“Excellent cuisine in Tremblant” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Menu sans gluten / Gluten free menu
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excellent cuisine in Tremblant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This was an excellent finding for french food. The duck with foie gras was splendid and a great red wine recommendation. Service was outstanding and "home like". They were very accommodating for my kids. A must for good food and service.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Macon, GA
“Best laid plans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

In doing research on the best restaurant in Mont Tremblant to celebrate our son's birthday, we made a reservation at Le Cheval de Jade. We confirmed via message that we were celebrating a birthday. The food was very good, but the waiter, and all the staff were overwhelmed. When we got to the end of our meal, our previously ordered cheese tray and my dessert were delivered, and our son's birthday candle was on that - nothing for him. I understand that restaurants get busy, but this was a big deal and they dropped the ball. It took so long to get our food, and we almost gave up after we ordered another dessert for our son, which we were charged for. Just not what we were hoping for. Too many delays.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
lechevaldejade, Propriétaire at Le Cheval de Jade, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello
When you have made your reservation the other day, you did not mention your son's birthday. You've just left a phone message to 5pm on the day of your meal by talking about a cake or a candle. Of course with a notice of 2 hours, the kitchen cannot make you a special cake and especially without knowing what kind of dessert you like. Not to mention that 5pm, the restaurant is already open and we have customers. When we took your order, you have pre-ordered a cheese and dessert. We were pleased to celebrate the anniversary of your son with a candle. Our server knew that you wanted to share. You mark your message that the service was long but you forget to mention that you have chosen to add a lava cake cooked a la minute (on the menu, it is stated that there is a delay of 20 minutes). You have arrived at 7:10 p.m. and you paid your bill at 9.30 p.m., I think it is quite normal given time as a birthday meal. I'm sorry there was simply the lack of communication between you and us.
Miami Beach
“Le Cheval de Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We just returned from a ski trip to Mont Tremblant and we are so happy we took the extra drive to Le Cheval de Jade. It was the best meal we had on our 5 day trip!!! Our kids 13 and 10 loved it just as much as we did!!! The restaurant is warm and cozy in a little house. We started with the curry and squash soup served in a mini claw foot tub and a salad. I had the bass - perfection and hubby had the venison - he loved the apple condiment on top. The kids were especially crazy about the duck confit with truffle foi gras sauce. For dessert we had the creme brulee and black chocolate - yum! The service was very lovely and they paid special attention to allergies and dietary issues. If ever in the area again - we will be back!!! Maybe for the special duck that needs to be reserved one day in advance.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Best restaurant north of Montreal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food, the food, the food: every course is a gastronomic adventure. The service is top notch. The dining room is quiet and comfortable. Not cheap, but worth every penny! Better make a reservation: full house on a Saturday night!

Montreal, Canada
“Unexpected surprise in small town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I had looked for dinner restaurants on TripAdvisor the morning we were going to be staying in St. Jovite due to an anniversary gift from our kids. This restaurant was voted number one in the area and I can understand why. The attention to detail and service started from that first conversation on the phone until the moment we left. "A+ for effort" is all I can say!
The hostess/owner greeted us at the door, asked us if had gone skiing and was exceptionally friendly. We were told initially that they only seat 8 people per half hour, so although we wanted to come at 7 , we were fine to go at 7:30. This restaurant is located in a small wood house up on the hill(leading into the Main Street of St. Jovite- this is not the Mont Tremblant village for those of you unfamiliar with the area; however it is close enough by car if you are staying there and worth the trip for this unique dining experience) which is characteristic of the street. Most of the stores and restaurants are located in these renovated small wood houses on this street making it a quaint area. Not a shopping area for those looking for upscale shops... It's the complete opposite end of the spectrum except for maybe one sports clothing store and high end kitchen shop. But I digress....
This menu tends to focus on a tasting menu. So if you are into eating multiple courses and are hungry ( a definite prerequisite), this is the place for you. It is truly a wining and dining experience, meaning the service goes at a slow pace and no one is rushing you out the door. We did not choose to go that route because we don't like eating so much food, but we did live vicariously through the young couple sitting directly across from us. The tables are close! I bus e thee may have been a total of 34 diners in the whole restaurant. Reservations are a must.
We had appetizers- my husband had a salad and a main of salmon with side dishes he didn't like. I had a yummy shrimp appetizer that was very different and a delicious big scallops with a kind of mousse and small veggies. I Ioved mine. In between they gave some amuse bouche which were good. The plates and presentations were interesting and eye catching.
The chocolate molten was delicious. I'm sure their other few desserts were too.
What I liked was that the chef, and I believe owner and husband of the hostess, came out to talk to the guests during the evening to see how your meal was.
Everyone is treated to some funky tasting after dinner liqueur in a lab vial tube set in an interesting holder along with a mini birdcage of macaron candies.
My husband didn't think it was worth the value; maybe he would have felt that way if we did the larger tasting menu. Our order we from the table d'hôte page.
It seemed like everyone else did the tasting menu because you could see the two/three waiters going back and forth with similar dishes throughout the evening. It was like a little show which I found amusing.
Note: I am not a liquor drinker and prefer a glass of wine, but for some reason I chose to accept a lychee liqueur drink which I couldn't drink after two sips. It was way too sweet. When the hostess offered a choice of that or champagne with raspberry liqueur when we first sat down, I naively thought that it was complimentary. $10.00 was the actual price!
Nevertheless, I found the whole place quaint and charming,
They all spoke English, so tourists need not worry about that!
I gave it a 4 because of what my husband said, but otherwise I would have given it a 5! For this area, this was the best restaurant and well deserved high ratings.
If you're a foodie and like French food, this is the real deal! Bon Appetit!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere