“AMAZING SPOT!! Pet paradise and fabulous service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Domaine Summum

You added Domaine Summum to your Saves list
Domaine Summum
3.0 of 5 Ranch   |   1580 Montee du Cure Labelle, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 2A3, Canada   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Toronto, Canada
“AMAZING SPOT!! Pet paradise and fabulous service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We love visiting Domaine Summum! It's a truly magical for pets and humans - a private lake, gorgeous chalets and suites and a huge property to hike and explore. The service for my dog was incredible with a "Bark and Splash" retreat to allow me time to bring "work home" during the week and arrange phone meetings. I also had so much play time with my dog - who was sad to leave - every time! In fact, we have now been THREE times because it's such a wonderful getaway. Ask for Shirl Girl for VIP service. She's the hostess with the most adorable furry face!!! I will be returning next year with a baby who joining our family. It's definitely an annual tradition. We may even venture in the winter to enjoy some skiing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
It was absolutely super having you here again, spending special moments...on the wharf looking at the electrical fireworks...must admit I have never done that in my life....very special! Looking forward to seeing you again with the new addition to the family. Birgit

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We needed a place to stay with our dog at the last minute due to a long power outage.
The owner and staff were more than helpful and accommodating!
Great trails, beautiful scenery, cannot wait to go back and enjoy the magnificent fall colours that surround the beautiful cabins!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you for the review, hopefully we will see you again, this time not for a hydro shortage, but to spend some prime time relaxing. Birgit
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a wonderful place for both humans and dogs. The accomodations are are well maintained and have everything needed. My dog loved running free on the trails and enjoyed meeting other dogs. He especially enjoyed meeting Susie, a golden lab who was also visiting. The Bernese Mountain dogs greeted him with some friendly Woof Woof.
And if you are looking to be really spoiled - they offer some meals prepared by Chef Tina - that you can just pop in the oven to heat up.
We have already booked a return visit for September. It is one of the few actual "Dog Friendly" accommodations we have found. Most hotels charge a premium for dogs and then tell you they can't even sit in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hi there,
Sometimes life passes so fast....this is my case in responding to your review! You have been here so often, I thank you so much for your support, and love having you come back.
Just to let you know we have a new chef, Patti who is amazing :-) This summer we have had so many people place orders and I keep hearing that the food was so tasty!
Have a wonderful fall,
Birgit and Shell
Vaudreuil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My dog Jack and I had a perfect stay at Domaine Summum. Everything was better than I expected. I thought it looked great from the pictures on the website, but it was even better in reality. The property is beautiful!!! It's paradise!!! And there's such a great attention to detail – the minute you arrive, you know the owners love dogs and understand what you need to have a great vacation with your pet. Can't think of a more peaceful and relaxing place. Wow!

The chalet was spotless clean, very cozy and had everything I needed. The bed was very comfortable, I slept like a baby! Watching the stars at night on a lounge chair with my dog on my lap was priceless.

We took long walks on the soft mossy trails, my dog running free and looking happy as ever! A one-year old Border Collie has tons of energy, and he had plenty of opportunities to burn it all off! He swam in the lake over and over, chased squirrels and birds in the woods (don't worry – he didn't catch any!!!), and meanwhile, I had an amazing time unwinding from my busy life, enjoying the fresh air and all the pretty scents of nature.

This weekend getaway was more relaxing than if I had spent a whole week at the beach!!! My only disappointment: it was too short!!! I will definitely go back – for a longer stay next time! In the Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer... Thanks to the owners for creating such a beautiful, inviting and dog-friendly place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the great write-up. It was a real pleasure meeting you and of course Jack, looking forward to having you come back for a longer stay, where you will really unwind and enjoy nature to the upmost.
Have a great fall,
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I needed a place to relax in nature with my dog. This was my first visit at Domaine Summum for 2 nights (really not long enough, trust me!).
Not only the owners are hearty, the cabin was so clean, welcoming and comfortable. Perfectly equipped, large bathroom, lots of storage and individual BBQ, I did not lack of anything! Wood and fire pit were kindly provided to enjoy a nice camp fire.
My dog has loved making new friends, swimming in the lake, walking, playing and running without a leash and the most important, allowed in the cabin just like at home!!
Family members were authorized to come over to visit me, and they really liked the site and the time spent at Domaine Summum.
This is a perfect and peaceful place for families and dog owners to have a wonderful vacation without having to use dog kennel or dog-sitting.
Only minutes away from Mont-Tremblant village, restaurants and attractions.
Thank you very much Birgit and associates, keep-up the marvellous work!!
I will definitely go back for a longer stay, I will show pictures and recommend the site to family and friends!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
What wonderful feedback, I am looking forward to seeing you soon with Tom Tom, who is a complete delight. Enjoy the spring! Birgit
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I agree 100% with Mike5569.

Every bad experience you had, we had as well. Their website is extremely embellished. I would not recommend this place unless you're expectations are low. Apart from the cleanliness of the place, there is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
During the stay of my guests and upon the departure of guests, I try my utmost to see how my guests are doing, if they need anything... and also.ask them how their stay was upon departure, if they have any comments positive or negative to write them in the guest book, if they so like, or speak to me in person, sometimes it does happen that I am not present upon their departure. Since I do not know who you are, it is difficult to know exactly how you were disappointed in your vacation as I cannot specifically answer your questions. What I can say is that many of the guests who have stayed here , had only positive feedback, confirming that they definitely will come back.
I had an arrival yesterday, who was surprised, "his words wow..., everything was nicer than what was on the website.....normally he said it was the opposite, that guests were disappointed.
Nothing is embellished on the website.
as they saying goes..
"You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time."
unfortunate but true :-(
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the "Domain Summum" from July 26th till July 28th.

My husband, my son, my Dog and I stayed at the Domain for 2 nights. My first reaction getting inside the cabin #4 was, WOW this is not a typical cabin with old amenities, everything is up to date and clean, perfectly decorated and every little pots and pans you need, was there. At the suggestion of Birgit the owner of the place, we were able to move the table and chairs and the BBQ on the side door to have more privacy, and it was perfect. When we arrived at the Domain, we had a nice welcome, and a good explanation of our surroundings. When she knew we wanted to make a bond fire she brought woods for us to burn. (we just had to provide our starter woods which you can get 5 minutes away at a gas station for 8$ and we were able to enjoy a fire on a nice Saturday night. I was so worry about leaving our young dog run around the cabin without a leash, but Birgit reassured us, that she never lost a dog and the dog will always come back running to us, which my dog did. We had our own private fenced in yard for dogs, so we were able to leave our dog for 2 to 3 hours to go do an activity. I was pleased with everything. Thank you Birgit for the nice stay.
I will definitively go back there in a heart beat.

Martine, Andrew, Jesse and lady ( woof woof )

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It has already been a year :-) Lot's has changed since you have been here, we now have a new chef, making incredible meals, Yappi hour and more....
Hope to see you back in the near future,
Birgit

Been to Domaine Summum? Share your experiences!