“Outsanding Hotel in the best location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant

You added Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3035 ch de la Chapelle, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1E1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Mexico
“Outsanding Hotel in the best location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

My family and I were a little nervous about the hotel after reading some of the reviews: we stayed in a two bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 adults and 3 children. The room was more of an apartment, very comfortable for all of us with a huge kitchen, fireplace a 2 LCD TVs; every day we had a good breakfast that we brought to our room from the hotel buffet (included), which it was excellent because every day was different menu and we stayed for a week. Definitely there is no best location in Tremblant. The front desk staff was more than helpful with us, and very accessible with our requests. If we go back to Tremblant, we wouldn’t stay anywhere else. The hotel was just perfect at a very reasonable price!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Our family of 4 (kids 10 & 8) managed to squeeze in last minute for a few nights over March Break when everything else in Tremblant was fully booked. TIP: Craigslist/Kijiji have some listings from condo owners in this hotel and the deal might be slightly different than booking directly thru the hotel (the condo owner included parking and discounted lift tickets), but I don't believe any more expensive (actually prob'ly cheaper). Worth checking the listings if you're on a budget like us.

This was our first ski in ski out experience and the whole family enjoyed it a lot. Best aspects of our stay:
1) Location - even in ski boots, it is a very short walk to the gondola, even for my 8 year old carrying her own skis. We are now dedicated ski in / out fans.
2) First Tracks - the reception desk will happily provide you a ticket for first tracks skiing (only for those staying in the village) before the slopes open to the general public. Essential to do this if spring skiing. Freshly groomed fast slopes such a lovely contrast to the sticky wet afternoon snow. Slopes were great and we learned lots just cruising all day, even without lessons (esp to the Ontario skiing that we're used to).
3) Breakfast/ Aft snack included - this is a family minded hotel and the food reflects that. It's not gourmet, that's for sure, but you're in Quebec (foodie heaven) if you want to get your tastebuds tickled you're surrounded by great restaurants and other food options. Just do an quick online search and you'll get an tonne of good recommendations! Lots of choices for breakfast (pastries, breads, eggs/bkft meats, hot & cold cereals, fruit). Always appreciated the hot soup in the afternoon, serve yourself just as you come off the lifts.
4) Hot Tub - how can you ski all day without one?? Lovely outdoor tub that was always in use but never over full. Super to soak under the stars at night! Towels provided there and showers on site, but bring a robe if you're trekking down from your room in your bikini. No real changrooms. No gym/weights.
5) Kitchen - it's not a luxury designer kitchen, but it's well equipped for the price. You're there for the skiing right? Not to cook all night! Had everything we needed. Village is full of overpriced shops (except the SAQ for your wine) so buy your groceries elsewhere (if you're into gourmet, look up S Bourassa on the main drag in St Jovite, the main town just off the highway. They've got all your goodies - unpasturized cheeses, charcouterie, etc).
6) Quebecers - so pleasant and friendly and welcoming, esp compared to the cold fish here in Toronto.

Keep in mind that you are right in the village and these units are all located over the shops/pubs so depending on where your windows face, you could be dealing with noise, esp after the slopes close and the patios fill up in the spring sunshine.

We were in a studio unit and it was tight but not cramped for the 4 of us (kids slept on pullout sofa). Two closets to hang stuff, no drawers . Place was clean and linens fresh and decent quality. Staff smiley and helpful. Great value and we are definitely planning on returning!!

canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We just returned from a fantastic ski vacation with our 2 children ages 8 and 4 at Mont Tremblant. We found it to be a very kid friendly place to stay and ski with our children. Our kids loved to participate in the free activities provided by the resort for those staying in the village, such as street hockey, and tubing in the evenings. My husband and I would have a beer and watch them having fun from one of the lounge chairs placed in the square while basking in the sun- perfect end to a long day on the slopes.

