“Quick weekend stay in January” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Westin Resort & Spa

You added Le Westin Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Le Westin Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Chemin Kandahar, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1E2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Montreal, Canada
“Quick weekend stay in January”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I booked a room for Saturday night. I called in around 3pm before the check-in time of 4pm and they said that the room wasn't ready. The person said I can still show up and they can keep the luggage for me. Seeing that we did a couple of hours of snowshoeing already and were pretty tired, we decided to go there anyway. The first thing I noticed was there's not much free parking around the hotel. The hotel has public indoor parking at 18$ max per day or there's also valet parking. The valet parking was 15$ per day. Otherwise, you can park at the free outdoor parking for Tremblant visitors and walk back to the hotel.

After showing up early, the person at check-in repeated the same answer, that the room wasn't ready, but was nice enough to find another room for us. I decided to go with the valet parking as there was a sudden drop of temperature that night and I didn't feel like parking outside at the free parking. The service was top notch and there was employees available to help you with bags and unloading the car.

We booked the single king bed suite. Once in the room, everything was clean. There's a small cooktop with microwave and fridge. The bathroom is quite large.

There's a restaurant inside the hotel. Both the pool and hot tub are outside. Do keep that in mind if you plan on using the pool in winter. The water is heated, but I wasn't brave enough to venture out at -20C.

The only weird thing I found was they offered late check out when I checked in and after discussing this in the room, I decided that I would call them and tell them that I would like to check out late. I was surprised that they told me to call back on the same day of check out to let them know. It's a weird policy to have to call the same day, but it was nice to be able to check out at 3pm instead of 11am.

As for the WIFI, there's free WIFI on site. You are limited to 200 MB a day though, but you don't go to Tremblant to go surf on the web.

Overall, the stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
DominiConcierge, Concierge at Le Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Bonjour Bobmtb,

Thank you for sharing your last experience at out proprety. We are happy to see our front desk clerk response very fast to find you a room ready.

We hope to welcome you again to Westin Resort & spa Tremblant in a near future!

Your concierge Dominic

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Bonjour! Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Le Westin and it was excellente! Upon arrival at the beautiful resort you are welcomed by a cozy snowy village and wonderful accommodations. The Le Westin is perfectly positioned on the village for all your needs. Once you park no need for the car again… unless you are going to the Scandinavian Spa but we will get to that in a minute. The Westin property is fresh off a renovation and feels cozy and welcoming. The staff if probably one of the best i have encountered at Starwood Properties. They could not have been more friendly, more welcoming and willing to do just about anything for you! Since the resort was not at capacity and it was pretty quiet the weekend we were there we were upgraded to a very nice suite. Quick and easy check-in process.

The rooms at the property are comfortable, have a wonderful fireplace and kitchen in all rooms at least in the suites (not sure about all rooms). The suites are perfect for a family traveling or friends. For skiers they promptly take your equipment and place them in the ski locker. The ski locker is easily accessible and convenient. Its a quick 5 minute walk to the lift. Could not have been more convenient. We also had a beautiful view of the mountain from our room…..just lovely! The hot tub at the resort was a great place to relax after a day on the slopes and meet new friends. It's a fun experience sitting in a hot tub when its only -20C outside. You literally have ice having from your hair while your body is immersed in the hot tub! Its a must!

We only ate the hotel one morning for breakfast and while the buffet felt a bit overpriced it was lovely. There are some great little cafes to go to for coffee and crossaints as an alternative to the breakfast at the Westin. We found some really great places to go that were less than $10 a person and very enjoyable. There is a wonderful cafe just outside the Westin and also serves the best "hot wine" or "mulled wine" as we call it in the U.S. There is a also a SAQ right below the Westin for any wine needs.

The village of Mont Tremblant is filled with many great restaurants, bars and shops. An enjoyable experience to walk around and enjoy the coziness and apres ski atmosphere. Be sure to hit the ice skating in the village (its free with a pass from the hotel) and be sure to go tubing on the mountain in the evenings beginning at 6pm. A blast! Felt like a kid again. Be sure to also ask for your free pass to tubing at the front desk.

Now if your staying for a few days be sure not to miss the Scandinavian Spa nearby. Its less than a ten minute drive and is worth the experience! Relaxing atmosphere and wonderful spa. Check out the website for more information.

The fab: Great hotel, convenient location, cozy hotel, wonderful staff, nice hot tub and workout facility, great facilities for skiers and quick walk to the lift.

The not so fab: Nothing! Enjoyed it all.

Great place for a family vacation, romantic weekend, skiers, relaxation and outdoor winter activities!

Wonderful stay! Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Bonjour!

WOW!

Thank you for the faboulos review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Be well

Your concierge Dominic
Niskayuna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

When we pulled up to the Westin someone took our luggage, someone else took our skis to a locker, and someone else took our car, which we did not need our entire stay. The hotel really makes a ski vacation easy. It was so nice to hear up in our room and grab our skis from the locker and head right out to the gondola. After skiing we would warm up by our fireplace until we headed down to the outdoor hot tub and HEATED pool. What an adventure in sub zero temps and snow! If you have any energy left after all of that, the restaurant options are fantastic within 5 minutes of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2015
DominiConcierge, Concierge at Le Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Bonjour NiskayunaJoan,

Westin Resort & Spa Tremblant thank you for staying with us recently. Appreciate very much your kind review.

