We stayed on the Gold floor in March 2013 and while the staff in the Gold lounge was very nice, professional and helpful (in particular Danae, Jessica & Marie-Eve), we were disappointed of our stay. These are little things that taken individually, it doesn't really matter, but when it happens all within a 4 hour timeframe, it didn't made us feel special.
First of all, there was a lot of people in the pool (which is to be expected) but a couple of kids doing pool bombs... One of which completely soaked me, and when it's -2 C outside, you do not want to get your head wet. I told the lifeguard, which told me that it's just the diving was prohibited, jumping was allowed. I understand that he was following the rules, but in my head, jumping doesn't mean bombing... it's just common sense...
After that, we went to the Gold lounge to check out the hors d'oeuvres, again a disappointement: There was carrots, celeries, pineapple, strawberries and Brie cheese... This is our 5th stay on a Gold floor and it was by far the least appealing hors d'oeuvres.. In Boston's Battery Wharf, they even served lazagna once! I thought to myself that I would order in-room dining, and as I usually do, eat in the lounge instead of the room. I was told that this is forbidden and that no-one really knew the reason behind that... I mean it's not like I was ordering pizza from an outside restaurant.. It's their in-room dining! (Also, the lounge was nearly empty by then)
I decided to go to the Casino and asked to have a private car bring me there (We're FPC Platinum members, it's part of the benefits), when we arrived downstairs, the car was waiting for us. As we entered the car, someone walked by and asked the valet where was the bus for the Casino. The valet then turned around, opened our car's door and let a stranger in with us! I was speechless! It really was an awkward experience!
After the Casino, I decided that I would still order in-room dining (in my room..), I got the Penne Chicken Alfredo. When it arrived, there was no sauce, the pasta was just covered with oil! I called downstairs, which they promptly replaced it with one with cream... How did that get out of the kitchen in the first place? After talking to the Gold concierge, she agreed to remove the meal charges which was appreciated.
The next morning, things changed a little bit, the breakfast in the lounge was delicious. The crepes francaise are to die for! It made us appreciate a little bit more the last part of our stay.
The room itself was very nice, although they said they renovated them last year, I don't get why there is not a stand up shower instead of the old fashion bath/shower combination.
We would probably go at the Fairmont again if we have to go to Tremblant, but there are so many other places in the world to visit, I doubt we'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Tremblant resort in Quebec's Laurentian Mountains is nestled in the heart of a European-style village at the foot of the legendary Mont Tremblant. Featuring a dazzling array of lakes and trails, gourmet restaurants, charming bistros, exclusive boutiques, nightclubs and the Casino de Mont-Tremblant, Fairmont Tremblant is an unforgettable retreat in the heart of Quebec. This breathtaking year round Mont Tremblant resort destination offers an abundance of activities, including alpine skiing, five championship golf courses, mountain biking, river rafting, snowmobiling, ice climbing and much more! Fairmont Tremblant hotel puts you in the middle of all the fun... From the lively street life of the pedestrian village to a Laurentian playground that's as big as all outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Tremblant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Tremblant Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Fairmont Mont Tremblant
- Fairmont Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Chateau Mont Tremblant
- Mont Tremblant Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Tremblant
- Fairmont Tremblant Mont Tremblant, Quebec