“Exceeded Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Sommet des Neiges

Save Saved
You added Le Sommet des Neiges to your Saves list
Le Sommet des Neiges
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Chemin Au Pied Dela | Montagne, Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Exceeded Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Sommet Des Neiges was quite a surprise. We were completely satisfied with our stay.

Room amenities:
The room was pretty much an apartment, featuring a full kitchen, laundry, living area, and bedroom. There was even a balcony to look out at the village if we wanted. In-room wireless internet worked well but certain sites are restricted (e.g. Netflix). Soundproofing was excellent; there was absolutely no outside noise that could be heard.

Kitchen amenities:
All the basic necessities were supplied. All that was needed was for us to supply the food to cook with.

Bathroom amenities:
The bathroom was very spacious, with two points of access (bedroom and living area). What surprised me was that there was both a tub and shower combo as well as an individual shower stall.

Parking:
Parking can be found under the hotel. It doesn't look big from the outside but there were many spots available on this two-level parking area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We go to Tremblant every second year and always stay at the Sommet des neiges for it's location. But the best thing about the place is Suzanne the concierge, she is very helpful and went out of her way to please a few of my requests. Thank you Suzanne. Julie who lives in Australia now who used to work at the ski school...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear SNOWFALL-13

I am happy to read that you enjoy so much Le Sommet des Neiges and thank you for taking the time to share it. Rest a sure that your comments will be shared,see you soon !!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I rented the condo #335 for a weekend and we simply loved it. First of all, the location of the complex is great (right on the slopes) and it is very easy to have access to the restaurants and shops. The condo itself had amazing views of the mountain and was spacious, yet with a cozy feeling to it. The kitchen was well equiped and the bedrooms were very confortable, without mentionning the cleanliness of the unit, which was impeccable. I would also like to mention that the service from the staff very professionnal and friendly, which made our stay even more pleasant. I definetly recommend this unit at the Sommets des Neiges to anyone who wants to have a great time whether it is for a romantic getaway or a family trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AudreeC

Thank you very much for your positive words on the Sommet des Neiges and unit 335. It’s true that condo is well located and spacious for a one bedroom unit on two floors with a mountain view and a small terrace .I hope that you will choose Le Sommet des Neiges for your next visit to Tremblant.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We arrived on April 2nd and this would be our 2nd time to Tremblant this season. Our first was great and we stayed at elysium les eaux which we loved very much. So this time around I decided to try something different and booked a stay at Le Sommet for 3 bedroom suite to accomodate 10 people. Room was a little less modern than we expect but it was cozy, spacious, location was absolutely amazing and service was the best part (outstanding). I rarely give reviews but because we enjoyed our trip this time around so much that I felt obligated to express a few words. Even those who didnt ski loved this hotel and was able to watch all the action on the slopes right from the comfort of our room. Tremblant is definitely top notch for a ski resort and le sommet des neiges will be our choice of stay when we plan for next year. Oh btw if you choose to eat at one of the bar/restaurant in the village, choose bullseye, great food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear ohbabybtk

I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Sommet des Neiges. Our team always does the most they can to make guests experiences happen. Thank you to had for your time and we hope to see you soon.
NATHALIE
Matawan, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I took my family skiing to Mt. Tremblant for the first time over Christmas. Since I never been there before, I came to Trip Advisor, and did my research. Le Sommet des Neiges came highly recommended, so we decided to stay here.

Le Sommet des Neiges is located at the top of the pedestrian village, and when you exit the hotel through the ski lockers, you are on the slopes. There is no need to walk up the hill through the village, or carry your skis, you are right there, on the snow. The location is amazing! If you are renting skis, you are also in luck, because ski rental is in the same building as the hotel. You could not ask for a better location on the mountain.

However, that is where my positive review of this hotel ends. The only thing the hotel has going for it is the location, and nothing else.

When we arrived at the hotel, we discovered that there was no bell staff. After checking in, we were instructed to park our car in the underground garage ($15/day parking fee), and use the carts in the garage to bring our luggage to the room. When we parked the car, I was unable to find a cart, and had to go back to the lobby to get one. The receptionist told me that I must bring the cart back to the lobby, because they needed it.

When we finally made it up to the room, another disappointment. Although the room was large (we booked a 1 bedroom suite) it was run down, with dirty carpets, peeling paint, and dust everywhere. I wonder if housekeeping ever wipes the surfaces in the room.

The room had a large king (maybe queen?) bed in the bedroom, and a convertible sofa in the living room. Since I have 2 teenage kids, a boy and a girl, it is not an option for me to put them in the same bed, so we opted for the optional cot ($50/night), that fit reasonably well next to the convertible sofa in the living room. With both beds open, there was not much room left in the living room, but we were still able to use the kitchen table, and the kitchen rather freely.

Although I requested the cot when I made the reservation, and told the receptionist that we need the cot, it was not in the room when we got there. When I tried calling the front desk, I did not get an answer, so I had to go down and request the cot again. When it finally made it up to the room, there was no bedding on it, and no extra bedding in the room. Back to the reception desk, where I was told that the bedding would make it up to our room eventually, which it did.

The rest of the stay was pleasant, except for occasional housekeeping issues. By the time our weeklong stay ended, we forgot all the hustles, and learned to ignore the dust, and the run-down room, and just focused on how incredible the location of this hotel was.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear RIVILIS
I’m truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced upon your arrival. Please rest assured that I will review your comments regarding the housekeeping with our manager to ensure we take advantage of this improvement opportunity. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.
SINCERELY
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The ski In ski out experience here is amazing and the room is super spacious and comfortable. Very friendly staff especially the concierge Nathalie. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the greatest ski vacation imaginable.

• Stayed March 2013
Summit NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I give this hotel a 5-star review because in my opinion, it has the critical elements needed to make this a great place to stay in Tremblant.

When you read other reviews, there are comments and complaints about various issues that are probably valid.. And I suppose its always to each his/her own to complain about various issues.. But when you look at all the positives about this hotel, it is simply a great place to stay.

The location and mountain view are great. You store your gear in an in-house locker and from the locker room, you walk out the door 100 feet and jump on the Gondola to the top. All food/drink/shops are within easy walking distance.

You park underground with easy access to the lockers and to the elevators taking you to your room. Again, easy access. This stuff matters when you're lugging stuff on vacation.

This was our 1st time vacationing in Quebec. Everyone was friendly, and the hotel staff was very nice and helpful, and spoke english.
Our 1 bedroom suite was huge, with a nice balcony overlooking the mountain and (very pretty) base area. Kitchen, cozy, and spacious.

Since nothing in life is perfect, we had two items that were not ideal, but absolutely not worth impacting the overall rating. 1) due to the location, you can hear the mountain groomers during the night. I mentioned it to the staff and they said they'd pass along the feedback to mountain personnel. 2) there is not free Wi-Fi in the room. OK on one hand, we all probably didn't come to a place like Tremblant to surf, game and video.. But to each his/her own. However, in most of today's hotels, Wi-Fi is free, and it probably should be here as well.. But if you can fix a problem by paying a few extra dollars, then its probably not a travesty. But if you're a family that needs multiple devices hooked up, then you should probably inquire about the cost.

We look forward to coming back for our next visit. The hotel, and Tremblant are truly a great destination.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Le Sommet des Neiges? Share your experiences!