“Great location, good value - would stay here again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tour des Voyageurs

Save Saved
You added Tour des Voyageurs to your Saves list
Tour des Voyageurs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Chemin Cure Deslauriers, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1T1, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa
“Great location, good value - would stay here again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Agree that the service is not the best. There was only one person at the counter when we checked in on Friday night, however, check-out on Sunday was really fast. Worth upgrading to the one-bedroom suite: it was $11/night more than the regular room and a lot more spacious. It looks like it was a fancy place once but that it is getting a bit dated. Although the hallways were not so clean, the suite itself was very clean, the mattress really comfortable, the kitchen well appointed and the hotel situated in a great location. Tickets to the gondola were included as well as access to a nice private beach 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

We went to Tremblant this March break and decided to stay inside the village for convenience. Overall this is a decent hotel with all necessary amenities. The condo is clean and the daily cleaning was done very efficiently. If you keep your expectation as a 3 star hotel, then you will not be disappointed. It even provide dish washer detergent which was unexpected. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo facing the church on the second floor. We were in a corner unit and was very quite. I found the people are very friendly and the front desk concierge was pretty helpful. They even printed a Google map for me with direction to a restaurant I asked for. Note: swimming pool is outdoor and is closed in winter months.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Sherbrooke
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

The rooms are really nice with a little kitchenette but the front desk service was awful! THE worse place! I did a pre-booking at 7h30 am, went back through the day to ask if my room happened to be ready... Oh my!!!! I think I should not have asked... The lady was very direct and kind of mean when telling me they SHOULD be ready around 4pm. Okay,we come back at 4, nothing for us, at 4h10we went back,WAITED for 45 minutes!!!!!!!! and finally got a room. Later, we wanted ice... Went to the front desk,there was someone in front and she was waiting too, complaining about the service....(I guess it wasn't just me!) Finally found the ice on the 4th floor. Went to the jaccuzzi outside which was pretty nice until people came in with their drinks and were pretty much partying, when we were trying to relax... Oh yes... At 1 in the morning someone, who had been drinking,was trying to get in to our room!!! When their card wasn't working they started hammering on the door.... I will NOT saty there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

We checked in (me, spouse, two young kids) on Friday for a 3-day weekend in February and the room they gave us was on the second floor, which was full of teenagers smoking pot, guzzling alochol in the hallways, and making a raucous throughout the night. When I went down to the front desk to complain and ask for an upgrade, which I was more than willing to pay extra, the front desk staff could not have been more unhelpful. I was given the "all the rooms are booked" excuse.. There was no, "I'll do my best to move you tomorrow" or "Let me see what else might be opened in the resort so you and your small kids don't have to be subjected to a weekend of pot-smoking, liquour guzzling teenagers." To be fair, the hotel management, after hearing complaints from me and at least one other guest on the 2nd floor, sent 4 (or maybe 5) security guards to patrol our floor for the next 3 nights, which helped contain some of the disorder and noise. But is this how you and your family want to spend your ski weekend at Tremblant, when you are paying top money for a nice holiday? Not me. And the indifference of the reception desk staff was nothing less than astonishing. I'll never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Our friends and us (2 couples) stayed a few days at Tour des Voyageurs for a winter get-away. It was a great location for our friends who downhill ski and close to the trails for our cross-country skiing. A natural skating rink was across the street next to the chapel. This was very convenient to the skaters in our group. A natural curling rink was located next to that as well.

The two-bedroom suite was very spacious, with a large living area, gas fireplace, dining table and compact but full kitchen. The two bedrooms each had a bathroom attached, however, due to the dormer style roof one bathroom had a tub but lacked a shower. One bedroom had a double bed with the other having two queens. Room came with three separate balconies overlooking the Cabriolet ski lift.

Lobby was very spacious and inviting. There is use of the outdoor hot tub in the winter via an weather resistant walkway. We did not try it. We used the small fitness room with treadmills and weights. We took their offer ($10 extra per day) of the underground parking due to the ease of loading and unloading the vehicles in comfort (skis, groceries, etc.) and the space being out of the weather. Ski lockers are very convenient on site. Used the wi-fi, however, it is a pay per use of service.

The location of the hotel was ideal as it is at the base of the pedestrian village, steps from the Cabriolet ski lift and walkable to many restaurants. A coffee shop and a ceramic studio have direct entrances from the hotel.

Front desk staff were courteous, pleasant and were fluent in both English and French.

Only two small annoyances. When arriving, the previous residents ran the dishwasher without stacking them properly and without rinsing the dishes, leading to a batch of dirty dishes. Had to unload and re-run them to get the dishes up to par. Secondly, the snow clearing by the village's front end loader on one day seemed to occur very early in the a.m. when many were sleeping. It woke up the light sleepers in the group.

Overall, would recommend Tour des Voyageurs for a winter or summer get away.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Centreville, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

This hotel is pefectly located next to the bottom of the Cabriolet (pedestrian lift in the village). Ski directly to the hotel front door. The rooms are very large and include a kitchenette, fireplace and living room. However, the TV was very small.

The customer service was worse than expected. They initially directed us to the wrong room and then misdirected us to the wrong tower. They also didn't offer to help with our baggage and we had to call for towels twice and the second time they told us it would be an hour wait.

In spite of the poor customer service, I would still recommend staying here. It is the cheapest hotel in the pedestrian village and VERY convenient. Even convenient to the public parking lot if you want to park your car for free and take a short walk instead of paying $10/day to park in the underground garage at the hotel.

Overall this is a great stay and I would definitely recommend.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

I would not recommend this hotel to people that have sleeping issues. If you have to have a good night sleep, stay away from this place. Double bed mattress in studio apartments is simply too soft and too small, inadequate for an average couple. Yes, there was a pull- out sofa, not a very good sleep either, and what good is that for a couple, anyways. The price guarantees a lot of noisy students during school breaks in Ontario and Quebec. The kitchen is good for breakfast only; if you are skiing hard I doubt that you will be microwaving food. Teenagers run across hallways and party out of control. Not for an overseas visit.

Stayed March 2008

Been to Tour des Voyageurs? Share your experiences!