We arrived at this beautiful property on a sunny summer day and enjoyed the stunning grounds and our balcony overlooking the lake.
The setting and the service (front desk, bellman, dining room, poolside) were all excellent and thoughtful. Questions by receptions were answered with pleasure and pride, maps drawn, and weather forecasts predicted. The gardens were vibrant and my photos do not do them justice. The only negatives: the room was a bit shabby, but more importantly the bed was impossibly hard, which is inexcusable in this day when even low end hotels have plush mattresses, I really expected more from a Relais and Chateaux property. Although the espresso machine was wonderful, a mini bar in the room would also be greatly appreciated for those late night cravings. The jacuzzi tub and the housekeeping staff were excellent, and complimentary computer access was appreciated. I loved the pub for pre-dinner cocktails and I thought the meals in the dining room were really fantastic and well-paced (great cheese cart!). Unfortunately, notwithstanding the hotel's policy of requiring business casual in the dining room (with jackets strongly recommended), which policy was also emphasized at check-in and in the hotel services guide, the restaurant still allowed guests to dine in t-shirts and tennis shoes, which cheapened the overall experience. The hotel either needs to enforce its stated policy (yes, that means turning innappropriately dressed diners away) or give up on it altogether so guests expecting an elegant dining experience as promised are not unpleasantly surprised. I also would llike to note that unlike one of the prior posters, when I requested the (small) AAA discount at checkout, it was granted with pleasure and no problems. I would love to return to this hotel in the winter for a cozy and snowy retreat, but I hope the standards this classic hotel has set out for itself will be enforced for all to enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 75 minutes from Montreal, Manoir Hovey is a 5 star Relais & Chateaux property on the shores of Lake Massawippi just outside of North Hatley, one of Quebec's most picturesque villages. Manoir Hovey is truly one of Canada’s most charming and romantic inns. We offer thirty-seven beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites, year-round activities, and host conferences, weddings and special events. Our award-winning four diamond restaurant, Le Hatley, showcases fine regional cuisine complemented by an extensive wine list. Overlooking the lake and surrounded by English gardens, the dining room has a tranquil setting with breathtaking views. An unforgettable experience to enjoy with your partner or your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, T4B, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Manoir Hovey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Hovey North Hatley, Quebec, Canada
- Manoir Hovey Hotel North Hatley