“Not AT ALL up to expectations” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Westin Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Le Westin Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Le Westin Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Chemin Kandahar, Mont Tremblant, Quebec J8E 1E2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa, Canada
“Not AT ALL up to expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Things did not get off to a good start when we arrived at 215 PM on December 27. As an SPG lifetime Platinum, I am supposed to get preferential treatment. Instead I was told that if I had bothered to read my confirmation, check-in was not until 430PM (I checked it afterward and check in time is 4 PM NOT 430. We were told that it would be put in priority and to give a number and they would call when the 2 bedroom suite was ready. After multiple follow-ups, we were FINALLY given our room at 445 PM. To add insult to injury, the master bedroom ensuite washroom had not been cleaned properly and there were soap splatters all over the counter, an improperly cleaned toilet and a used towel hanging on the towel rack. My complaint to the manager on duty resulted in a paltry 3 drink vouchers by way of compensation for the inconvenience. The next morning, the maid showed up at 820 to 'clean'. I had to encourage her to vacuum and nothing was dusted or wiped - only the washroom was cleaned.
The next day, the hotel apparently failed to follow up properly on a dinner reservation and we ended up with an extremely unpleasant dinning experience (see our review on Yamada - Tremblant). However, the straw that broke the camel's back was the housekeeping service the following day. After the extra early arrival of the maid the day before, we were surprised that by 12 noon, no one had arrived to clean the room. Four calls and 4 hours later - still no one. This hotel is now on my 'never to be visited again' list. It is nowhere close to 5 stars and the room lacks basic amenities such as luggage racks and in the master bedroom, there was no telephone nor any drawers in which to put clothes. Certainly with the high season price I paid for my suite, it was a complete and total rip off . All I can say is don't waste your money here. I certainly will never set foot again.

Room Tip: if getting a suite - check on layout - some are very poorly designed and laid out.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DoLeConcierge, Concierge at Le Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
We are sorry to have missed an opportunity to serve your better and regret that our housekeeping did not meet your expectations and hope that you will consider another stay at our resort in the near or distant future to restore your opinion of our property as a veritable Westin.

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The hotel is obviously not well maintained. The fireplace was not working on check-in, and I had to call twice (the second time after waiting a few hours) to get someone to come repair it. The lamp in the room was faulty - when I turned it on, smoke came out and it smelled like burning plastic. Again, had to call to have it replaced. Finally, the morning of my departure, the coffee maker broke. These are all things that should have been avoided, and could have been avoided easily with basic maintenance.

In addition, every time I pulled up to the hotel in my car, there was never anyone to greet me or take my car - notwithstanding the fact that I had used the valet service. I would have to walk into the hotel, deal with all of my luggage on my own, and look for the valet.

Finally, there were serious inconveniences in the pool/jacuzzi area. A group of people was smoking marijuana, drinking rum out of plastic cups, smoking cigarettes, and being very disrespectful. They actually made fun of my and my guests that were visiting from Italy because we were speaking Italian. I, along with other guests, complained multiple times, but only a few of them were asked to leave. The others remained and continued to smoke and drink in the jacuzzi, even though there was a large sign explicitly prohibiting that sort of behaviour. All of these were small complaints, but when put together, they make for an unpleasant experience.

The worst part was the total lack of concern from anyone in the hotel. I asked to speak to the manager at check-out, but was told that there was no manager available (at 11:30am on a Sunday). I was told that the manager would contact me as soon as she was in. I received a call at 9pm on Sunday night from the front-desk supervisor. Since I had no issues with the front desk, I had no reason to speak to the front-desk supervisor. This just reinforces the lack of care shown by the Westin staff.

I am an SPG Gold Member and have stayed in a number of Westins and other Starwood properties, along with a number of competitors' hotels, and can assure you that this was the worst hotel experience I have had. What makes it worse is that I had guests visiting from Italy and took them to the Westin because I expected them to have the best possible experience in Mont Tremblant - what an embarrassment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to write this review. The hotel has been freshly renovated and we recognize that there is still more work to be done. We are grateful when valued guests communicate valuable feedback pertaining to accommodations and services that will serve to improve our offerings and performance, in hopes of delivering guest accommodations & services worthy of the Westin brand to which we aspire.

We were advised of the Jacuzzi situation entailing the presence of unauthorized individuals and did not hesitate to take immediate action in removing them from our pool and Jacuzzi area. Rest assured that the comfort and well-being of our Westin guests and SPG members alike remains our top priority, at all times. On behalf of the executive management team, we deeply regret this infraction and would like you to know that, in hopes of preventing future infractions of this nature, our pool/Jacuzzi area, going forward, will only be accessible via magnetic key access as included in our renovation project due for completion in 2014.

In conclusion, we are sorry to have missed an opportunity to serve your better and regret that the call from our Front Desk Supervisor (Manager on Duty on your departure day) did not meet your expectations and hope that you will consider another stay at our resort in the near or distant future to restore your opinion of our property as a veritable Westin.

Best regards
Whitby, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We noticed a condom by the fireplace, called the manager at the front desk, they sent a maid to remove the condom 2 hours later (she did not clean the mess, just remove the condom), and offered us 1 free drink at the bar for 3.

