“GREAT LOCATION FOR SKI IN SKI OUT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge De La Montagne

Save Saved
You added Lodge De La Montagne to your Saves list
Lodge De La Montagne
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   140 Chemin Au Pied de la Montagne, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1T1, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa, Canada
“GREAT LOCATION FOR SKI IN SKI OUT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Lodge de la Montagne for three days at the end of March 2013 in a one bedroom suite on the second (but ground-level) floor. The accommodation was comfortable and conveniently located. We loved the fact that we could ski back to the Lodge and store our skis and poles in lockers and that the Lodge provided padlocks free of charge. The down side is that there are no benches in the locker room, so you have to put your ski boots on in the room and then walk to the locker area floors below. Everything in the Village was within walking distance of the Lodge. It was great having a kitchen so that we could save a few dollars by eating breakfasts and lunches in the suite (we brought food). Relaxing in the outdoors hot tub after a day of skiing was fabulous . Although I was initially disappointed that we had a patio rather than a balcony, we quickly learned the benefits of being at the ground level. We had two deer appear at our livingroom window. They were quite tame and ate from our hands - we took lots of photos. My only criticism is that the Lodge charges for using the internet which I refused to pay. The unit was very warm even with the thermostat turned down ... until we discovered a separate control on the electric rad under the window (hidden by the couch). Once we turned that down (or off), everything was fine.

Room Tip: Corner suites with " turret" living rooms are very nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge De La Montagne, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear LindBri
We really apprciate your feedback from your last stay with us. I’m sorry that you had some little issue with your room and that you were not able to address it prior to your departure. I’m happy to see that you still enjoyed your overall visit at our beautiful resort. We hope to welcoming you back next year!!

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at Lodge De La Montagne for 3 days in early April. As other reviews state, great location, just steps from the village and ski lift. No breakfast, no restaurant or store with dry goods. Internet was not working and not included in the price of the room. It wouldn't be my first place to stay again, but average amenities likely reflected in average room rates.

Room Tip: Village side can be loud if your windows are open at nite with bar patrons returning home late.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear KFBoston
Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent visit at the Lodge. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with internet . I’m glad that it did not affect your overall stay and I hope you had great skiing and that we will see you next year!!
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family of five stayed here for two nights, in a one-bedroom suite which we booked at the last minute, for a reasonable price. I knew from reading other reviews that the decor was a bit dated, so that didn't surprise me... or particularly bother me. On the plus side, the location is great; it's hard to get much closer to the slopes. The ski lockers in the lowest level are very convenient. The room was certainly large enough for our family, and we loved having a kitchen so we wouldn't have to eat all meals in restaurants. (There is a surprisingly good grocery store on the town of Mont Tremblant - not the resort, you have to drive for about 20 minutes.) Also on the plus side, we arrived super early, at around 10:30 AM, but they still allowed us to check in. My kids enjoyed using the pool table after skiing, and the hot tub looked nice, although we didn't use it. The main downsides were super-thin pillows and the lack of internet access. Besides the fact that the wifi didn't work at all when I was there, you had to pay for it, whereas most hotels make this free of charge. (You can get free wifi in the Grain de Cafe coffee shop, not too far away.) On balance, I would still be likely to return, because the benefits outweigh any downsides - overall, we had a fabulous time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked a four day stay at Le Lodge de la Montagne and everything looked fine upon check in. It went downhill quickly. Needing to do some work while in the area, I expected to have internet available in this day and age (although it would be available at the outrageous cost of $11.95 per day). Not only was the internet not up and running, it had been out of service for a week according to the front desk. This was discovered only upon going down to the desk and inquiring as to how to access their internet. Never was anything said upon checking in. Just the shrugging of shoulders.

The room was spacious, but there were problems. The mattress definitely sunk towards the middle. There were extra blankets, but no extra pillows and those that were there were very thin. The kitchenette sink had a drip that would not stop as did the bathroom sink. Fun to listen to in the middle of the night. The door to the room would not close completely unless slammed. If you closed it in any normal fashion, it was easily pushed open. That makes me feel secure. I told the front desk this on the first day of my stay. It was still not addressed by the time I departed.

The room was unbearably hot. So hot, in fact, that we had to leave the balcony door open to cool the room to a reasonable temperature. And, we had turned the heat off in the room immediately upon our arrival. This did not make for a comfortable stay. Oh, and the view from the balcony included discarded bottles and beer cans.

The bathroom is small and, while the shower head was nice, the water was extremely hot. The towels were very thin.

