“Wonderful Hotel/Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Cure Deslauriers, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1C9, Canada (Formerly Le Kandahar)   |
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Chicago
“Wonderful Hotel/Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am only two nights into my five night stay but felt compelled to write a review. This place has been wonderful! Check in was a breeze...friendly and efficient. On my first night, I had an issue with my phone in my room. The man at the front desk went out of his way to come to my room to let me know my husband was trying to call me in the room (cheaper than using the cell phone). They discovered I had an issue with my particular phone and a repairman was at my door in minutes to resolve the issue. They have answered all of my questions and tended to all of my desires.

Breakfast is perfect for us...nothing fancy, but definitely enough to get the day started. It's a typical chain hotel hot breakfast with the added plus of attentive and pleasant staff.

Laundry machines on both the second and third floor have been such a bonus for us since we are staying a week. I called prior to arrival to make sure they had laundry. I thought I was going to have to send it out for the day and pay through the roof but it is on property and I can do it myself. $4 CAD per cycle.

I used the gym this morning. It is also enough for me...a typical hotel fitness center.

Location - The location is great. We are very close to the ice skating and very close to getting on the cabriolet to get to the base of the mountain. Keep in mind that this entire area is very walkable. The only downside is that my 4yo is EXHAUSTED at the end of the day from ski school and the cabriolet usually closes at dusk. So in order to go back up and do the free nightly sledding, he would have to walk up a hill (it's really not far...just too much for him). That is literally the only thing that is a bit disappointing, but I feel bad for even writing that as everything else is so wonderful.

The rooms are very comfortable. Our room has two double beds and even has a small kitchenette area with a refrigerator. Linda, who works in housekeeping, was such a delightful help and has made our stay even more enjoyable.

We are returning next month to Mont Tremblant and I am going to try to convince my friend who will be joining us to stay at this hotel despite having to take the cabriolet with the kids to get to ski school. I plan to speak to the front desk about adjoining rooms in the hotel.

Room Tip: We are in room 127. Seems updated and is very comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Brunswick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

During our 3-night stay from January 1st to January 4th 2015 at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Tremblant, we were given a room with one double bed plus sofa bed rather than two double beds plus sofa bed as booked on October 23. When I addressed this with the front desk I was initially advised that a reservation referring to two beds usually means one bed plus one sofa bed, implying my concern/problem was not valid. When I produced a copy of the reservation that clearly indicated two beds plus sofa I was then advised these rooms were already occupied and was offered a free cot and comp. parking. The free parking for 36$ was an appreciated gesture but the provision of a cot for a full-size adult in place of a bed is by no means an adequate substitution and made for an uncomfortable 3-nights' sleep for one of our party.

The following day after check-in I inquired with the front desk if the charges for a room with two beds were greater than a room with one bed. I was advised that no, there was no difference in price. Upon doing further research on returning home, I see that both the Mont Tremblant webpage and IHG reservations indicate that suites with two beds are indeed more expensive. I contacted management about the situation 2 weeks ago and never received a response.

Check-in was horrific, hotel was difficult to find if you're not familiar with Tremblant. Location for skiing, restaurants, shopping was excellent. Rooms/suites clean and hallway noise was minimal.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were with a large group and stayed at this hotel over MLK weekend. This is my first time to this hotel, but others have been here in previous years and confirmed that this hotel has been completely renovated. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with an adjoining hotel room. The 1 bedroom had a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, dish washer, sink, burners. There were some pots and pans, a few dishes, bowls and utensils. There was an electric water boiler as well. There was a pull out couch, the bedroom had a queen size bed, and decent sized bathroom. The adjoining hotel room had two queen beds and a bathroom (no kitchen but I believe there was a mini fridge). I don't think there were any lock boxes in either the suite or hotel room.

WIFI: Free wifi throughout the hotel. There are ports located in the halls and we had very decent wifi in the rooms.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast is served daily. Decent breakfast each of the 3 mornings we were there. There were eggs (fake eggs but it was pretty delicious), sausage or bacon, toast, muffins, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, orange juice, coffee, water.

HOT TUB/GYM: There is an outdoor hot tub located just outside of the gym. When we went in, it fit about 8 people comfortably. Any more and it would have been too tight. The gym is pretty small but why go to the gym when you can ski/snowboard? There were 1-2 treadmills and some weights. There is a shower located in the gym and two single stall bathrooms located right outside.

