who will come in.

The hotel staff Jeff and the manager helped us to drop and pick up our luggage to our condo because we did not drive and so much snow on the ground. The condo has almost everything we need to cook. We had a mountain view. It was a quiet place except the kids bounced a lot on top of our unit, but the night was quiet.

My tips: it is better to drive there. if you fly there, the shuttle bus to airport is 45 min ride and the only place convenient to shop is at the bottom of ski hill. the only general store is very expensive and few choices for food. Later we figured out to take the town bus and visit the town centre. There is a stop right at Mentro store for grocery shopping. It only takes 10 min ride. Cap tremblant's shuttle bus to ski hill is ok, saving the parking fees $15 at the ski hill.

My suggestion to Cap Tremblant is to put a enviromental-friendly sign to remind guests to use the facilities gently like re-use your towels, try to clean up before you check out and considerate of your neighbors to keep the noise at the minimum. Leave less tread on the earth.
we hope the fire place can be used when we visit next time....

Overall we had a great holiday and will come back again.

Room Tip: we stayed 175 and had a mountain view on the second floor. hot tube was a bit cool but the steam ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. The fireplaces wiil be back for use next year starting in December 2013.

Been to Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!