“Wonderful hotel in great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tour des Voyageurs

You added Tour des Voyageurs to your Saves list
Tour des Voyageurs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Chemin Cure Deslauriers, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1T1, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Orlando, FL
“Wonderful hotel in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is in a fantastic location in the pedestrian village right by a mini lift that takes you up the village to the main Mont-Tremblant Gondola for free (if you don't want to walk up the hill). We had fun just riding that :-). After arriving two hours before check-in time, we poped in just to see if we can park in the hotel garage and the very friendly receptionist told us our suite is ready and we can check in. The parking was very reasonable at $11/night and the one-bedroom suite was pretty with a kitchen, two queen beds in the bedroom, a balcony and a pullout sofa. The pool, hottub and sauna were great and the nearby beach is very pretty and just a short walk away. We received free passes to the gondola and the beach and tennis club - not sure if this was because they warned us about a planned power shutoff for two hours in the morning, which was eventually cancelled. Overall we had a fantastic stay and highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sherbrooke, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Family of 4 and stayed in Tower 2 on July 25th 2012. Travelled with another family that stayed in another room.

Wow!!!!! What a great time, room, price and location.

Our family stayed one night in tower 2 (room #271) and it was all we expected. Room had a small fridge, sink, plates and silverware, coffee machine, a propane fireplace, underground parking and a great view of the pedestrian village.

Both towers 1 and 2 are located at the bottom of the pedestrian village, right next to the free cable car that takes you to the top of the village and the ski lifts. They are both ski in/out. We never had an issue with noise from street or hallways.

The hotel has no restaurant so you will have to eat out - plan an important budget since Tremblant is expensive.

ONE IMPORTANT THING TO BE AWARE OF: this hotel offers queen size beds but some are regular beds while others are pull-out from wall types. We had a regular bed and were very comfortable but the other family we were with got a room with a drop-down bed. The drop-down beds have the same mattresses as sofa beds and are not comfortable. Be sure to ask for regular beds.

Booking tip: if you book/prepay your room a minimum of 4 days before your stay, directly on the Mont Tremblant website you can save 15%.

Enjoy!

P.S. please vote as helpful if you like this review

Room Tip: Anywhere but make sure not to choose a room with a pull-out bed
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I posted the same review on Travelocity but it was removed.

I booked the 2 rooms (with separate M/C and contact name) at the hotel for the Victoria Day long weekend. I was charged on my card right away.

When we checked in, we were asked to provide our M/C for parking (about $12 per car). Well, it's normal that a hotel would ask for M/C for security reason just in case we broke their stuffs. So we gave our card to them.

A couple weeks after, I received my M/C card bill and found an unauthorized transaction of $153.12 (and so did my other family member). I called the hotel front desk and they told me that I had to pay for my stay (which I paid already) and they transferred me to reservation dept since front desk people could not handle it. And it took a pretty long while to get to the "so-called" right person who deal with this matter. I was told that they never got the payment from Travelocity and that was why they charged my card. But hold on, if that was the case, why they did not let me know when I checked in. They told me they would only charge my card for the parking and my card was swiped for $153.12 right at that moment.

Then I called Travelocity, and they told me that they will fax the hotel to prove that I paid and I would get my $153.12 refund. I waited for 2 weeks, nothing happened. I called Travelocity again, and they put me on hold and called the hotel. The hotel said they did not get the fax. Travelocity said they fax it again and I will get my refund soon. I waited for almost 2 weeks again up to now, still no refunds. I called both parties again and had no result.

I called my M/C company and trying to dispute and charge back the hotel (or Travelocity???).I guess that would be the only way I can get my money back.

At the end of day, I think it was a scam, asking me for my card for parking fee but swiped it for another purpose. If the hotel told me at the beginning that they did not get pay from Travelocity, I could deal with that matter right in front of them. It should be a business matter between the hotel and the travel agency (no matter which one it is) and shouldn't get the customers involved!

I left the above review on Travelocity and was removed in the very next day. I hope this one will stay and let travelers beware of how these people may use your card when you check in. Check your statement after your trip!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
nathalie j, Guest Relations Manager at Tour des Voyageurs, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear YKChan

Thank you for your review.
We are deeply trouble to hear about your experience at our hotel.Rest assured that this situation is unvolunter from our part and that we are defenetely not running a scam. I will make sure to foward your review to the accounting manager.
Sinceraly
Nathalie Juster
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

we booked a room and requested for balcony instead we got a different room may be better it was suit with full kitchen was really good and separate sitting area. location was good almost at the start of village. there was no restaurant on property so bring your own coffee. it was nice and clean hotel we enjoyed our trip of two nights.

AMLL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We rented a One Bedroom Suite on Saturday June 23rd for one night. We were happily surprised to see that our room was ready to check-in at 10a.m. This made our Ironman preparation all the better considering we had ample time to register, place our bikes in transition and attend the information session while having a secure space to store our equipment and personal goods.

We were in room 216 overlooking the pool and spa area from our balcony. The kitchen is well equipped and only missed dish liquid for the sink and dishwasher. The kitchen table sits 6 people and have to say was very dusty upon arrival - the room was clean but dusty. The living room was nice, sofa, sofa bed and chair comfy. No problem with the AC/Heating and the beds were comfortable but springy if you are use to sleeping on a higher quality mattress. The bathroom is large and has a door into the main area and the bedroom. One of the locks did not work. The bathroom was well stocked and the shower head had a good choice of pressure. The only problem with the shower was the water temperature varied extremely from our set temperature to extremely hot then cold. That made for very uncomfortable showers especially at 4 in the morning!

Overall, I recommend this hotel. The pool and sauna seemed very nice and it is easily accessible from both the main street and the pedestrian village. It is located ar the base of the hill, less than a 2 minute walk to P1 where the transition area is for the athletes. It is at 20 steps from the run's finish line and main stage for the Ironman.

If you are doing the Ironman 70.3 or 140.6 - I would choose this hotel for it is close to all of the action!!

Room Tip: If participating in the Ironman, consider requesting a room facing the Pedestrian Village if you wou...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Gatineau, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Hotel is dated but decent.
We didn't get the room we asked for (got a queen and a pull-out couch instead of two queens) which was disappointing and no accommodation was made to help us or to compensate. The pull-out was not comfortable at all!
We weren't advised where the parking was or our room was.
The hot tub was also closed.
Perfect for families or friends but not for couples.
There is no restaurant in the hotel.
The room we had was facing the Cabriolet. In the mornings, you could hear the people taking outside even if we were on the 2nd level but we didn't hear anything at night.

Overall, good value considering the price but don't expect anything amazing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool instead of the cabriolet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was very happy with my stay here. Huge rooms (bigger than most apartments) with full kitchens. Perfect for week-long strips when you want to bring your own groceries. Try and stay in Tour I, though, where the reception is. Tour II is a separate building and if your room key gets de-magnetized, it's a pain to walk to another building.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Tour des Voyageurs? Share your experiences!