“Great for families. Excellent Stay. Highly Recommend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Sommet des Neiges

Save Saved
You added Le Sommet des Neiges to your Saves list
Le Sommet des Neiges
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Chemin Au Pied Dela | Montagne, Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 32 hotels in Mont Tremblant
Connecticut
“Great for families. Excellent Stay. Highly Recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We (myself, husband, kids ages 10 and 8, and my mother) stayed for two nights in July and absolutely loved everything about Le Sommet des Neiges. From the moment we pulled up and the bellman greeted us to when we checked out, every employee was gracious, personable and kind. They even were appreciative of/patient with my pathetic attempts to converse in French.

On-site, secure, underground parking was $12 per day. The parking garage was spotlessly clean.

The room was also very clean, spacious, and well appointed. We brought some basic groceries with us so that we could have breakfast in the room. There was a stove, fridge, sink, dishwasher, pots/pans, dishes, coffee maker with coffee supplied each day, etc., so if we wanted to cook every meal in we could have. The washer/drier unit was great to have, and the hotel provides a starter box of detergent, dish detergent, etc. The two-bedroom unit was a great size and having two nicely-sized full baths was convenient. The gas fireplace was nice for the cool evenings and the kids loved eating breakfast on the balcony. As travelers who appreciate a high-standard of cleanliness, I cannot emphasize enough how clean this unit was. The dishes, glasses, etc. were spotless. The washer/dryer unit was spotless.Loved, loved, loved how clean it was.

The location of the hotel was perfect; we had a two-bedroom suite, room 323, with an incredible view of the mountain and the resort. The hotel is on an edge of the village so you are removed from pedestrian traffic, yet everything in the village is just a one to five minute walk from the hotel. We checked out other properties while we were there and agreed we liked our location best. We were next to the gondola that takes you up the mountain and the hotel offered unlimited gondola passes for the duration of our stay. The kids loved being able to see the lines for the Euro-bungee and luge right from our windows. We were there during the annual Blues Festival, and when we opened the French doors in our living room, we could enjoy the music from our room. When we closed the French doors, the room was quiet. The walls were also well-insulated, and we heard no noise from neighbors.

The kids loved the pool, hot tub, and game room, and we were surprised how empty the pool was. They had it to themselves for part of the time we were there.

The resort is compact and offers many different kinds of restaurants and some nice shops; we saw only one touristy store offering Mt. Tremblant items. The kids were excited to see Detestable Moi 2 (Despicable Me 2) in the cute little movie theater.

The only problem with our stay was that it was too short. We stopped there on our return trip home from Quebec City. We all agreed we could have easily stayed for a week. There's SO much to do in that area and it is so beautiful.

Room Tip: We loved room 323. Request a room with a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Secret vagabond

Thank you so much for your great comments and I am glad to read you enjoyed your family trip to Tremblant. It s nice to read that the accomodations of our hotel were up to the your standard and that the room were so clean.We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Sommet des Neiges .

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Kitchener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms were so spacious - 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, laundry facilities right in the room! A full kitchen, a beautiful view from whichever room you have. And the room is very modern and inviting.
The room was also extremely clean. The bathrooms were so big, the kids enjoyed hearing their voices "echo" when they were in it. The main bathroom had a huge tube and the master bathroom had both a shower and a huge tub. The bedrooms were very large - each one with a view of the pool (in our specific case).
The kitchen is a full kitchen with tons of dishes, wine glasses, knives, spoons etc., this room had enough for over 8 people (or more in it) and a dishwasher to wash everything.
We were on the main floor of the hotel and at first I was not happy about it...and close to the elevator at that! However, I have to say - there was no noise coming from the elevator - and although we were on the main floor - we didn't hear any noise from anywhere on the floor.
There was so much to do in the area - hiking, attractions for the kids, pools, shows etc., it was amazing - I could have stayed for a whole lot longer and the kids would have been entertained the entire time!
They even had b-b-q that you could use (arrange a time that you want to use it at) and you could sit out and eat your meal in that patio area, or go back up to your very own balcony and eat there. We choose to cook on the bbq patio and then go up to our own patio with a nice bottle of wine and milk for the kids and enjoy our steaks and salad.
The staff were amazing, they were so friendly and very accommodating. Especially Suzanne at the front desk - she was such a wonderful woman! She was friendly and courteous in helping us extend our stay at the last minute. I can't remember the last time I had someone go out of their way to ensure that my family could stay the extra night on such short notice. She even made it a point to chat with my kids - which is rare these days, staff usually just speak to the adults and don't really "see" the kids.
The hotel is right in the heart of Mt. Tremblant - you can see the mountains from wherever you are on the grounds.
They had a wonderful fireworks display on Canada Day.
I will definitely be going back to this hotel again! It was one of my most favorite hotels ever!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
DearGwenkit

