“Cap Tremblant Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort

Save Saved
You added Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400, rue du Mont Plaisant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1L2, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 32 hotels in Mont Tremblant
Napanee
“Cap Tremblant Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family stayed at the Cap for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay, we ate at the cap restaurant our first evening, the waitress was pleasant and helpful, the food was terrible! We had the French onion soup which was incredibly sweet and inedible, a cardboard pizza would have been better than the child's pizza, the dessert was a strawberry chocolate torte, which was bland and tasteless! My husband had the fillet minion which was ok, it came with noodles which had nothing on them, not very appealing and all for $114.00 tip included. Price would not have been an issue if the food would have been good, and the food was left on the plate, a clear indication that it was not good! Had the food been good, we would have been back.

Room Tip: Could have been brighter lighting in the unit and walkways could have been sanded so guests could wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will pass your comments to our Chef to make sure that he oversees the quality of the food leaving its kitchen. Usually, the steaks are served with vegetables. In this particular case, the noodles were a special order and they were not properly prepared. Our apologies.

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights during the new year period and we had a great time. I was worried after I saw some negative reviews after I booked this resort, but it turned out everything worked out very well. I got email greeting and replies from their front desk staff and manager on my questions and request. I can tell they tried hard to accommodate the request. the kitchen and bathroom were well stocked and equipped. It is a big resort and it is a condo-style, so there was no maid service during the stay. I think the guests need to be a little bit self-sufficient...sometime reminds me camping in the summer where we cooked ourselves and cleaned up ourselves. Take-in and take out. We tried to leave less impact on the condo for next guests there who will come in.

The hotel staff Jeff and the manager helped us to drop and pick up our luggage to our condo because we did not drive and so much snow on the ground. The condo has almost everything we need to cook. We had a mountain view. It was a quiet place except the kids bounced a lot on top of our unit, but the night was quiet.

My tips: it is better to drive there. if you fly there, the shuttle bus to airport is 45 min ride and the only place convenient to shop is at the bottom of ski hill. the only general store is very expensive and few choices for food. Later we figured out to take the town bus and visit the town centre. There is a stop right at Mentro store for grocery shopping. It only takes 10 min ride. Cap tremblant's shuttle bus to ski hill is ok, saving the parking fees $15 at the ski hill.

My suggestion to Cap Tremblant is to put a enviromental-friendly sign to remind guests to use the facilities gently like re-use your towels, try to clean up before you check out and considerate of your neighbors to keep the noise at the minimum. Leave less tread on the earth.
we hope the fire place can be used when we visit next time....

Overall we had a great holiday and will come back again.

Room Tip: we stayed 175 and had a mountain view on the second floor. hot tube was a bit cool but the steam ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. The fireplaces wiil be back for use next year starting in December 2013.
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently purchased a 2 night stay at cap Tremblant as an x mas gift for my boyfriend, 4 days before the reservation I was in an accident and was left bed ridden in a cast. I immediately contacted the hotel requesting to either reschedule or cancel with hopefully a partial refund as they had charged me in advance for my stay. I was told there were no managers on site and would have to wait for one to be available to make the decision. i called every day for an entire week and was treated horribly by every person who I spoke with.The only manager who actually took the time to even look at my reservation was the front desk manager who told me i would have to wait for the revenue manager to come in the following week before any decisions could be made. I was shocked that the front desk manager did not have the authority to change the date on a reservation or cancel and offer a partial refund. I expressed my concern as the reservation would pass before the revenue manager was going to be in but was told there was no other choice. ( just an FYI there was no management at this hotel from dec 31st- jan 7, which I assume would be a very busy time for a mountain resort)