The snow school was absolutely great. The instructors made sure the kids had a great time, and we were amazed with the progress the kids made in just 4 days. I took a private lesson with Denis one of the instructors and progressed so much in my own skills and my level of confidence, I was astounded.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites, a convenient, easily accessible hotel from the base of the mountain. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly.

The trails were well mantained, and there was plenty of variety for all of us to enjoy with our different levels of ability.

I would highly recommend this resort for anyone with young kids!

Newark, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Having read all posted reviews prior to my trip, I feel compelled to respond to a few comments that stood out to me, and to add a few of my own. We stayed in room #300-a 1 BR with loft, 2 Bath, 2/28-3/6. 2 adults 1 child.
1. The location is perfect. Steps from the lift and gondola, in the center of shopping and apre' ski activities.
2. Ski storage location just outside the lobby (indoors), a very convenient location. Plug locks loaned to us free of charge. Locks can be used on mtn as well as ski room.
3. All staff very friendly. Front desk not very knowledgable about skiing (lifts tickets/mogals/conditions)which I consider a bit odd at a ski resort-even if they don't ski.
4. Our room was at the end of a very, very long hall. The hall has 2 turns and 2 five-step sets of stairs. The luggage trolly is only useful from the parking lot and up the elevator. Fortunately we are healthy and strong. Hauling a weeks worth of winter/ski clothing and groceries without a cart is a bit of work.
5. Condo is stylish but compact; very clean but not spotless; more fresh than worn; nice linens and towels; nice views.
Outstanding negatives to me:
a. Very minimal cooking supplies. I had to be quite creative. 1 small frying pan, a 4 qt pot, a steamer which was designed to sit in a small (1.5- 2qt) saucepan-but no saucepan. I did ask the desk for a small saucepan, but never
received one. I boiled 2 eggs in the big pot every am. Decent enough cooking utensils though. Coffee pot hotel size. 1 dish cloth, 1 dish towel, and 1 potholder. No extra paper towels or tissues available. I would say the place is of hotel mentality even if you are staying in a condo. I think that they want you to eat out (except bkfst).
b. Nice flat screen TVs, but no video components to watch a movie.
c. No wireless internet and the only connection that worked (sometimes)was in the downstairs bedroom.
d. The downstairs toilet was very sluggish-a 3 flusher. I was often worried having read the report of an
overflow problem in another review.
e. The windows are far from well-sealed. As a result, you can hear everything outside. We were on the access road side and this is very busy early in the morning with a multitude of delivery trucks which start at 6 AM and seem to just keep coming all morning. My child was awakened early every morning. Also, the blinds do not come close to covering the windows, so although I used earplugs to block out the sounds, the sun woke me daily. I'm sure sound is a problem in every room. Maybe you hear the village streets, or snowcats, or trucks-it just depends on your room location. Also, like any "hotel" you can hear all the sounds in the halls. I did not hear any sounds between the floors or rooms though.

6. Breakfast. Having read the reviews I was a bit uncertain and packed milk and cereal, and pancake mix. Hubby & child ate there every morning. Eggs lousy. Breads and muffins good. No one yelling at customers for overindulging-which my family did daily (6 pieces of french toast and 4 sausages and muffins, if you get my drift). We wore clothes. Did see some kids in PJs and unbrushed hair.
7. Great hot tub. Long with nice shape so you could have your own private zone. Plenty of towels. Shower/sauna/dressing room/ bath right there with racks outside to hang your stuff on.

Would we stay here again? Yes, but I'd bring a few additional kitchen supplies and not plan on doing any on-line work.

Hanover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I found this hotel to be much better than the reviews here.

Staff was helpful and we did not experience any of the problems that others have posted.

Room was simple, clean, and very near the lifts. Price was very good considering the location. Very easy walk to lifts

No problem at all sleeping or with noise. There was security to keep things under control.

Breakfast was just ok, but if you don't like the eggs they had plenty of other options.

