Last April, I called the Mont Tremblay Reservation Center for information. The agent I got seemed young and inexperienced but managed to give me the basic information I was seeking. When I called back a week later to reserve, a more experienced agent answered me. She was very patient and seemed to know the site very well. She listed all the special deals and finally I reserved for our group of five adults a small condo for 4 nights (with a 25% rebate for a stay over 3 days). Price: $640, taxes included. At the same time, I bought the activity booklets (with a 15% rebate when bought before the actual stay) to be picked up at the hotel. Price: $187, taxes included. It is worthwhile doing so as all activities (mini-golf, luge, etc) are quite costly when bought separately on site. Within a few minutes of making the reservation, I received the email confirmation.
The Lodge itself was easy to find at the top of the village, near all the main activities. Checking in was a breeze. The receptionist was very professional and offered me five keys (plastic cards) for us all. As she handed me the activity booklets, she also added passes with unlimited access during our stay to the private beach and the chairlift up the mountain. While the hotel has a private indoor parking($), free parking is available at the bottom of the hill. Of course, there is temporary parking right beside the hotel to unload the luggage.
Our condo was situated on the 4th floor. The space serving as a living-room (with sofa-bed)/dining area/kitchen was roomy. The bedroom with 2 double beds and its own t.v. was comfortable. Everything was clean and in order. The bathroom, of standard size, had all the usual amenities: shampoo, lotion, towels, hair dryer, large mirror. In a closet, there was an ironing board and a broom. The kitchen, complete with fridge, stove and dishwasher, was well-equipped with all the necessary utensils, plates, glasses, pots & pans. The balcony was too small, with only room for 2 plastic chairs. The air-conditioning and gas fireplace worked well.
The hotel amenities included an exterior pool (with lifeguard), two Jacuzzis, one sauna, a very small exercise room (one stationary bike and one elliptical trainer) and a pool table. Nearby the reception area, a large living room was open to all guests for reading the daily newspapers. While Internet was available, there was daily fee ($9). Two elevators serviced all floors and a luggage room was available for late departure.
Even thought it was August and the height of the tourist season, the hotel was half-empty due to the economic situation and rainy weather, and therefore very quiet. It definitively was good value for the money. When full during the ski season, the jacuzzis, fitness center and pool table might prove insufficient for a hotel of this size.
Restaurants: All are quite expensive. While the village has a small market, in Ste-Jovite (10 min. away by car), you will find many supermarkets. Two things to try: the beaver tails (about $5) and the ice cream with maple sugar and covered with maple taffy ($4).
Entertainment: Mostly geared towards children during the day. Daily list of activities at the desk. Nice little concerts around suppertime in the main square. Interesting show on birds of prey presented on top of the mountain. Challenging mini-golf (too hard for young kids). Great fun for all ages with the luge down the mountain. Many well-marked hiking trails on the mountain. Nice paved bike trails. Private sandy beach with the usual amenities and rentals.
Casino: Free shuttle between the village and the casino. Free non-alcoholic drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dès que vous pénétrez dans le hall d'entrée de cet hôtel, vous vous trouvez propulsé à l'ère de la fondation de Tremblant. Bois rond, répliques de canots et de raquettes ajoutent au décor une atmosphère unique et chaleureuse. À proximité de l'action et du village piétonnier, Le Lodge de la Montagne vous offre un accès direct aux pentes et à la gondole du Casino. Après une longue journée endiablée sur les pistes, détendez-vous dans le sauna et les bains à remous. Le bien-être total est garantie! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lodge De La Montagne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge De La Montagne Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Hotel De La Montagne
- De La Montagne Hotel
- Lodge De La Montagne Mont Tremblant, Quebec