The piece de resistance...... the 30+ people that decided to have a party in the room across the hall from us after most folks would be fast asleep. Several guests called security and then the police arrived. The noise had been going on for quite awhile and disturbed many guests. It was the perfect way to end the trip.

Asking if it was possible to leave our car in the garage past check out time (until we were done for the day)..... of course, at $20 per hour. Really? That many people are coming in on a Sunday at the end of the season?

I won't be back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge De La Montagne, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
DearCTMOM03
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologize that there was no follow up on such matter. I have already passed your comment to the managers team. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so we may discuss this further.
SINCERELY
Pickering, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed Mar 24-28. Some might call the decor rustic.....we just call it old. Everything in good working order mind you, and spotlessly clean. We had a studio with queen bed.

The good:
Outdoor and indoor hot tubs
Fully equipped kitchen
Good location (just steps to the village, but enough steps that you have peace and quiet).
Ski in/ski out, ski lockers included right beside the ski in/out access point.

The bad:
No balcony with this unit. By looking at the exterior you'd kind of assume every unit has a balcony but they don't. Not something the hotel goes out of its' way to point out.

Flat screen TV in room but....no DVD player, no movie channels (whether pay or not). Just a couple dozen TV channels, half in French). TV mounted on a swivel stand on top of dresser allowing it to rotate 180 degress so it could be viewed from either living room or bedroom area. Nice touch except the dresser is so low you can't see the TV while in bed!!! All you see is your feet. We had to lift the entire dresser/TV stand onto the coffee table just so we could watch in bed. Which left us without a coffee table.

No safe in room.

All in all - not worth the money.

Room Tip: We were in 519 - not a great view, but not bad either.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stay here every year at March break and this year I noticed a few issues with the room and the hotel that were not there previously. We had room 232 (2 bed suite) which faces the elevator. It was quiet for sleeping as the separate bedroom was at the end of the unit, so very little hallway noise. Of course one night someone decided to run down the hall at 3AM using the knocker on the door. Bring some black tape or sponge to dampen the door knocker. Who uses a knocker these days!!

While we were there, there was some type of major water leak in one of the units causing the fire alarm to go off during the day. The disaster recovery company was there for at least 3 days and we saw them removing a mattress one day. Not sure what floor had the leak, but it looked like the right side of the building when you get out of the elevator.

In our unit, the faucet leaked water out of its base when turned on, the "clean" dishes were coated with dirt/dry soap powder, and the bathroom fan had a low speed that would never shut off. Annoying for a light sleeper like me, even with the door closed.

First time ever I got stuck in an elevator. Waited 7 min while maintenance fixed it. Would have liked someone from front desk to have acknowledged my call when I used the Call button. Had no idea if they knew there was a problem and was texting my wife to go to desk to get a rescue.

Half of the jets in the hot tub don't work. If you like the jets, sit so you are facing the hotel.

The hotel is all wood construction (floors, walls), so if your neighbor gets up and has breakfast for first tracks (starts at 7:45, so a family needs to start breakfast at 6:30), you will hear it. On this trip we were doing the tracks so the noise from other units did not bother us. On checkout day we did not ski, and then the noise was obvious.

These issues aside, discounted price and location were great. You can't get a room at that price point at that distance from the gondola. Would consider coming back next year, at the right price, especially since demand seems way down this year. Very little crowding for the March school break which should be their busiest time of year.

Room Tip: Put something on the door knocker to dampen noise. Someone may use it a 3AM as a prank.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My cousins and I stayed in a one bedroom suite at LDLM for 4 nights. The rooms and bathrooms were clean but since I am one for aesthetics, I would have liked to see updated rooms as the property is quite dated.
Our room consisted of a little kitchenette which was convenient, but given the small space and no real ventillation, we ended up smelling like the food that we cooked!
The fireplace in the room was a nice touch, especially after a day of skiing in below freezing temperatures. Staff was friendly and helpful,and I think the hotel was reasonably priced.

Overall, I give this hotel an average rating, because aethetics are important to me. From that standpoint, I probably wouldn't stay here again. However, if all you are looking for, is a place to crash after a day on the slopes, I would recommend this hotel. The location is PERFECT, as you are literally around the corner from the ski rental shops and the lifts. There are plenty restaurants and bars (approx 5 minute walk), so chances are you won't be spending much time in the room anyway (we didn't).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge De La Montagne, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear BERMY80

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Lodge de la Montagne. With regard to the hotel décor, we will attend to go thru a makeover in the near future. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future, after the renovation!
Sincerely

Been to Lodge De La Montagne? Share your experiences!