The only thing I did not like was the new casino. High table limits and no drinks at the tables. Drinks at the bar very, very expensive. I would avoid it if I went again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
East Kilbride, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Started well. Had booked a one bed with loft but stairs not at all suitable for our two year old so were moved quickly to a one bed room with two queen(?) size beds. Really small bedroom but much better living space for us. During stay I found the front staff friendly and helpful unlike some before. Rooms fine - basic and a little tired with almost a complete lack of cooking utensils e.g. no kitchen knife, so with our mainly eat in group this made life a little awkward. In fact a friend had some stuff taken from their kitchen during the stay, I presume to cater for another guest's request! Small thing.

Great location, 50m from snow but this can also be a problem as the rooms often overlook the main square as ours did which can remain noisy until late. Small thing.

Breakfast good (agree a bit with previous fake egg comments) but room small so take it back to your room, this is even recommended by the hotel. People have commented previously about the staff and this is where my biggest problem began and apologies for the little story coming! We have a young child, I'm going up and down with several trays of cereal, then coffee and milk for the baby's bottle (he is allowed breakfast since he paid for it!), plus toast and cooked breakfast......trays are small, by the way, I'm not that greedy! Seems to me a good idea to take a jug of milk so I don't spill then split it in room. Not to the staff however. Confronts me in breakfast room. I explain the situation. She loses it, shouting (and I really mean shouting) at me that I am stealing milk and that because of me no-one will have milk tomorrow! I tell her (quietly) to be reasonable and to please not tell me I'm stealing, I am paying for breakfast. This seems to break the camel's back, she goes into orbit, chases me out the room demanding that I buy my milk from the General Store from now on. It's milk for Christs sake, reported it to front desk, no action, breakfast room staff scowl at me from now on. Small thing but really upsetting, many people would just have decked her for speaking to me like that in front of other guests.

Room also smelled terribly of cooking fat. I guess the ventilation system is shared with Le Shack downstairs and it spills back into the rooms. We had washed all our stuff before returning but have rewashed everything because it really stinks! Small thing.

Overall this place is cheap and cheerful (normally). Don't expect much from the facilities because you ain't paying much for them. Because of all the small things I wouldn't go back. Have stayed in the Marriott in Tremblant found it much better (Fairmont not worth it, stayed there four times). Won't stay here again, hassles just don't make up for it.

Watch out for the wicked witch in the breakfast room...........

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Kingston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

A frequent skiier all around Canada, often I've vacationed to Tremblant with family and friends. My second stay here at the Hilton Homewood Suites, I was completely taken offguard by my experience. Traveling only with friends, I felt as though the hotel took advantage of me.

First, when our toilet underwent a sewage backup, it took repeated calling over 3 hours before two security guards ventured up to clean up the mess. Or should I rephrase that because they didn't even bother to clean up the sewage deposits covering the floor of the bathroom and bedroom. Instead they fixed the toilet (thanks), and snooped around the room making rude remarks. Outrageous! Frustrated and confused, we stayed in the smelly room, cleaning up the mess ourselves with the towels provided, leaving us with none (again..thanks).

Later that evening we invited a couple of friends over and the same two security guards barged in, without waiting for us to open the door, and shouted "too many people in the room, get out". I spoke with the security guards, simply suggesting that they could have just asked "hey guys, you cant have this many people in the room, please leave thank you". Some service and respect, if you will. I understand completely that a room full of people may get a rowdy and a noise complaint is expected, however the $50 fine the next day was not. Unaware of the room number policy, we were on top charged for abiding the security guards and clearing the room, thus eliminating the noise problem (which...was it?).

I remember traveling numerous times to places like Tremblant and gathering in one room to eat and hang out, all family and friends. Never have I ever been charged for it. If anything, it was a warning before anything else. Upon confrontation with the hotel service, they simply dismissed my claims and I felt at a complete loss. As a student who can be quite aggreable and approachable, the prejudice I felt leaves me angry and frustrated. I highly recommend that you do not stay at the suites if you are a student like me, or even if your traveling with family and friends because the service was awful, and I would seriously like to see those two security guards charged the $50 instead of me.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant? Share your experiences!