You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Cure Deslauriers, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1C9, Canada (Formerly Le Kandahar)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa, Canada
“Guy's Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We wanted a hotel close to the ski hill and this one fitted the bill perfectly.

The room was spacious and quiet. Breakfast was ok, not a huge selection of food but it was included in the price of the room.

The hot tub and sauna were a welcome treat after a hard day's skiing.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newport, Isle of Wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent a wonderful week at this apartment hotel and found it perfect for our family: grandparents and three adult grandchildren in two apartments.

The location near to the Cabriolet lift and in the attractive old part of the village was very convenient and quiet.

Apartments had all we could ask for in terms of accommodation, very well equipped kitchen, comfortable bedrooms and lounge area. The inclusive breakfast was, to say the least, very generous and varied from day to day.
The breakfast room itself was too small for the size of the hotel but we solved this problem by taking the food to our apartment. Perhaps this was the order of things but balancing juices and scrambled egg and bacon on paper plates in one of the only two lifts was tricky!

The outdoor hot tub was bliss although the warmed, rubber matting across the icy path, did not appear until the last day of our holiday!

All round excellent value for money.

Room Tip: If given choice, corner suites have more windows and are lighter.(Ours did). Higher floors quieter a...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during Presidents week 2015 and was very pleased with the accommodations and found it to be a great value option for Mont Tremblant. The hotel was recently renovated, the rooms were clean and in great shape. It was not a complete renovation as the kitchen appliances seemed older and the cabinets looked painted over but counter tops, carpeting, furniture, and bathrooms were refinished. We had a one bedroom suite (bedroom on second floor) which had two bathrooms and a gas fireplace. We stayed with friends who also had one bedroom suites in which the bedroom was on the same floor with only one bath. While slightly different, all were equally nice. The hotel had the balconies locked so you cannot access them, they said they were doing maintenance but I think they are just trying to save some money by not shoveling them off. Breakfast was good but chaotic. Plenty of choices and all good (bacon, eggs, sausage, cereal, pancakes, yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, juice, etc.). If you can time it right breakfast is enjoyable, if you happen to go down at the busy times it’s tough to find a seat and make your way around the kitchen areas to get what you want.
The location was great, a quick walk to the cabriolet brings you to the bottom of the lifts and the hotel is right in the middle of the pedestrian village which was really nice. You can ski down a trail that takes you right across from the hotel!

Room Tip: Some one bedrooms have the bedroom on the second floor with a second bath and larger room. Try to r...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Smardzewice, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Holiday Inn is a classic American motel chain where my family often stayed when I was a child. No matter where we were, if we were staying at a Holiday Inn it meant we were some where having fun as a family.

But make no mistake, the Holiday Inn Express at Mont Tremblant is not your father’s hotel.

Ski trips require enough space for all of your stuff, and the spacious 141 guest rooms here provide you with that and a whole lot more. The hotel recently underwent a $3.2 million makeover including a state-of-the-art fitness room, sauna, free Wi-Fi that actually works, and an outdoor hot tub and swimming pool.

Wake up to the Express Start breakfast bar packed with a bounty of everything you need to start your day including eggs and bacon, hot pancakes, fresh fruit, and endless gourmet coffee. The abundant spread is laid out in roomy lounge with granite countertops, high-top tables, leather furniture, and a fireplace. I loved the work stations where I could take care of a few a last minute work details before hitting the slopes for the day. From the Holiday Inn the gondola is just a short stroll away.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed at this hotel for a Saturday night with a plan to ski Saturday and Sunday. While the rooms are great (clean, good beds, modern, coffee maker, mini fridge), the issue with this hotel for skiing is that the details do not work as well as they could. For example, upon arriving in the underground parking lot on Saturday (and having to present ourself at check in to access the garage) there was no easy place to get ready for skiing as check-in is only at 4pm. We ended up putting our boots on in the underground parking (which was unpleasant and not very well ventilated). At the end of the day, the hotel providesconvenient ski lockers and locks to keep your skis overnight but there is no bench to sit on to put on or take off your ski boots. It just doesn't seem like anyone has thought through a typical day for a skier. The staff were friendly and helpful but this hotel could be so much better if they thought through the details to avoid annoying and unnecessary hassles.

Room Tip: Room was suprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Sinnombre,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you liked your room accommodations. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding our facilities and will use these for future improvements.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had become concerned about this hotel based on a couple of fairly negative reviews but I couldn't resist the price on offer.

My basic comment is that this is a very well-run Holiday Inn with all that means - not exceptional but good, solid service, a pretty good breakfast (with great coffee). & a nice, quiet well-appointed room. The location is near-ideal: quite near restaurants & the free lift to the base of the mountain. There DO seem to be some small phone-system issues - our phone didn't have a dial-tone when we first checked in & I was told that it had been activated & the instrument was defective. It worked the next day when I checked it.

There apparently have been some "bumps" in the change-over from the "Kandahar" property name/ownership but our experience was very good.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
DominiConcierge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for this kind review. It's a pleasure to read your comments. Be assure I will share with all our team.

Best regards

Dominic
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am only two nights into my five night stay but felt compelled to write a review. This place has been wonderful! Check in was a breeze...friendly and efficient. On my first night, I had an issue with my phone in my room. The man at the front desk went out of his way to come to my room to let me know my husband was trying to call me in the room (cheaper than using the cell phone). They discovered I had an issue with my particular phone and a repairman was at my door in minutes to resolve the issue. They have answered all of my questions and tended to all of my desires.

Breakfast is perfect for us...nothing fancy, but definitely enough to get the day started. It's a typical chain hotel hot breakfast with the added plus of attentive and pleasant staff.

Laundry machines on both the second and third floor have been such a bonus for us since we are staying a week. I called prior to arrival to make sure they had laundry. I thought I was going to have to send it out for the day and pay through the roof but it is on property and I can do it myself. $4 CAD per cycle.

I used the gym this morning. It is also enough for me...a typical hotel fitness center.

Location - The location is great. We are very close to the ice skating and very close to getting on the cabriolet to get to the base of the mountain. Keep in mind that this entire area is very walkable. The only downside is that my 4yo is EXHAUSTED at the end of the day from ski school and the cabriolet usually closes at dusk. So in order to go back up and do the free nightly sledding, he would have to walk up a hill (it's really not far...just too much for him). That is literally the only thing that is a bit disappointing, but I feel bad for even writing that as everything else is so wonderful.

The rooms are very comfortable. Our room has two double beds and even has a small kitchenette area with a refrigerator. Linda, who works in housekeeping, was such a delightful help and has made our stay even more enjoyable.

We are returning next month to Mont Tremblant and I am going to try to convince my friend who will be joining us to stay at this hotel despite having to take the cabriolet with the kids to get to ski school. I plan to speak to the front desk about adjoining rooms in the hotel.

Room Tip: We are in room 127. Seems updated and is very comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Bonjour mary5984

Thank you for this fantastic review. We are happy to see we have meet your expectations and that we are going to welcome you again next month!

The big walk for the kid probably helped him to sleep a little more early letting the parents enjoy a moment by the fireplace.

See you soon in Tremblant

Dominic

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant? Share your experiences!