“Location, charm, and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant

You added Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3035 ch de la Chapelle, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1E1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Gainesville, Florida
“Location, charm, and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed in the Homewood Suites for a few days during Christmas/New Year break. This was our second trip to Mont Tremblant and the first stay at this hotel. The location of the hotel is superb! It is right at the Plaza St. Bernard, literally a few steps from ski lift, tubing slope, and restaurants. It really helped to be that close to everything since the weather could get bitter cold in Canada. During the New Year outdoor concert and dancing, we could be in and out of the hotel to warm up since the stage was at the front of it. Our room was one bedroom, 2 double bed suite. The kitchen was clean, newly remodeled, and fully equiped. The beds were not queen size but full size, a bit tight for two people. There was a sleeper sofa in the living room. Hotel serves hot breakfast from 7 to 10 am with reasonable choice of usual items: cereal, eggs, sausages, ham, toasts, fruit, and drinks. From Monday to Thursday, there is a snack offered from 4 to 6 pm: soup, pies, and other warm bites, which is a nice touch.
The hotel has nice sauna and a spacious outdoor hot tub-must do on a freezing night!
The hotel staff was always friendly and helpful, in English or in French. Rooms were cleaned daily. There is no restaurant in the hotel itself, but the village has so many wonderfull places to eat just a few steps away, and Fat Mardi restaurant with their magic WooDoo stew is right downstairs. Included in the hotel stay was the tubing after 6 pm and ice skating rentals from 1 to 9 pm. Again, the tubing slope is right at the exit from the hotel, very convenient! The activity center where one could rent skies or book some winter adventures is across from the hotel as well. We loved every minute of our trip and very pleased with the choice of the hotel.
Mont Tremblant is magic!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We just stayed in the Homewood, for our second year, from the 16th through to the 20th of January. We had a Loft/1 bedroom suite (436) and it was perfect for our family of 5 ( 3 kids under 12). The loft was great for my 2 daughters, bedroom for us and the fold out couch for my son. Short walk to the lifts....literally seconds!!

The fireplaces are being worked on throughout the pedestrian village due to a change in Quebec Building Codes, from my understanding. The hotel advertises this so it was already known prior to check in and it is appreciated that they post it on their site.

The loaner ski locks, secured indoor ski storage, first tracks skiing (although we didn't partake that early), skating, and tubing/sledding, breakfast buffet, afternoon snack, all at no additional cost made the stay perfect. Underground parking ($10 per night) is worth the additional cost and lower than most hotels in any city.

I would like to additionally thank Gaby for the extra special attention to our house keeping. The kids really enjoyed the persoanl notes and the arrangement of their dolls when they found them tucked in each afternoon. We didn't use the service the first day and still received a note explaining how to get any supplies we may need. Merci Beaucoup!!

Also, I told myself I would remember, but I should have wrote down her name. The young lady working the front desk the evening we checked in and the morning we checked out offered more assistance and personal attention than could have been expected. Thank you for ensuring everything was looked after so we didn't need to worry about a thing.

Only thing to be aware of, is the noise outside can be heard inside your suite, so if this bothers you, you may want to bring some background, ear plugs or white noise.....not something that bothered us, but just incase.

Some reviews are not as positive, but when looking for a great family ski vacation.....this is a wonderful place to stay with fantastic staff. See you next year.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My family of 4 spent 5 days skiing Jan 2-6.This was our 2nd stay in the Homewood Suites.
Again, we have no complains. Booking was done 2 months in advance, no problems at all. Our room was ready at 11am ( usual check in is after 4 pm ), Receptionists very pleasant and efficient.
Room was cleaned daily and on time. Fireplace was out of order but we were informed about that at the time of booking ( something to do with change in Quebec fire code ).
Breakfast was fine for us, they tried to have something different every morning.
Afternoon snack could be crowded, but hotel was full of skiers so that is understandable.
The one thing I would like to mention as a potential issue : we had studio loft with queen-size bed at upper level and It was hard to control room temperature. If it is comfortable down, too warm upstairs ; comfortable upstairs, too cold down. I need to mention that outside night temperature was -35 for 2 nights.
We did use ski lockers to keep our gear, did not even use locks, nothing is missing.
Location of the hotel is perfect, everything is walking distance.
Looking forward for our 3rd stay.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful place in the midst of a beautiful ski village! Downhill skiing is a minute walk to the lifts. Cross country skiing in Domaine Ste. Bernard is a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel in the most beautiful location around! Great restaurants as you walk through the village, you can take a gondola ride up the mountain to the casino and see a beautiful vista. About 2 hours away from the Montreal airport. Stay at least 3-4 nights for 2 full days of skiing, shopping, and checking out the beautiful natural surroundings!

