“Not so bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge Sauvignon

You added Auberge Sauvignon to your Saves list
Auberge Sauvignon
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2723 Chemin du Village, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1E9, Canada   |
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Bermuda
“Not so bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

We were lucky to get the room as Auberge Lupin was full on the Friday night. The place is not so bad, but we didn't have dinner there... which others have highly recommended. Our room was recently renovated, but was very spartan... bring your own shampoo. The common room was OK, but the Auberge Lupin is a much better value for the same money and is far more comfortable.
And yes, there was a mix up as when I checked in, one staff member said 7:30am for a Saturday breakfast was OK. There was noone downstairs, but Francine did race to get us coffee, yogurt, & a croissant in time for our 7:55 bus down the mountain.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ile-Perrot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

I stayed a night with my mother, a weekend ''mother / daughter'' getaway from husbands and kids. This place was recommended by someone I work with. We were greeted by the owner, very friendly and let us come in and visit the place despite the fact that we were 3 hours early! We left our things in her care, and as soon as our room was ready, she placed our luggage in our room. Very warm and ''chaleureux'' as we say in French! Great food, dining experience! A beautiful view of the mountain from the guest living room on the second floor. The owner offered to make a fire in the fireplace after our dinner Saturday night in the guest living room. Beautiful atmosphere and very nicely decorated. We were looking for a place which had individual bathrooms in each room, and this place does, and very clean.

Only a 20 minute walk to the ski slopes and shopping boutiques. Francine even recommended a place for lunch and shopping deals!

I plan on going back with my husband for a romantic getaway. She offers different packages depending on what your are looking for.

Definitely recommend!
The girls from Ile-Perrot!

• Liked — Friendlyness and great dining experience!
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of...
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I had reservations here for 4 nights. While checking in I asked if it would be possible to cancel the fourth night as my plans had suddenly changed. I was told no problem by the on duty manager, who incidentally was very friendly and professional. When checking out I was told by Francine (the owner) that I was being charged for the canceled night , regardless of what her manager had told me and that was how it was going to be-end of conversation. The rooms were small, and clean. The help was most friendly and considerate. The rooms are bare bones- no alarm clock,telephone, tv, etc. If you're looking for a bed and hot shower this place is OK but do not trust anything management tells you. Restaurant is good , but there are better places in town. I would never stay here again.

• Liked — Very friendly staff
  • Disliked — Managements ethics
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

My wife and I spent 4 nights here in August. Unfortunately we experienced that the focus was less on the guest and more on the cash.

We were given a tiny room despite booking a large one despite the fact that the placeonly had two couples staying. Apparently there was a problem with the housekeeping.

We had to continue insisting before we were eventually given a larger room a couple of nights later.

The "gourmet" breakfast started out well but deteriorated each day as did the hospitality of the hostess / owner.

As we had limited time and were out all day we decided not to move in hindsight that was a mistake.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Owner's attitude
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

The place is ok, but service is zero. All they think about is money, and once the money is paid, they forget about the customer instantly. The toilet was blocked in our room, and my wife went to tell the hostess-owner about it. The responce was: "It is ok, no problem"
What we wanted is to be able to use the bathroom last two hours of our stay. But instead, the owner suggested that they will just start to clean the room after us. We gave them some time to fix the problem, but when we returned, they already removed the sheets and towels turned the air conditioning off, and they just wanted to get rid of us as soon as possible. I haven't seen such a rude service anywhere.
I am not coming back, and I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Auberge Sauvignon? Share your experiences!