LOCATION: The hotel is well situated in the pedestrian village. To get to the mountain, you can either take a short walk up the hill, or walk to the gondola for a short (maybe 2 minute) ride to the mountain. Also within short walking distance is a poutine spot, a grocery, a bar (Casey's) is directly across from the hotel, and other restaurants/bars very near by.

SKI/SNOWBOARD EQUIPMENT: There is a locker room for your skis and snowboard. The hotel does not allow you to bring in skis or snowboards into the hotel rooms (we did it but we were located on the first floor). I think in order to use the lockers, just remember to bring with you a combination lock.

We found the staff pleasant and helpful. Some previous reviews noted that the hotel was in need of renovation. I can assure you that the hotel has been renovated and we had a great stay!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
DominiConcierge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Bonjour Stéphanie,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share some good feedback on your visit. I am pleased to read that our staff were pleasant and helpful and took great care of you while you were staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The whole front desk experience requires a major over-haul. Check-in was supposed to be at 4:00pm. You will sit around for a hour until 5:00 while your suite is being cleaned. Consideration is zero.
Check-out was no better - woeful.

The suite was fine, the location is very good and Mont-Tremblant compensated some for the woeful front desk experience. The lobby itself is plain. My suggestion would be to stay away from this hotel until the usual (is not yet at this location) Holiday Inn front desk experience takes hold - will take until mid summer, 2015.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
DominiConcierge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share some feedback on your visit. I am pleased to read that you had a good time in Tremblant.

What you describe in your review is very concerning and doesn’t reflect the quality of service our hotel is proud of. I am very concerned by your comments and would love to discuss your experience in further details. Could you please email me your contact information at dlavoie@tremblant.ca.

We use feedback like yours so that we can constantly improve our services, so once again, thank you for bringing your disappointing experience to our attention.

I look forward to connecting with you.

Be well

Dominic Lavoie
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a hard time rating this hotel before finally settling on very good.We didn't get off to a very good start driving around Mount Tremblant for about 20 minutes with the GPS telling us the hotel we were looking for "Le Kandahar" was in fact now called Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Apparently just before we arrived in mid December it was taken over by Holiday Inn which Hotels.com never advised us of. Once inside we found the staff very friendly & accommodating which is part of the reason I decided to give the hotel a better rating. We only stayed one night but loved the location (right in the village). We booked a double room for 2 adults & 2 kids and found the room to be fine for what we needed. One issue though was the bar fridge which was quite loud so we decided to disconnect it so it wouldn't come on in the middle of the night and wake us up. Like many family friendly hotels it was also quite noisy at times but it didn't bother us too much. We also appreciated the complimentary breakfast the following morning with plenty of food albeit long lines & quite busy. My suggestion would be to get in early (7:00am) or leave it until closer to 9:00am. I feel this hotel could make some improvements and give it a freshen up but overall I felt it offered good value for money compared to other hotels in the village so we would probably stay here again.

Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed three times in this hotel, and each year the experience is getting worse. This was our last time we book this hotel we never do it again.

We booked this hotel one month in advance in November , we asked for the quite room away from the elevator and the lobby due to my sleep issues. I called few weeks before to confirm our request, when we arrived on Dec 25th after driving for 7 hours from Toronto, we were advised that we don't have room that we asked for.

Front desk person offered us another room that he claimed was away from the lobby , when in reality it was the first room from the reception, the room was outdated with the damp smell and you could hear people talk across the wall in the lobby, as result we had to cancel our reservation and to move to a different hotel. we had to pay penalty of ~$300.

It was very unpleasant start to our vacation.

Bonjour Mrs Victoria K

I am happy to read that you are a loyal guest of our hotel. However, I am certainly disappointed by the lack of cleanliness you experienced in your guest room. At Holiday Inn, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness. Your experience falls way below our standards.

We re sorry for what you experience and thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

Dominic
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I dealt with some great people at the front desk, like Ryan, Marie-Josee, and Catherine, but the hotel itself needs improvement. The main weakness seems to be maintenance and facilities. The gym is just a few pieces of cardio equipment. The water cooler was empty and missing cups (a big problem when you factor in the sauna being there.) My toilet seat lid wouldn't stay up, another family's bed frame had one of its legs bend, requests for toiletries went unanswered, and there was a lot more like that. It's like a budget motel without the budget pricing.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear JDSX,

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. It is lovely to hear you liked our location and found some of our staff were able to deliver great service. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of of product and services we offer to our guests. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mont-Tremblant? Share your experiences!