• Stayed January 2012
ONTARIO CANADA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Our family of four spent 2 nights at this location , always book Hilton when possible but probably not again at this location. Room was fine except fireplaces do not work and we booked two queens and then found two very small double beds . Usually I can sleep with one of my kids and my wife with our other , but not in these beds! The location is great , just don't bring to many bags because of the layout and steps you might encounter . We had arrived around 1:30 which is usually ok with Hilton's but were told no rooms until 4 so we went to eat and they took my cell # and said they would phone us after 4 hrs I returned to hotel and they said " oh I guess we forgot to phone you " the gentleman who was working never had a name tag on and did not explain anything about the hotel amenities . My first bad experience as a Hilton honors member! I would recommend hotel for location and size of suite , still had a great time in Mont Tremblant but look elsewhere for service.

Room Tip: Book village view and close to elevator to eliminate steps
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We are a family of four who went to Tremblant for a downhill and cross-country ski vacation Jan 2-6. We chose the hotel for several reasons: location (close to the downhill), the kitchenettes (with food allergies, we need to make some of our own), the name (for almost $400 per night before taxes and parking, we expected amazing service), the hot-tub. We booked a "1QN/1DBL FIRPLC STE NOSMOK" several months in advance.

On the plus-side: the kitchen was well-equipped, good-sized fridge; location was perfect for the downhill skiers; hot tub was AMAZING.

The rest: We had a lot of luggage, ski gear, groceries, etc. We thought we were lucky when we found a luggage cart, but then because of the bizarre design of the hotel, its usefulness was limited (stairs everywhere). When we got to our room, first we noticed some kind of air freshener/ozonator gizmo plugged in, whirring away in our kitchen. Then when I looked in the bedroom, there were two double beds, not one queen. So after all the hassle of getting everything to our room, I had to go back to the reception. They sent someone about an hour later to get rid of the gizmo. However, when I mentioned we had two doubles instead of a queen, I was appalled at the reaction. "Oh yes, that's an exception, you get three beds instead of two (as in, you get a bonus!). There's nothing else available." No "we're sorry", no advance notice, they just sent us to our room to deal with it. Very poor for a Hilton. She did say that maybe the next day we could switch rooms, but we were there to ski, not to spend our time packing & unpacking our stuff.

Anyway, that was a disappointment, I probably would've overlooked it. But with everything else, I got ticked off, considering this was a Hilton, and the price we were paying. For example: on our first full day, I was returning to my room around 3 p.m. and the room had not been cleaned yet. I saw a housekeeper in the lobby and asked when it would be done. She said something about being busy, but then I mentioned that the rest of us would be back within an hour (lifts close at 3:30, it doesn't take a genius to figure out people need their rooms by 4:00). So our room was done by 4, except the garbage wasn't emptied, and the coffee & dishwasher powder weren't refilled.

The next day, they didn't come until almost 3:30, when my son was there alone. He was caught off-guard, uncomfortable & said it was ok if they didn't make the room. We got there a few minutes later, called down & said, yes, we'd like the room cleaned and they said they'd be there before 5. So at 4:50, I called down & got the front desk. Asked if we would get service & she said all they had on record was that we refused service. After insisting that we at least needed towels and the garbage emptied (since it wasn't done the previous day), they sent a porter (who did a great job).

The big window in our living room did not close properly & there was a bad draft coming in (I had to stuff paper in it, and reported it to the front desk). At the hot tub, the towels ran out one afternoon. I went back later that evening and the towels had never been replenished. The breakfasts are pretty low quality - scrambled eggs, some sodium/nitrite-loaded meat, and the usual cereal, juices, etc. I only took advantage of the coffee. But on our last morning, I wanted to get some orange juice & milk for the four of us, so I brought up two pitchers that were in our room. One of the servers there VERY LOUDLY, embarrassingly, told me it wasn't allowed. I told her I wasn't filling them, I just needed a bit, and she said the only way was to use eight disposable cups. So much for the environment! And so much for class.

We were not allowed to bring our skis to our room and were given locks. Unfortunately, they are useless for cross-country skis (the XC skis slide out of the rack). We tried using them anyway, worried someone would steal our skis. On the last day, one of the locks went missing (stolen - I think maybe we didn't leave it locked). When I mentioned this at the desk, it was almost as if she was proud that we would pay an extra $30 for the "lost" lock. No sympathy whatsoever.

All in all, I just felt like we were imposing, I was not impressed, it did not feel like a Hilton. I will look for other suites next time.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've stayed at this property twice over the last year and a half. The rooms are HUGE. The location is AMAZING. You get up in the morning and look out the window to see the mountain and the slopes right at your feet. It is in the center of Mt. Tremblant. The gigantic outdoor hottub is AMAZING and we had tons of good times in there. The staff is ok. Not overly friendly or helpful, just ok, but the rest of the hotel and the location is unbeatable for Mt. Tremblant.

Room Tip: As for a room looking at the mountain- those are usually bigger. Ours had one of those beds you pull...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant? Share your experiences!