We hope to welcome you again sometimes.

Be well, be Westin

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for the weekend at the beginning of January 2015. Its located on the western end of the village which is handy access to outdoor activities, restaurants and shopping.

On arrival, I found that person checking me in was either new, or grasp of english wasn't strong but I found this initial interaction brusk. I had to ask were the elevators were, I had to ask for the WIFI password, I had to ask about parking. In a high end Hotel, this things should not be completed by me asking, but the otherway around. I didn't leave me with a good first impression.

A helpful hint - there is a SAQ (liquor store) just around the corner for those who wish to indulge. The room was clean but I did notice a kleenex in a drawer, a piece of gum on the floor in the corner of the room. Both easily remedied. The kitchenette was well stocked with hot drinks which was nice.

Things of note: a bulb was out over the shower, the controller for the fireplace was loose, and there was no guide for the TV (not that we went there for TV). I called to the front desk and they said they had one but the rooms hadn't as of yet. I found this odd.

A late night drink at Gypsy, the hotel bar/restaurant and the bar staff said they didn't have lime mix but would have it tomorrow. They had just opened apparently. Again odd. Lime for drinks I would think is pretty basic. No sour mix either. I had something else so reader fear not!

The valet service was $15 a day which is standard and the staff were quick at retrieving my car so that was nice.

I found that the overall noise level in the hotel was loud. Just a lot of people sounds. Maybe it was the time of year - January 2 to 4 and people are still on vacation with their families. Who knows for certain.

We still had a great time, exploring the village and participating in winter activities, so these small things didn't detract from our overall experience. I just feel that considering the price paid these things should not exist. As its more than a few small things. One or two, sure things happen. My experience from travelling in many countries is that a high end hotel runs very smoothly. My experience was average. I expected more really...

Room Tip: Stay away from any room within 50 feet of the elevators as its incredibly loud
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
DominiConcierge, Concierge at Le Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Chucky6524,

We regret that your last stay with us was not up to your expectations. We understand your dissatisfaction regarding our different lack in services. Rest assured that we did our utmost to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible.

Our apologize for the inconvenience and hope to welcome you again, offering the kind of service that all our guests deserve.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

we stayed here open weekend of the season and had a wonderful time. It rained one of the days, but we decided to make it a spa day. Although the spa isn't owned by the hotel, the staff there was extremely helpful and enjoyable. The rooms are really nice. The fireplace is a nice added touch at a ski resort. Staff was really helpful, only one thing would suggest, is reaching out to the guests before they get to the counter. There wasn't anyone in the lobby when we arrived guest wise and no one greeted us until we got to the counter as they were talking to one another and not very specially aware. Overall though, was a fantastic time and a really nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2014
Bonjour Taylor J,

I will share your good words and other concern to all the Westin team..

The welcome is more than important to the Westin Brand.

We are sorry we didn't greet you before arriving at check in desk.

We hope to welcome you again at our Hotel

Regards

Fort Myers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed between Christmas and New Years with our young kids. The hotel has a convenient location; we walked easily to the restaurants and slopes. The room was a bit cramped. We found a dirty pair of socks under the foot of the bed (yuck), which really made us wonder how thoroughly they clean between guests. The front desk and concierge staff were adequate. Not overly friendly or helpful, but they provided the expected level of service and competence. We did not eat in the on-site restaurant. There is an outdoor heated pool and a game room with a couple of pool tables and arcade games, but no other activities offered at the hotel. No Westin kids club, no play room, no calendar of events, which would have been nice at times to escape the cold. I would consider staying again, but I am not anxious to return.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Bonjour travelsnobFortMyers,

Team Westin Tremblant thank you for the good words on your last stay with us.

Game room is there only for the Holidays. Our hotel is not big enough to offer a Kids club room autorized by Strarwood.

Hope to welcome you again to our property

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a 1 room suite that was clean, the bed was wonderful and the bathroom well appointed. The hotel is nice with an outdoor hot tub and swimming pool that the kids loved. Also the workout room is 24 hours and is well equipped. The things that let the hotel down are twofold; firstly, they simply did not have enough staff to manage the busy Christmas period. The staff that were there were friendly and helpful but there simply wasn't enough of them. Getting checked in took 30 minutes, getting our bags from our room took so long we left the room to get lunch. Secondly, for a hotel situated at a ski resort we felt the design wasn't very ski or boarder friendly. There is no place to place skis outside the hotel, no hooks or placeholders for helmets and mitts in rooms or at the restaurent. The ski lockers are fine but it just felt that a skier didn't help with design. If we weren't paying Christmas rates I would probably have given a 4 out of 5 rating but for the price we just couldn't get passed how understaffed the place seemed.

Stayed December 2014
Bonjour CharlesC,

We thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at our proprety! We are happy to read you had a good time with us. We are however sorry you experience some delay in some of our service in this busy holiday season.

Best regards

Dominic

Been to Le Westin Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!