Customer service is a key driver to the reputation of your Brand. This action did not live up to the expectations the Westin has set for their Brand. So unfortunate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We live about an hour from Tremblant so when we want a little escape we always visit de Westin on the Mountain. Everything is just so delightful over there: they talk about experiencing when you visit this hotel chain and it definitively is one of our best experiences we have each time we visit (3 or 4 times a year). In July, we stayed at the beautiful Westin Resort and Spa in Tremblant to assist at one of my husband's family member performance at the Jazz Music Festival which is held just next to the hotel. The food was excellent as usual and the service impeccable! Like many say: it sits right on the mountain and has such a breathtaking view of all the surrounding lanscape. The personnel at the Westin is always affable and always give us hints as to what to visit and discover! Kudos to the management of this beautiful Westin that has one of the best spas in the area! We've always been staying in a studio with equiped kitchen and the beds are just "heavenly" as they promote. Just a few steps away, you find all you need for children's and teen's activities. And if you're a skier, enjoy yourself in the winter, on their slopes just one hop away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This Magnificent Starwood Property is by far one of the most historic and elegant hotels I visited over the past few years. From the breathtaking mountainous views to the rich historic landscape that surrounded me - I simply was in awe each day that elapsed. As always, the staff was extremely polite and generous awarding me a "Full 2 Bedroom Suite" upgrade. I mentioned I had a few friends with me and being a Lifetime Platinum SPG Member, with Ambassador level to make our stay extremely comfortable n pleasant.

Mont Temblant was gorgeous and just steps to the mountain from the rear hotel exit and up the walkway/trail. I would highly recommend taking the bike trails and experiencing the true beauty everywhere. If you happen to visit during the winter months it is a "must" you bring your ski gear and immerse yourself in some of the finest snow slopes that Canada has to offer. We did plenty of mountain hiking ourselves and also spent a fair amount of time in the small village. Don't expect to drive many places since its a remote location. The weather was awesome the week we spent there and the drive was less than 2 hrs from Montreal.

There are only a handful of hotels in Mont Tremblant area but the #1 Top Resort is "Le Westin Resort & Spa". Plus, make sure to dine at the Yamada restaurant, which is Asian and you will adore the atmosphere of this place. It is unlike any other!!!! Check it out and make sure to spend some money in the Spa - you deserve it!!

Quebec is very beautiful and this is another reason why I love spending my weeks exploring and traveling this amazing province. I've traveled for over 10 yrs as a Platinum Traveler and once you start you can stop traveling. This true love and passion for seeing the world never ends. I can't imagine living "the boring a-typical" life in the same boring 9-5 routine lifestyle without being able to step out and enjoy new surroundings. At least 98% of the population live only by work, work, work and more work with no play and no zest or joy for the beauty of life that surrounds us each and everyday. So get out and visit Le Westin Mont Tremblant and please write your own review afterwards and upload some pics from the mountain top.

Needless to say this is another reason why I love traveling and experiencing various cities and at the same time being able to use my SPG Lifetime Platinum level. So, please register with SPG if you haven't already.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
DoLeConcierge, Concierge at Le Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Bonjour Westondrive,

It seems you were pleased and fulfilled by your stay with us. It's a good feeling when your trip provides you with good, everlasting memories.

We are assured this trip as becomed one of your best and calming travel experience you had.

Best regards

Dominic - Concierge
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just got back from a one-night stay with my girlfriend, and was very pleasantly surprised! In the interest of providing a timely review, I felt it best to address certain criticisms which I read up about on this website.

First, the hotel/resort itself has been recently renovated. This means that other comments suggesting that the TVs are old tubes, that the wallpaper is peeling from the walls, and that the
beds themselves do not live up to Le Westin's "heavenly" reputation are discernibly false, at least in our experience. Also, wifi is now offered for free, with certain restrictions (I believe each room is given an allowance of 200mb of bandwidth during their stay, though don't quote me on this).

Service, value, cleanliness and location were as good as others have mentioned. Also, because we went during off-season, my girlfriend and I were offered late check-out free of charge (we were allowed to stay in our rooms until 15:00 instead the usual check-out time of 11:00). I would also stress that resort itself is located right in the heart of the Tremblant, which was absolutely amazing.

Valet parking is 15$, and offers in-and-out services. This means that, for the 15$, you are allowed access to initially parking your car (in), then picking it up (out) and then parking it again whenever you want (in-and-out). Alternatively, you can park down the street (literally a 3 minute walk) for 11$ a day.

Also, please note that while I was forced to rate the "spa" and "breakfast", we did not actually experience them, and therefore have nothing good or ill to say about either services.

Overall, we loved our time in Tremblant, in large part thanks to our stay at Le Westin Resort & Spa!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are more than happy to see that you felt revive by your stay with us.

Thank you very much for this fantiastic review.

Hope to see you again after all renovations will be done.

Kind regards.

Dominic - Concierge
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Spent the weekend at the Westin Mont Tremblant for my 40th birthday and our 2nd wedding Anniversary. The resort was easy to find and is located right at the Mont Tremblant Resort.

We were greeted by a friendly valet that helped us unpack our car and delivered our luggage within 10 minutes of our check-in. We decided to valet park our car with in-and-out priviledges wich was a very reasonable $15.00 a day.

Our room on the 6th floor with a view of the lake. The room came with a kitchenette and a pull-out couch. The fridge was very welcome and the bed was very comfortable. I have no complaints about the room whatsoever. It was a very relaxing and quiet week. My only real complaint is the poor channel selection on the tv. I had to leave the hotel to catch my Sens on Sportsnet. That was no real issue as we were literally steps from the resort and several restaurants with sports on tv.

The pool and hottub area looked nice however we opted to go to the Scandinavian Spa on Saturday afternoon so we did not try the hottub out.

Overall we had a great weekend. Would go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Westin Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!