Thank you for the great feed back you have provided. This level of detail is important for us !
Its always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.Thank you for your review , and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just wanted to post a review as we go away and stay at hotels often throughout the year. My four children loved The Sommet and want to go back which we are in a few weeks.
It is very clean every clean and everyone is so very friendly, happy and helpful. The kids rooms are fun for all ages and we enjoyed our stays there and will be back many more times. The rooms are very spacious and clean and up to date.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear TashaAmywilson

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments , its always great
to read that our guest espacialy their kids enjoy themselves .Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back perhaps very soon!
Sestriere, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We came there for a couple of days from Ottawa. Such a great place to have a rest, to switch off from a city chaos, to stay with the family, to enjoy the nature. Many things to do - biking, hiking, golf, horses, climbing, paintball, fishing, swiming, tennis, rafting and many more in winter! Many restaurants and bars in the area.
We've seen many deers, they come really close to the hotel!
Really enjoyed our stay and look forward to come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed most recently in February of 2013 and have stayed several other times in the past five years, each time has been wonderful but until now I've never written a review. Suzanne at the front desk was so incredibly helpful I wanted to make sure she knew and got recognized for going above and beyond! Thank you! We look forward to seeing you this summer; we just booked our first golf vacation, in the past we've only experienced the winter! See you soon!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Michelle M
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.We are happy to hear that our ambassador SUZANNE took excellent care of you .Rest a sure I will share your feedback with her and the rest of our management team. W e hope to see you this summer!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spring stay at a super great place. Exterior very nice. 3 bedroom suite. Full kitchen and laundry facilities. Clean, plenty of towels. Good location at the top of the pedestrian village. Limited wifi here. Outdoor pool (did not use) and outdoor sauna (wonderful after a day of activites. Small games room (pool & air hockey). Small gym.

Room Tip: You should call to ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sommet Des Neiges the night of Sunday May 19th in a 2 bedroom unit with kitchen (#407). I have stayed at your hotel before, and every time have enjoyed my stay very much. Excellent value given the quality of the hotel and the price. Also so well located in the heart of the action, view of the mountain, close to all the best restaurants and shops.

This particular visit merits particular attention, because of the exceptional service from the hotel staff:

Upon leaving the hotel to return home on Monday May 20th, I accidentally drove off with my baby’s bassinet on the roof of my car. Obviously it fell to the ground and a passerby was kind enough to bring it to the hotel lobby. Patricia who works at the front desk remembered seeing my family leave (with our two young children) and took a chance and initiative to call my cell phone in the event the bassinet was ours. Unfortunately I only heard her message once we were back in Ottawa. I called her to confirm that the bassinet was indeed ours, and she took the time on the phone to assure me it was there and safe (it has enormous sentimental value) and that arrangements would be made the following day with housekeeping to have it sent back to Ottawa. A huge thanks to Patricia for the initiative she took to contact us about the bassinet.

The following day, I spoke to Nancy from housekeeping. Nancy and I discussed the most efficient way to ship the bassinet to Ottawa. She was terrifically helpful. One thing I have not mentioned is I had also forgotten my VISA card at the Petro Canada at Montée Ryan that same Monday while driving back to Ottawa (with 2 children I guess I was lacking sleep!). Nancy offered and arranged to have the VISA card picked up from the gas station and sent back with the bassinet. I could not believe this wonderful service!

The story does not end there. Mid last week my wife realized she had also forgotten a very beautiful necklace that she had received for the birth of our first child (also enormous sentimental value). She called the hotel and spoke to Patricia who had our room searched for the necklace. Well, as a testament to the quality and integrity of the Hotel staff, the necklace was found! I made arrangements (again) with Nancy from housekeeping to have the necklace safely returned to Ottawa, and it was promptly.

My wife and I both work in the service industry. The service that the Hotel staff provided us over the last week has been simply world class. We have a client base of over 400 people, and we will always make a point of recommending le Sommet des Neiges whenever the topic of Tremblant comes up. My family and I are booking another 4 night stay this summer.

Again, our deepest appreciation for the wonderful service the hotel and staff have provided us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear PAUL D
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review!We strive to offer the highest level of service,and it is greatly rewarding to read that you had such a good experienceat our property.We look forward to your next visit this summer , if you need any special request upon your arrival please feel free to contact me it will be by pleasure to assist you.
Nathalie Juster

Been to Le Sommet des Neiges? Share your experiences!