Family of 4 (2 adults plus 20 yr old son and 17 yr old daughter) stayed over Christmas week in a one bedroom suite. We drove up from Connecticut. The hotel has an amazing location in the pedestrian village just steps from the ski lift. Stayed on Hilton points (Diamond) and we were upgraded from a studio to large one bedroom overlooking the ski slopes and village. Suite had a large bedroom with two double beds, living room with sofa bed, kitchen, dining room ,bathroom and balcony overlooking the village. Room had a nice fireplace for which you can only burn Duraflame type logs so we brought a case with us in the car. Small kitchen has all of the necessary appliances and utensils if you want to cook your own meals. Service at the hotel was excellent. The front desk staff was always very polite and helpful with restaurant recommendations, directions, etc. Housekeeping did a great job and we were happy to leave a nice tip everyday.
Internet – Wireless in only available in the breakfast room and we could often see people sitting there with their laptops. As others have noted, rooms only have a wired connection in the bedroom. While I don’t need much Internet access on vacation my Internet addicted wife and kids brought a couple of laptops, an iPad, iPod Touch and WiFi enabled cell phones. I warned my family about the Internet situation in advance and my son brought our wireless router from home and plugged it into the wired connection to create our own WiFi hotspot.
Skiing – The skiing was great the entire time of our stay. The resort was pretty full over the Christmas holiday and one of the chair lifts on the backside was out of service for the first couple of days which added to the wait at the other lifts. We took advantage of the First Tracks skiing for resort guests and were on the gondola at 7:45am each day so we were able to get in a couple of hours skiing each day without any lift lines. While most waits were less than 5 min. we did wait 20-25 min for the gondola at peak times. Per another suggestion on the forum, we purchased lift tickets at Costco in St Jerome just off route 15 on the way up only to learn at the resort that they weren’t valid during Christmas week. Costco Tremblant tickets are $63 plus tax and include a $10 lunch voucher vs. $75 plus tax without lunch at the resort.
Parking - $10/day for heated underground parking at the hotel. The garage is just down a flight of stairs from the lobby/ski lockers so I put my skies in the car rather than use the ski lockers.
Food – The Homewood suites has a free breakfast buffet which was convenient and includes a good selection of hot and cold items (sausage, eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, juice, cereal, fruit, etc.). After skiing hot soup and bread is served. The pedestrian village is full of great restaurants and bars. Since we drove up, we stocked up on snacks, beer and wine from the Costco in St. Jerome. There is a convenience store in the village which has a good selection of food, beer and wine and there is a SAQ liquor store next to the hotel.
Activities – The hotel has a nice outdoor hot tub which was nice after a day of skiing. Don't forget to bring your swim suite. The resort has a small outdoor ice skating area which is free to resort guests. My wife and daughter enjoyed it but the ice was very bumpy (No Zamboni here) so I didn’t even put on my skates. There was also a small sliding hill next to the hotel which was also free for resort guests. Lots of shops in the village for shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite hotel is located in the heart of Alpine Village where you can explore local boutique shops and eateries. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, living area, and separate bedroom. Our beautiful property also has a dry sauna and a exterior whirlpool for your relaxation. Our full hot breakfast is complimentary daily, also enjoy our reception dinner Monday through Thursday evenings. Come escape from it all at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Mont-Tremblant Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Homewood Mont Tremblant
- Mont Tremblant Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant Mont Tremblant, Quebec