They waited until after my reservation had passed to tell me they would not reschedule or give me any refund as they could not resell the room. well of course they could not resell the room because they left it booked under my name which i even questioned when told i would have to wait. I have worked in the hospitality field for 8 years and am a graduate from Algonquin college hospitality management program. I have a full understanding of how situations like this can be handled I am appalled at how this resort treated me. I believe they took advantage of me and my condition after my accident AND STOLE MY MONEY. The worst part is all I wanted was to reschedule and if that was not possible get a partial refund and loose my 25% deposit as i was physically unable to get there after my accident, but they had 0 compassion or understanding for my situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We sincerely sympathize with your situation and wish you a quick recovery. For the benefit of the readers, we do not steal money from our clients. To insert that in your heading and in capital letters in the text is pure slander. The real story is as follow : Your stay was not purchased directly from our resort but through an OTA (On-line Travel Agency), one of the biggest and most professional in North America. The terms of purchase were clearly indicated to wit that it was not cancellable nor refundable within 30 days of planned arrival. The reason is that our resort is a vacation resort with an average advance reservation time of close to one month. Your request for cancellation was done the day before your planned arrival. Contrary to what you mention, two days later you were offered to use your money for a future stay even if the initial terms were stricter but you refused. This is documented in writing by the OTA. This offer still stands. Simply contact me directly and I will make the necessary arrangements once you correct this review. You must understand that the staff priority during these days was to give a great service to the 1,000 guests that were on-site.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I had purchases a groupon voucher for this, we really wanted to head up to Tremblant but it can be expensive. The reviews are very accurate at describing the resort. We were really impressed. The lady receptionist was not very nice, however the gentlemen that helped us was very very nice! and he seemed to always be there so if we needed anything we would wait to speak with him. We arrived at night so we thought getting around the resort would be confusing but it wasn't so bad. It's really big! Luckily we got a condo in walking distance from the pool and hot tub which was nice! The condo itself was really big! I loved it. Was way better then expected, I would advise to bring your own pots because the ones they have do not cook well at all. Other then that they have everything you need. We didn't get to use the bbq or the patio since it was winter time, however it was really nice! We are going to go again in the summer, since we went in November. The free internet doesn't always work and the signal was very weak. The tub in the bathroom was very spacious however the jets didn't work (not a big deal but just to mention) . The bed was okay, we are in our twenties so we slept fine, however some people might find it not that comfy.

The hot tub and heated pool are really nice! We were lucky that when we went to use it there was just a small family, so I had no problem leaving my stuff inside, however had there been more people I would not have felt safe leaving my things unattended because there are no lockers or anything to put your stuff in, and in the winter you can't really leave your stuff outside. It's maybe a 10 min drive from the village/casino which is great! We also went to the Scandinavian Spa which I DEFINITELY recommend. Was overall a great trip, we will be going back in the spring/summer to see what it's like during that time of the year.

Room Tip: Get a condo in the 200's if you want to be close to the hot tub and pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Cap Tremblant is well situated near the quaint village of mont Tremblant and just a 5 min drive to the mountain. It is up on a hill and offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. The units are nicely equipped with a full kitchen as well as washer and dryer. However there are a few key things wrong with the way Cap Tremblant is run.
1. Parking: it's a free for all, depending on how busy it is you may end up parking far away from your unit. While there is assigned parking it seems no one enforces anything and there isn't sufficient place.
2. WIFI while they say there is but unless you are stand outside in the middle of the building the signal is extremely weak or not existent.
3. Loud parties, it seems the management is happy to rent to just about anyone. The must have been about 10 teenagers, none of whom looked of legal age having one hell of a party in the unit above us. Loud music and voices could clearly be heard in my unit all night until well after 3am. We didn't sleep.

Cap Tremblant has potential but its not worth the price in my opinion until hotel management start paying more attention to the details

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Unique location in Tremblant, for a weekend or even a full week mini-vacation. Love my stay every time I come here, even if you don't ski.

My favorite part: the beautiful view, especially from the restaurant!

• Stayed November 2012
Montréal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were at Cap Tremblant earlier this week for two nights.
This was my fourth visits. But other times we had private condo rentals.

The reception staff was very welcoming and nice.
The condo was very nice: clean, well equipped, comfortable and a beautiful view of Mont Tremblant and Moore Lake. Large balcony with chairs, table and BBQ.
TV with 9 free movies channels (Super Ecran -4 and Movie Network - 5).

The area is very well maintained.
We enjoyed the spa and the pool of warm water. The locker room and the sauna were very clean.

We crossed a deer and a fox on the site. Pleasant encounters.

The old town is 5 minutes on foot - a grocery store offers everything necessary to make you a nice dinner after a day of walking at Tremblant.

Mont Tremblant center is 10 minutes away by car or you can take the bus which is just at the junction of the main road (10 minutes walk).

Only negative point: households are still not functional and that for nearly a year. It is very désapointant rent a cottage with fireplace and you can not use.

We will return again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a view on the Mountain. Building 160 or 170 are good choice - 5 minutes walk to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!