“Overpriced!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Resort Communities, Mountains, Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Skiing, Cross-country skiing, Dining, Nightlife, Swimming, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: North of Montreal, this wonderful resort offers some of the best skiing in eastern North America.
New York City, New York
33 attraction reviews
“Overpriced!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just returned from Mont Tremblant, yes its very pretty but nothing to really say oh wow.
Perhaps if you have never been anywhere else in the world you will so it really all that but in reality its just cute.
My daughter went to ski school 4 days and she loved every minute of it, they seem very disorganized in the morning and I was worried that they were not giving anything that would match kid to the parent. I guess I might be a paranoid American but almost anyone can get a kid and they would not know who they are. She is 5 years old and thought that food was fine but I think after hour of beeing outside kids don't care what to eat and she was not hungry in the afternoon when we would pick her up. All instructors are very young and do well with little kids. One day my daughter was very cold they made sure to bring her inside and warm her up.
The price of course is high, I find it almost outrageous that they do not even include equipment for kids or lift ticket.
I also booked private lessons for myself and my husband and it was great as far as the quality but again the price was outrageous, it would alot less if we went to Europe or almost anywhere else.
All restaurants that we ate in were crazy expensive and not good at all, even the activities that we booked through activity center were about 10% higher vs.if were going to buy them right at the place it self. Usually resorts tend to discount activities because they can get cheaper rates.
I think it would be cheaper so stay outside of the village it self but you would have to use ski Vallet so you don't have to bring skis everyday with you.
Only one spot had free wi-fi, internet provided for the whole village by one company and its terrible and you have to pay for it.

florida
16 attraction reviews
“first time ski experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The resort itself is very quaint and picturesque, beautiful vistas with everything you need within walking distance. I know its cliche but it really is like something out of a postcard. You will never run out of activities to do as there is everything for everyone. If you dont ski or snowboard, there is ice skating, tubing, ziplining, snowmobiling, dog sledding, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and even shopping!

My husband and I took ski lessons. Bob, our ski instructor was the best! He was very patient with me. My husband picked up real quick, he wasnt afraid of falling or of speeding down the bunny slopes while poor me, I totally did not expect myself to be such a klutz. Here I am, not afraid of rollercoasters, not afraid to rapel, jump off cliffs, not afraid of heights but got scared of a little ice and snow. So I would give special thanks to Bob for not pushing me to do something I clearly was not comfortable doing.

The only thing I felt was lacking was the souvenir shops. I counted only three in the area, the Christmas shop, the shop selling Tremblant items and the Indian shop. Not much choices though. The rest were sports shops selling winter items.

At the Aquaclub, we also experienced being in an outdoor hot tub in the middle of winter, with snow all around it. That was something else!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“"Exceptionel" Canadian skiing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great service, helpful attendants, rentals in good condition, lots of snow, fun runs for many abilities. 3 magic carpets for learners. Quick moving lifts. Slightly icy when we were there this past Friday, but that's what was falling from above later in the day. Get there early to make full use of your ticket cause the lifts close too early! At 3:45pm. Be warned-- the pedestrian village is outrageously expensive. Do yourself a favor and pack lunch, bring bottled water, etc. Storage space comes with your rental. Get ready for great skiing :)

NJ
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointed with Ski School - Stick With Vermont”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just got back from a 3 night stay at Mont Tremblant Resort. We are avid skiing family of 5 (3 kids) and we were disappointed with Mont Tremblant given the quality of the ski school program and the high prices of the mountain in general (from ski school to restaurants to stores). We stayed at the Sunstar condos which claimed to be a short 5 minute distance from the mountain. However, when you have 3 young children with ski equipment, a 5 minute walk turns into 15 to 20 minutes (up hills). If you decided to drive, there is no parking area to be able to drop off your children as well. Once we got to the ski school, it was utter chaos and hundreds of kids/parents wondering around. We waited around until they took our children (outside) with little information even given about our children's ski abilities. Our children told us that they had to wait another 20 to 30 minutes outside (in the freezing cold) while they waited to organize the kids into groups. No numbers/tags were given out to the parents so that they could match up the parents with the children upon pick up unlike many other resorts. The pricing of the ski school was very high. It does not include lift tickets unlike any resort we had been to before on the East Coast (Stratton, Gore, Whiteface, Jiminy Peak, Butternut, etc.) and then they tacked another 18% taxes/service charge. Most other places charge between $110 and $125 (ex rentals) compared to $200 at Mont Tremblant (or $260 with rentals).. The service was subpar for those prices. Lunch for the kids was pathetic - a piece of cheese or ham on white break, a small apple juice, and a soup. My children said it was horrible and begged me to bring lunch to them the next day. Upon pick up, it was chaos again. You had to wander back and forth through a large area trying to find your children. The two pluses was that the mountain was beautiful and they gave the kids gps (flaik.com) to track the results of skiing. Instructors did not provide any feedback upon pick up of your children and you had to ask them many questions to get information out of them. Additionally, lines were long at the lifts in general (it was a holiday weekend) but generally would range from 15 to 30 minutes which was insane given that the runs were not crowded. As a beginner, the slopes were fantastic but the ski school was sub par given the prices. Additionally, there was limited on signage on where to find lockers (the only ones were outside and that is where you had to change into your ski boots (outside) if you brought them with you to the mountain) and here was no main lodge area to hang out. Signage needs to be improved or there needs to be someone stationed at an information booth. Lastly, the road conditions are dreadful. They do not salt and you have to be so careful driving. We almost got into an accident 4 times even driving at 5mph.....black ice everywhere with no salt on the road. Given the conditions, we never left the resort and was forced to pay those high prices for all of our meals. Overall, a nice mountain to ski especially for beginners but Vermont/Berkshires/Upstate NY offers a much better value and a much better ski school program. It is not worth the drive up to Mont Tremblant. I would not recommend visiting it.

Toronto
3 attraction reviews
“Tremblant OK but lifts need upgrading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We skied for four days in late December 2012. The snow conditions were wonerdul and the runs were open and generally well groomed. Our biggest frustration was with the lifts that stopped frequently and at one point people were stranded for two hours. This did not happen to us but we did have long waits.
We often ski at Blue Mountain in Collingwood Ontario and the lifts there are more reliable and faster.

Visited December 2012