We stayed for 1 week at this wonderful hotel. Overall it is a great 5* hotel with all of the amenities you would expect and more.
1. The rooms are all ‘suites’. Actually, some of the rooms are suites i.e. separate living/bedrooms but not all. That said, our executive suite (Room 112) was one huge room with defined living/sleeping areas but no walls in between. It was simply gorgeous. Others have mentioned the log fires – incredible and romantic addition to the room. The furnishings are all good quality and the room and bathroom were very clean. Good view of the lake but also a rather good view of the car park. If this is going to bother you (it did not bother us) ask for a room in the middle of the hotel as all the end rooms share this view.
2. Good wardrobe space with plenty of real coat hangers (not the annoying ones which are hooked on to the rings in the wardrobe).
3. Tea and coffee making facility in room with fresh milk in the fridge.
4. Fantastic large bathroom with full size bath, double sink, good power shower in separate cubicle. Nice Aveda toiletries (Shampoo, Shower Gel, Conditioner, facial wash, body lotion and soaps).
5. Comfortable and huge bed, wonderful soft cotton sheets and the best pillows in the world.
6. The bar is very nice and drinks come with bar snacks (peanuts). One point about the bar – not so good in the day. Actually, there was no one around in the day so it did feel you were sitting in a bar that had closed. At night, it was wonderful, relaxing but still with enough people to create a bit of a buzz. The restaurant serves wonderful, top quality food – think Michelin stars and you are there. I am vegetarian and they cooked a superb risotto one evening and a wonderfully rich mushroom pasta dish on another night. Exquisite food and a wonderful restaurant. Breakfast was fantastic – both cooked food made to order and the buffet.
7. The Q is an exquisite hotel with pricing to match. However, this hotel was excellent value for money
8. Location – could not be better 5 minutes walk from the centre of the resort.
9. Very helpful concierge and staff. Special thanks go to Genevieve, Catherine and Eric.
10. Foyer very luxurious and a lovely place to sit down, read the papers, have a coffee etc. there is also a pc on a desk where you can access emails etc.
11. The swimming pool is outdoors with a hot tub/spa pool attached. I found this a wonderful experience but others may not like going out in the cold in winter months.
12. I have left this last but really it is the most important thing – the staff. They are so wonderful, completely customer focused and genuinely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Even prior to arrival they were extremely helpful sorting out our restaurant choices, ski equipment rental etc. Once again, my sincere thanks to Genevieve for her unfaltering customer service, enthusiasm and care.
Breakfast was included in out package including coffee/tea. However, just a bit annoying that if you prefer to have a cappuccino, they charge you $5.50 + Tax and tip. Worked out about $7 for a cappuccino – bit much I think and really, it costs nothing more than big pot of regular coffee. If you are going to make charges on top of what is already an expensive breakfast – let people know.
Would I go back? Absolutely. It is without doubt one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever had the pleasure to stay in and overall, extremely good value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Quintessence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintessence Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Hotel Quintessence Mont Tremblant, Quebec