We spent a beautiful fall weekend at Manoir Hovey - We stayed in one of their most luxurious cottages and it was really gorgeous - bathroooms out of a Hollywood set, comfortable beds, beautiful views. Very private. The dinners were a bit disappointing. All of the food was very good - but not spectacular, which was what we expected. There were a few dishes that would earn A plus ratings - a scallop appetizer, for example, but the rest were very good but not amazing. The presentation was perfect - so I give them A plus for that - each plate was truly artistic, but tastewise, did not knock our socks off. There were also some minor but annoying service lapses. The first night, we asked for our table to be moved because of a very loud piano player and one of our party has hearing problems. They did this graciously. When we set the time for dinner for night two, I made a point of telling the reservations desk that we needed to be sat as far as possible from the piano again. They put us once again at a table near the piano. The hostess realized after she saw us that she should have made that change automatically, but to her credit, no one in the reservations area communicated this to her beforehand. Other small things - one night we waited 15 minutes for water and had to ask for it. One member of our party asked for the same glass of wine as another at the table and was brought something different. The same mixed drink was charged at a different amount on two different nights. One night our bottle of wine was removed to another location and the waiter was supposed to bring it over and refill glasses and came over to pour the last glasses when we were already eating dessert. On both nights, when we asked for decaf coffee, when the server came over and started pouring and we checked, it was not decaf. All of the service staff was pleasant and extremely willing to please, so no complaints there. but there definitely seemed to be communication issues in the dining room. While these are all small issues, it's not what you would expect from a Relais and Chateaux property.
There were some small issues at our cottage barely worth mentioning but again, this is supposed to represent "perfection" in accomodations. There was a bag of granola and a wrapped bottle of maple syrup on the sideboard when we came in. There was no note to indicate if this was a gift (which would have probably been appropriate given how much we paid for our accomodation) or if we would have to pay if we took them. We had to ask at the desk (Yes there would be a charge for these, the girl at the desk said there "should" have been information specifying this but there was not. ) Also, although this was a large 2 bedroom suite, there were only two small coffee cups - that was it -- I wouldn't say that is adequate for 4 guests. I think it needed to be stocked a little more generously. Again, little issues but not what you would expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 75 minutes from Montreal, Manoir Hovey is a 5 star Relais & Chateaux property on the shores of Lake Massawippi just outside of North Hatley, one of Quebec's most picturesque villages. Manoir Hovey is truly one of Canada’s most charming and romantic inns. We offer thirty-seven beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites, year-round activities, and host conferences, weddings and special events. Our award-winning four diamond restaurant, Le Hatley, showcases fine regional cuisine complemented by an extensive wine list. Overlooking the lake and surrounded by English gardens, the dining room has a tranquil setting with breathtaking views. An unforgettable experience to enjoy with your partner or your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, T4B, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Manoir Hovey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Hovey North Hatley, Quebec, Canada
- Manoir Hovey Hotel North Hatley